-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have an Anschutz Model 54MS Silhouette rifle for sale.

It's in excellent condition.This is a 1985 production but it hasn't been shot in 15 years.Metal is in perfect condition,the wood stock has a few marks but is remarkably nice for its age.This was owned by a life long friend who recently passed and I bought it from him to help with his bills.I really have no need for such a rifle.

It comes with the owners manual and target attached to it.It also has a tool for torquing the action screw.

It also comes with a Redfield front dovetail turn in base with windage adjustable rear base.

Asking $1,800.00 or Best Reasonable Offer.

Thank you.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Attached Images
Ans2.jpg (67.78 KB, 149 downloads)
Ans1.jpg (37.35 KB, 107 downloads)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
TTT

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Do you have any idea ,based on knowledge of your friend, concerning whether the rifle may have been shot a very lot ,or a very little?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Do you have any idea ,based on knowledge of your friend, concerning whether the rifle may have been shot a very lot ,or a very little?

How many rounds does it take to wear out a .22?

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

He's passed but from its condition it appears to have been shot very little.

We shot silhouettes together,only a few years,in the mid to late 1980's.

I only remember him shooting it occasionally from that time on.

That's the best that I can tell you.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You can't wear out a 54. I've always read million rounds on the action, 100,000 on a barrel.

Take that back. Normal people can't wear one out. I wouldn't buy one from Stick. He could wear one out.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Borchardt

How many rounds does it take to wear out a .22?

I think you can wear one out a lot quicker by improper cleaning than shooting. I didn't think it might have been shot out,but just wondered if it looked well used or unused.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

The pictures display a well cared for Anschutz.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I have a 1959 model 54 with no telling how many rounds on it and it shoots the same as the day I got it. I have put at least 10,000 rounds through it and I have only had it a few years.

Eagle Lake, Mississippi is close to heaven.

"Everything Hipsters touch turns to chit........Period..
Whisky.....Beer.....Tobacco.....Boots....Clothing....Gear......you name it..
Good thing the fuggers don't like firearms.." Fieldgrade

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
TTT

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
While rummaging through a box that my friend gave me with this Anschutz I discovered this cleaning rod guide.It's made by Anschutz.I didn't know Anschutz made such a tool.

Anyway, this Anschutz rod guide will come with the purchase.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

This is a $30.00 item that will come with this Anschutz.

http://www.champchoice.com/store/main.aspx?p=ItemDetailOptions&item=014134

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (338Rules, 16penny, 338reddog, 280shooter, 15 invisible), 1,186 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.