O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That is just one small county, add in Roseu, Beltrami, Koochiching, Itasca and Beltrami countys and the numbers really add up.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Will Mn. ever get to hunt wolves or will they keep letting the gov't agents [ professionals ] do it ?

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for posting that, 'ol mike.

We had a season a few years back, and the tree huggers found a way to block future seasons via a BS lawsuit that is tieing future seasons up in court.

That's why most guys up there SSS.

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I really feel for the people in WI, MN, and MI that have no recourse to deal with wolves. I would love to see the politicians making the decisions have to live with the wolves and deal with them.. If they had to live with the wolves and worry about their pets and kids, maybe things would change. Put an pack of wolves and some Grizzlies in Central Park NY.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Everyone that hunts, or lives there needs to shoot every wolf they see and just walk away, the feds don't care and the loses are hurting everyone.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jimy
Everyone that hunts, or lives there needs to shoot every wolf they see and just walk away, the feds don't care and the loses are hurting everyone.

From Sept 1 through deer gun opener for sure, there's DNR aircraft aloft every weekend in that very area. I wouldn't leave a spent shotgun hull on the ground up there let alone poach a wolf.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by jimy

From Sept 1 through deer gun opener for sure, there's DNR aircraft aloft every weekend in that very area. I wouldn't leave a spent shotgun hull on the ground up there let alone poach a wolf.

I've never seen the Feds ''not care'' about anything pertaining to '' us '' - just an opinion .

Hunting season isn't the time of year to try and save your livestock/investments , lots of woodchuck coyote hunting in the off season is .

I didn't realise the huge amount of problems the northern midwest was having - good luck .

Posted by Bristoe
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
That is just one small county, add in Roseu, Beltrami, Koochiching, Itasca and Beltrami countys and the numbers really add up.

Don't forget St. Louis and Lake. Tons of them that way.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Will Mn. ever get to hunt wolves or will they keep letting the gov't agents [ professionals ] do it ?

There was a 2-3 year period when the could be hunted. The feds closed it down. The state is run by no talent pussies that will block it for the most part. Not all of them, but some will stop at nothing.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Heck we're even seeing/hearing them down here, 3 - 4 hours SW of "wolf territory"

The population "estimates" are total bunk. Whatever they say the population is, you could probably double it and get in a more accurate range.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
The anti-hunter crowds mentality is/was don't kill animals because that is mean , wolf lovers seem capable of killing someone who would dare shoot a wolf .
The comments below many wolf hunting video's are way out there - - wolf lovers act like you shot their brother or sister when you shoot a wolf .

They are so far detached from the life of a farmer/rancher , clueless sitting in the city thinking pycho-hunters are out walking through the woods shooting anything anytime .

Last edited by ol_mike; 05/01/18.

Posted by Bristoe
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
From the vid:

69 wolves were trapped over 6 years on ONE farm.

Wow.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I just went to google earth Itasca county , MN. and went down some roads looking it's appears pretty thickly wooded and remote up there .
Beautiful looking place .

Trapping will always be the best answer but I'm sure Mn. liberals would have a heart attack at the thought of trapping wolves [non professionals trapping that is] .

Posted by Bristoe
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Happy Birthday Rooster7

Posted by Bristoe
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Happy Birthday Rooster7

Thank you Mike!

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I just went to google earth Itasca county , MN. and went down some roads looking it's appears pretty thickly wooded and remote up there .

Trapping will always be the best answer but I'm sure Mn. liberals would have a heart attack at the thought of trapping wolves [non professionals trapping that is] .

My in-laws cabin is not far from Itaska State Park and we spend a lot of time there in the summer. It is beautiful country.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Local sheriff's where wolves are a problem should declare their counties sanctuary counties for wolf shooters.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rooster7

My in-laws cabin is not far from Itaska State Park and we spend a lot of time there in the summer. It is beautiful country.

Does the Land of 10,000 Lakes have many mosquitos ??

Posted by Bristoe
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
L
Why have we not stocked wolf packs in nyc's Central Park, and parks in chicargo, san fran seattle and portland
Just wondering seems fair

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
LouisB,

Fwiw, NYC already has LOTS of EASTERN COYOTES, as does Seattle & Portland. - I wouldn't be shocked to find out that SF & Chicago have their ration, too.

Fwiw, Eastern Coyotes are MORE potentially dangerous to children than most wolves are.
(There has never been an attack on a live person in the USA by a healthy wolf, though a few fresh corpses have been eaten upon.)

Btw, we have video evidence that there is at least ONE large male Mountain Lion in downtown San Antonio. = He has been seen numerous times on bank surveillance cameras. - He hasn't bothered a single soul, to my knowledge.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Depends on the year. Wet springs usually mean you will be carried away by them in the summer around dusk. Dry springs and they are not too bad. It also depends on the which part of the state you're in. Swampy woodlands, of course, are always bad.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
To All,

Fwiw, even though I was stationed all over the place when I was on AD, I don't remember ANY city that had as many sorts of "livestock" as The Alamo City has. = The San Antonio Riverwalk seems to be "the highway" that brings large numbers/sorts of wildlife into/out of the central city.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks Rooster .

