Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I can't imagine paying $2k for a gun from Less Baer and then pickering around with it.
That makes me nervous. I could wanting a different length trigger. But, if spending $2k,
I would have figured that out before I spent $$$.

Boatboy, I would use caution, the owner makes me wary.
I over think things, but he might be a tinkerer. I would hate
to see you drop that much coin on what should be a great gun,
and get a stepped on turd.

I have LB and don’t intend on making any changes. That being said almost anything made can be fine tuned.
I own a good number of S&W revolvers . Until this year had never removed the side plate on a single one. A friend of mine is a quite good pistol smith. I asked to show me how to clean and lube a revolver. With this he did , along with a lesson on how to improve the trigger. Am I a pistol smith. Not even close. But I think you might be surprised at the number of members of this forum tinker. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
GB1

B
boatboy Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Honestly the advice about someone who tinkers with a 2000.00 pistol is VERY thought provoking

It was also my first thought and I think its prudent advice

It does really raise a flag

I appreciate the comments/advice

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by boatboy
Honestly the advice about someone who tinkers with a 2000.00 pistol is VERY thought provoking

It was also my first thought and I think its prudent advice

It does really raise a flag

I appreciate the comments/advice

Hank

Could be just because he's young he changed the trigger and hammer out. I'd want to know if he did the work himself. If so, I'd walk. There's no need to change much of anything on a LB, unless it's something like it doesn't have night sights and you want those.
Then, it's going back to Les.

I have a Les Baer Premier II with the 1.5" guarantee. Actually, the little cardboard "target" is a good bit smaller than that. I'd like to take a few pointers from the guy that shot that group.

I've put about 500 rounds through it and it's still tighter as any "other" 1911 I've ever picked up and cycled.

When I got it I checked the safety several times to see if I was somehow engaging it. I couldn't get it open for a while and I don't consider myself weak. Les makes a good 1911.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
...But bought it from Les in 2017
He added a different trigger and hammer to make it diff
(To me that's chrome on a hog you wanted that but not adding value)
He has all the original stuff it has not been registered with Les…...
Hank

Just a word of caution Boatboy…….I've known Les since he was working out of his garage in Pennsylvania….Les is a friend of mine…….his guns are one of the best quality/price ratio guns that you can buy……know that Les does not tolerate anyone messing with his guns, even after they buy them!! After I retired the first time, I worked part time at a gunshop that was a Baer dealer. We had sold a gun to a young man that didn't like the trigger pull/reset/etc. and had replaced the sear and disconnector with parts that he'd bought on line. To no-one's surprise, except his……the hammer started to follow and he had a mess on his hands. He brought it back to us and asked us to call Les and ask him what to do about it as he didn't want to send it back and not have it for awhile. As my fellow employee explained the situation to Les on the phone and Les started yelling into the phone….."He replaced WHAT????? Buy that gun back from him I DON'T WANT HIM TO OWN ONE OF MY GUNS!!!" Therefore, as long as you get the original parts with the gun and the guy hasn't filed, welded, flitzed or permanently altered anything, you're ok----if so, all bets are off.

JMO-YMMV

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gmoats
...But bought it from Les in 2017
He added a different trigger and hammer to make it diff
(To me that's chrome on a hog you wanted that but not adding value)
He has all the original stuff it has not been registered with Les…...
Hank

Just a word of caution Boatboy…….I've known Les since he was working out of his garage in Pennsylvania….Les is a friend of mine…….his guns are one of the best quality/price ratio guns that you can buy……know that Les does not tolerate anyone messing with his guns, even after they buy them!! After I retired the first time, I worked part time at a gunshop that was a Baer dealer. We had sold a gun to a young man that didn't like the trigger pull/reset/etc. and had replaced the sear and disconnector with parts that he'd bought on line. To no-one's surprise, except his……the hammer started to follow and he had a mess on his hands. He brought it back to us and asked us to call Les and ask him what to do about it as he didn't want to send it back and not have it for awhile. As my fellow employee explained the situation to Les on the phone and Les started yelling into the phone….."He replaced WHAT????? Buy that gun back from him I DON'T WANT HIM TO OWN ONE OF MY GUNS!!!" Therefore, as long as you get the original parts with the gun and the guy hasn't filed, welded, flitzed or permanently altered anything, you're ok----if so, all bets are off.

JMO-YMMV

Well, did they buy the gun back from the guy? laugh

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,836
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.