Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Ed_T Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
E
It’s been interesting to see the degradation of Campfire as well as most all internet sites.
I’ve been here since 2004 and posted when I had something to contribute. I have always tried to be like my father raised me to be, respectful of others beliefs and that I most certainly don’t know it all. But, it seems that over the past several years there have come some members to Campfire that not only know more than I will ever know but more than anyone that has ever posted here.
I think that perhaps the time has come to just spend my time enjoying the outdoors and my wife and dogs and quit waistiing my time with any attempt to provide any positive input.
But again, I have only been around for some 60+ years so probably don’t have a whole *ell of a lot t contribute.

Ed T

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I hope you reconsider. I will miss your input.
Ed T
"Alfalfa sprouts come from alfalfa.
Radish sprouts come from radish's
Where do brussel sprouts come from?"

The real question is where does baby oil come from? wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Those of us who check in here to learn stuff know who's who. Hope you keep posting, your experience is appreciated.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Stick around Ed, the trolls come and go but like the two guys said above, real contributions will always be valued by those who come here to contribute.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Ed is correct. Having been on and off for 25 years the level of vicious actions by a VERY few members is increasing. . People who don't conform are insuletd, lied about and their banning engineered. One member who had serious heath issues was called a criminal, swindler and faked docouments ere posted to support this. Additionally his wife was called, on this site, a biker whore. Other have been threatened with beatings, killing of their animals, midnight visits and even death.

While it's not unique to the campfire, it is especially disturbing here.

As you would expect, all of these "tough guys" hide there identities behind "manly" screen names and intimimidating memes.

There are ways identify them if things become serious, but otherwise the best way is to stay here regardless. Act the adult and outside of their sychophants, most members will see them for what they are.

They can obstruct, call names, offer insults, make threats, but in the end they are just gutless wimp losers.

I will ALWAYS be here and there is not anything thing they can do about it.

I'm sure they would all like to be in this guys boots !

[Linked Image]

Last edited by JuniorJohnson; 05/13/18.

Hanging arould to make good deals with adults AND to drive old FO even crazier.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JuniorJohnson
Ed is correct. Having been on and off for 25 years the level of vicious actions by a VERY few members is increasing. . People who don't conform are insuletd, lied about and their banning engineered. One member who had serious heath issues was called a criminal, swindler and faked docouments ere posted to support this. Additionally his wife was called, on this site, a biker whore. Other have been threatened with beatings, killing of their animals, midnight visits and even death.

As you would expect, all of these "tough guys" hide there identities behind "manly" screen names and intimimidating memes.

There are ways identify them if things become serious, but otherwise the best way is to stay here regardless. Act the adult and outside of their sychophants, most members will see them for what they are.

They can obstruct, call names, offer insults, make threats, but in the end they are just gutless wimp losers.

I'm sure they would all like to be in this guys boots !

[Linked Image]

Safariman, “Boo!”

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
At least we still have Kellory.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ed, you are one of the good ones. You know what you know (and it is a LOT!) from field experience, and don't pretend to know what you don't. I have learned from you. Hang around and drop some of your wisdom and experience now and then, even if it is less frequent.

The backpack forum is the best part of 24Hour, but as you say, the whole site has degraded in the ratio of garbage to quality, trash talk to civility. But it has waxed and waned along these lines for the 18 years I've hung around. Part of the reason for decline is the repetition of topics that long timers don't want to go over again so don't post the good stuff they know.

I post less but so far I still hang around and skim read, in case something of interest pops, and to see what people I consider friends may post, even though I have not met most of them in person.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Ed T: I have been her since 2,003 and I have noticed "degradation also!
But I still find enough wisdom and first hand experiences and advice to make digging through this site worthwhile.
Best of luck to you whichever way you go.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Nothing has changed, the same was going on 10 years ago. I remember when I first discovered the CF and thought this place is crazy. However, I think many long timers have just grown weary of the same old battles.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Ed, it doesn't take long to learn who is worth listening to around here, please stay.

If we would all ignore the trolls perhaps they will seek gratification elsewhere.

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 05/13/18.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Ed_T, I'd prefer you stick around and continue to share your wisdom. But understand if you don't. It's been said that forewarned is forearmed. Ignore the pricks and know that the majority appreciate relevant exchanges without all the juvenile crip-crap some bring to the fire.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JuniorJohnsonLarry Douchebag Root!

Too funny! You're always good for a chuckle Root.
Swing that purse Larry!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
You can use the ignore button, or just skip over stuff you don't like.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Larry:

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Larry:

[Linked Image]

HAHAHAHAHA!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
geeze according to the azzhats who are ruining this site (look at their BIG post count !) I am everyone but Maxine Waters !

Folks like Ed and the other adults will notice a pattern of behavior:

1. Attack somebody with nothing other than slander and name calling.
2. Post memes altered to fit their predjudices.
3. Pile on like third graders in a playground fight.
4. Never have the balls to own up to who they really are.
5. Don't follow up on their threats with anything beyond being a keyboard warrior.
6. Avoid any chance to actually meet the "insultee" FTF.

If I missed any salient points feel free to chime in.

;

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can create a slew of usernames and pretend to be your wife, your dog, or your mouth breathing friend with the "blinker", or anyone else.... but you obviously can't hide. You stick out like a sore thumb. And you'll always be a pariah.

It's rather bizarre that you feel entitled to return here again and again under yet another screen name, after having how many banned? Literally dozens. 100+

Yet, I notice on your various auction sites (Gunbroker/Gunsamerica) you like to add to your auction descriptions how many people you've banned from bidding on your auctions as you feel slighted as they didn't bid enough in your estimation.

Double standards apparently...

Rather pathetic, but your antics and paranoid delusional rants add to the humor and entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hope you make good on your threat and come out to Fredericksburg this summer. Rather looking forward to it. Seeing an old never was "bat sheit crazy" fluffer first hand should be entertaining if nothing else. Be sure and wear your red dress, but go easy on the purse swinging! chuckle

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
"It's rather bizarre that you feel entitled to return here again and again under yet another screen name, after having how many banned? Literally dozens. 100+"

I only do it because it drives you Batsheit and I know you are too yellow to do anything beyond hiding behind your keyboard wearing your monkey suit.

Figure about a dozen azzhats who were big talkers are no longer around to make their empty threats. Funny how Karma works is it not ?

Last edited by JuniorJohnson; 05/13/18.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Larry are you crazy is that your problem?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 50 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,550
Posts18,453,577
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.