These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Ponds and lakes mostly here in Oklahoma. Mostly largemouth bass and blue catfish. Lots of what we call perch, bluegill, all kinds of sunfish, warmouth, use them for catfish bait if the shad are scarce. Troll the lakes for walleye, saugeye, and sandbass. Fish both lakes and ponds for crappie when the time is right.

Fish streams and lakes every summer in Colorado for trout.

Have fished dozens of rivers and creeks in Alaska for salmon, char, rainbow trout, grayling, and whitefish. Lakes up there for lake trout and burbot as well as pike. Saltwater for salmon, lingcod, rockfish, and halibut along with shrimp and crabs. Caught scores of assorted whatsits in the salt while fishing for other stuff, lots of strange creatures live in the ocean.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
For fun and pleasure, the little spring fed Ozark creeks, usually for wild trout but will occasionally move to a bit warmer water for smallies. Only thing used is bamboo fly rods.

For eatin' fish, the neighbor's 5 acre lake for big bluegills and largemouth, again using nothing but a fly rod.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Utah is trout-obsessed. Most people fish for nothing else. I'm not most people. Perhaps it's my mid-US heritage, but I fish for crappie, large and smallmouth bass, catfish, yellow perch, bluegill -- and both stripers and wipers. All delicious white-fleshed fish.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
bass,crappie,bluegill,catfish, gar,pickerel,and gators in the lakes around here
mangrove snapper,trout,redfish,spanish mackerel in the gulf
retired women over 65 in the stores

IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Trout, smallmouth bass on occasion and salmon off the beach in season. All on a flyrod, though I am not opposed to using a spinning rod if the situation warrants it. My favourite is trout fishing off a decent sized stream, certainly a great way to spend an evening! Hooking a salmon of just about any size on a 6wt rod is a lot of fun too!

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Lakes, rivers, streams, ponds, and salt. Landlocked salmon, brook trout, lake trout, blueback trout, brown trout, whitefish, muskie, smallmouth bass, white perch, cod, pollack, mackerel

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
When i was a kid i fished the creek near my parents house. Mostly rock bass and once in a while a small mouth. When i got a car i fished the Erie barge canal. Same there. Rock bass and once in a while a pike.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Just that,.

Varies. I'm in SW Oregon. Quite a few options.

I used to focus on salmon (chinook) and steelhead in the coastal rivers. I don't fish for them that much anymore. I've fished for largemouth a little bit in some of the lower elevation impoundments.

My favorite, though, is trout, and my favorite places to fish for them are the high lakes and small streams draining them in the Cascade range. Often brushy and difficult to access. Typically ultralight spinning rods, 4 pound test, and size 1 & 2 panther martins, or very light fly gear, or even tenkara. The native fish are cutthroat and rainbow trout with a few streams having redband trout, a subspecies of rainbow. Long ago someone introduced eastern brook trout into the lakes which have raised hell with the native fish so we're encouraged to keep as many as we catch regardless of size. Hmmm ... it's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

Similar, where I can find them, lakes and streams in the high desert area of central / south-east Oregon.

I'm decidedly unmotivated by big fish. I like small waters and small fish away from crowds.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Truman Reservoir here in Mo.

Whatever I can catch but for eating i want Crappie, walleye, flathead or blue cats.

Caught this limit today. 10-12" fish. 15 for me and 15 for the old man

[Linked Image]

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Utah is trout-obsessed. Most people fish for nothing else. I'm not most people. Perhaps it's my mid-US heritage, but I fish for crappie, large and smallmouth bass, catfish, yellow perch, bluegill -- and both stripers and wipers. All delicious white-fleshed fish.

Colorado is much the same, I also like fishing for bass (small, large and white), catfish, crappie, yellow perch, walleye, wiper, bluegill and other pan fish and I like pursuing these with a fly rod but not exclusively (not a purist). When I do fish for trout it is mostly catch and release when I happen to be spending some time in the mountains.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mostly New River for smallmouth. Smith Mountain Lake for catfish & stripped bass.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Creeker
Mostly New River for smallmouth. Smith Mountain Lake for catfish & stripped bass.

Creeker,

How is the smallie fishing on the New River in Virginia?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lake Erie with my grandson..

[Linked Image]

He boxed out his first Walleye trip.

[Linked Image]

His first 10#er...

[Linked Image]

We get a lot of Perch too.

[Linked Image]

Old Fishermen never die, we just get reel tired.

May you build a ladder to the stars
and climb on every rung.
May you stay......Forever young
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I fish in Montana and I catch trout.

I vacation in Alberta and I catch pike.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Trout in streams with flyrod and Tiger muskies ,bass and perch in the local lake.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by BGunn
Lake Erie with my grandson..

[Linked Image]

He boxed out his first Walleye trip.

[Linked Image]

His first 10#er...

[Linked Image]

We get a lot of Perch too.

[Linked Image]

Thats a cooler full of yummy right there..........

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I mostly fish rivers for channel catfish. They are loaded in many rivers and under fished. I only eat them smoked. I also fish for walleye with limited success . My favorite though is smallmouth bass in smaller rivers. I also fish Lake Winnebago , a 138,000 ac. lake but mostly catch Whitebass and perch.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Trout, walleye, crappie, perch, large and smallmouth bass, catfish and pike. All in local streams, rivers, lakes and ponds.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
More of the same yesterday. Don't know if the spawn is about over in that part of the lake or if all of the people beating the banks had them turned off.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,536
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.