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
YOU KNOW, OUR FOREFATHERS ALMOST ERADICATED THOSE SOMBICTHES . And now the tree huggers brought them back.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've said it before,kill them and then DO NOT make any statements to anyone especially to authorities.That sheriff is not going to be investigating to find out who killed a wolf and most state game wardens I ever knew wouldn't be bothered by a dead wolf. Now the feds are a different story but there aren't many of them. If you just learn to say "I want to talk to a lawyer before I talk to you" then you are home free assuming you don't leave cartridge cases laying around and use bullets that pass through. Most folks I ever knew that got in trouble for something like this could not resist the temptation to handle the victim or worse give him a ride.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

About as many as FL. Only bigger.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Was on Mount Hood, today and saw numerous and large wolf tracks between 5000-6000' elevation. No sign of coyotes which infest the area. Mr. and Mrs Wolf must be dining well.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live 4 mikes from the MN border. There’s a large wildlife preserve across the border. We get wolves and Mt. lions here.
One was in my front yard looking at my English Pointer like he was at McDonalds and the dog was a Big Mac w/French fries. The Wolfe walking steadily towards the pooch. The dog was backed up to a tractor and was calling for me. I thought the dog’s tail might start a whirl wind when I took over the staring down the wolf position. That wolf was easily twice the height and length of my dog.

It used to be legal to shoot wolves in Eastern South Dakota. The [bleep] from the Twin Cities took SD to federal court and now it’s not ok to shoot em.

Friends from across the border tell me that the custom is to shoot them in the gut so that they run off before they die.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by satx78247

(There has never been an attack on a live person in the USA by a healthy wolf, though a few fresh corpses have been eaten upon.)

yours, tex

Actually, you might want to review that detail as the facts were established quite solidly to the contrary a few years back. No one wants or likes to believe that wolves can and will.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/art...led-southwest-alaska-teacher/2011/12/06/

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I've lived in MN my whole life less the last 2 months. Was in Duluth for nearly the last 20 years. It's to the point if you go driving the more remote roads in northern St. Louis, Lake, and Cook counties in the winter you WILL see wolves nearly every day. Not seeing them is the exception. Summer they're a little tougher to find. As far as the mosquitoes go, I'm sure not going to miss those. Barely tolerable in a dry year and there aren't many dry years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
MN shares the mosquito with Alaska for state bird.

The farther one lives from wolves, the more they like wolves. 2/3 of the people living in MN live in the Twin Cities metro area.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

Don't forget St. Louis and Lake. Tons of them that way.

We've got 'em down just north of Brainerd in numbers too. Some of the locals deal with it in their own quiet way.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ohhunter1
Local sheriff's where wolves are a problem should declare their counties sanctuary counties for wolf shooters.

I like this suggestion ! or do what Wisconsin wants to do: all DNR and all Wisconsin law enforcement are not to do anything when a wolf has been killed,just walk away,no investigation, no tickets, nothing.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good on the Sheriff and the department!

An area we hunt in the UP is my reference, fwiw.

Folks shooting at wolves and being aggressive toward them helps move wolves out of an area...or at the very least, maintain a much more cautious profile. When they have a uncontested access, they get an attitude and pass such on to the next generation.

Defend the Constitution
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by pete53

I like this suggestion ! or do what Wisconsin wants to do: all DNR and all Wisconsin law enforcement are not to do anything when a wolf has been killed,just walk away,no investigation, no tickets, nothing.

THAT would be excellent news.

The good folks of Bayfield and Douglas counties have already been making a fairly decent dent in the overpopulation of the woofs, despite the risks associated due to some poorly thought out "Laws" implemented by the tree hugging, leftist pricks. Taking off the cuffs will be a great leap forward to that end. smile

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Yep, I think the wolves need to be "managed" a little more myself. Between them and the cold winters, they have done a real number on Northern Minnesota Deer populations to say the least.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I can tell you this. That is NOT what's happening in WI.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by oulufinn

THAT would be excellent news.

The good folks of Bayfield and Douglas counties have already been making a fairly decent dent in the overpopulation of the woofs, despite the risks associated due to some poorly thought out "Laws" implemented by the tree hugging, leftist pricks. Taking off the cuffs will be a great leap forward to that end. smile

I hunt in Douglas Co. There are plenty of wolves. Don't fool yourself. I know and hunt with some guys that run dogs for bear in Douglass. They're seeing wolves nearly every day.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I agree, I see the sign and hear the same from lots of folks. There are still wolves everywhere there. I've hunted Western Bayfield and Eastern Douglas counties since 1974, and tagged along for a few years prior to that. The peak of the Wolf debacle seems to have been '09 through '15 or so. There is some improvement happening the last couple of years, and it is surely not due to any changes in the law enforcement aspect. It is due to good folks just "Getting it done" and maybe some natural dispersal, hopefully to Madison... There is a LOT more to be done, but it will take time to unfawk that which what has been fawked.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Next they can get rid of some bears... fawn eatin sumbitches they are!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Bears are getting thick too. They are being seen ALL the time now down here in "farm country."

They live in cornfields and just eat and eat and eat. Our neighbor gal from my hometown got a pic of roughly a 500 lb'er coming out of a corn field by town and standing on the gravel road in front of her. Big sumbish it was!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yeah them corn fed suckers get big. Like WI girls.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I double post about wolf stuff - the JD King video about wolves , I put this Indiana wolf attack in that thread too just in case some folks don't use the campfire politics fighting name calling area of the 'Fire smile .

Appears there are wolves - or were wolves in Indiana . I saw one eating on a big dead boar hog right here in the florida panhandle , they are being released everywhere IMO . Or they were never extinct in places where we're told they are .

Posted by Bristoe
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

Posted by Bristoe
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

Posted by Bristoe
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

Posted by Bristoe
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (007FJ, 204guy, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 53 invisible), 3,154 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,335
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.