Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
For Sale: Remington M700 KS Mountain Rifle chambered in 270 Win, factory Brown Precision stock and original Walker Trigger.

The rifle is in excellent condition, one of the best I've seen. The jeweled bolt shows no wear. The bluing would rate at ~ 99% and the stock would rate at ~ 95% conservatively. The stock has no scratches, scrapes or hunting wear, only the "chips" that I have documented in the photos. The butt pad is in excellent condition and is not the type that turned gummy. Pressure points are still present and the stock has not been bedded, except for the factory bedding at the recoil lug.

I am only asking what I paid for the rifle and will send a receipt to serious buyers. The rifle is $1185 shipped to the lower 48, but I am willing to work with guys in AK on shipping. The rifle will ship in a new hard plastic case and I will include a set of NIB Talley one-piece rings/bases; 1" low, extended, matte finish.

Payment accepted: Personal & Business checks (funds will be verified), USPS Money Order, Certified Check or PayPal Family/Friends. The first publicly posted "I'll take it" followed by a PM with payment arrangements wins.

The price is firm, not interested in trades at this time.

The pictures speak for themselves, but if you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by StudDuck; 04/26/18.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Can someone brighter than I tell me why some of the pictures did not display; only the links are shown?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Can’t help on that front, but very nice!
Don’t see many 270s come up for sale.
Probably Remington’s best effort - in my eyes anyhow.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Can someone brighter than I tell me why some of the pictures did not display; only the links are shown?

The photos are showing up just fine on my iPhone

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Item is temporarily unavailable.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
That's an old one! Love the jeweled bolt as a few years later they left them all Parkerized. Sweet find for a righty.........tomato stake for a lefty. smile

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here's the scoop on the rifle. An observant, interested individual noticed the machining on the bolt face seemed to be askew; shame on me for not inspecting it. I compared it to two other M700s I have in my safe and he was correct.

I wasn't comfortable selling the rifle as-is, so the entire rifle is headed back to Remington for a new bolt or at least that's what I was told over the phone.

I will revive this thread when the rifle is returned and provide an update/documentation for the repairs.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know the thread is temporarily inactive but to answer your earlier question, the "?1" after the "jpg" is what is keeping your pictures from appearing. Remove that so .jpg is the last thing before the ending [/img] and they will show up.

https://i.imgur.com/IwDVg3H.jpg?1

[img]https://i.imgur.com/scw1Qrm.jpg?1[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/scw1Qrm.jpg?1[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/yGxLtvd.jpg?1[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/0NRRZQ8.jpg?1[/img]

This last one without the ?1:

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Jim.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by StudDuck
Here's the scoop on the rifle. An observant, interested individual noticed the machining on the bolt face seemed to be askew; shame on me for not inspecting it. I compared it to two other M700s I have in my safe and he was correct.

I wasn't comfortable selling the rifle as-is, so the entire rifle is headed back to Remington for a new bolt or at least that's what I was told over the phone.

I will revive this thread when the rifle is returned and provide an update/documentation for the repairs.

Just a thought, rather than absorbing the cost of return shipping to Remington & the extended wait, I'd send the bolt to Gre-Tan to get it bushed.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I appreciate the suggestion aalf.

For those that will, please check the thread below and provide me with your opinion.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...3/gonew/1/i-need-help-bolt-damage#UNREAD

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Looks like all the concern is over nothing.

This rifle is still for sale.

ETA: the rifle was manufactured January 1989 and weighs 6lb 3.8oz according to my scales.

Last edited by StudDuck; 04/28/18.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have had several of these rifles and they were some of the most accurate rifles I have ever owned.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Huntz
I have had several of these rifles and they were some of the most accurate rifles I have ever owned.

I’ve owned several at different times. And wonder now why I sold them. These along with the 40x are some of the best Remington ever made. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Bump. I've dealt with StudDuck before and he's good to go. Buy with confidence.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I've got two 700KS and two 7KS. They are all fantastic ways. Rems best efforts in my eyes.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,588 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.