Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JOG Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Is there a 'Wilson Combat' of the AR aftermarket parts world? Btw, Wilson Combat seems to like BCM for parts it doesn't make itself.

I'm left handed and looking for an ambi charging handle and ambi safety for a M&P-15. Using two fingers, if my left index finger applies force to the non-latch side of the charging handle first the latch sticks. It will unlatch with a 'snap' if I pull hard enough, but it seems an ambi is a better option. Using one finger isn't as smooth and I don't want to limit myself to that. The ambi safety is simply because the reaching the 'righty' is cumbersome.

BCM, Radian, and LWRC all offer the parts, but it's tough to tell the quality on the 'net. Money-no-object, which is the best?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JOG

BCM, Radian, and LWRC all offer the parts, but it's tough to tell the quality on the 'net. Money-no-object, which is the best?

Both BCM & Radian are very good & add Geiselle to the list.................I've had all 3, can't go wrong with an ambi unit from any of them; last 2 have been Radian just because I could get them cheaper at the time than the other two.

No direct experience with LWRC's charging handles.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Definitely look at BCM for the charging handle.

And I like BAD for safety levers. Regular on the strong side, short on the other.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, I like the BAD ambi-safety levers too, also the ones from Seekins.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like CMMG ambi safeties. The price is fair at around $30. I put them on all my AR's..

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I use Armaspec. They just look better and work great. I actually just bought one of their LPK lastnight. $54.95 from Joe Bob's. As far as charging handles, i like the raptors. However, the newest one I bought for my AR10 looks like its made better. Its a Griffin Armament SNACH. It works very well and is high quality. Also, ALL of my AR's have BAD levers on them. Even my AR10... All this extra chit, is just that to a right handed shooter, but for us southpaw's, it makes a noticable difference in ease of operation.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
JOG Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
After careful consideration I couldn't go with MontanaMan's or Bluedreaux's advice, so I ordered the BAD safety and the BCM charging handle. wink

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm left handed, too, and use the BCM ambi CH's.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JOG
A so I ordered the BAD safety

My only complaint on the BAD safeties is that they are machined with very sharp edges on the notches & pretty sharply pointed detente's & they can be a little heavy on the force needed to move them into & out of safe/fire; a little more than I really like.

So you might want to break the edges on the notches as well as the tip on the detente as well..........a slight lightening of the spring might even be necessary as a last resort, depending on you how stiff you like it to be.

MM

JOG Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I ordered the BCM charging handle first and since their ambi safety was still in my cart from earlier I just went ahead and bought that too.

Thanks for all the help, gents.

Robert Frost
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 47 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.