Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JuniorJohnson
I only do it because it drives you Batsheit and I know you are too yellow to do anything beyond hiding behind your keyboard wearing your monkey suit.

Figure about a dozen azzhats who were big talkers are no longer around to make their empty threats. Funny how Karma works is it not ?

Only one whom is driven batsheit is you! You're little rants are epic and quite humorous! Always a riot to spool you up like a top and watch you falter about.

Only one "hiding" is you Larry. I've been here all this time under the one screen name with no restrictions on my postings. You on the other hand.... how many screen names have you created and had banned or merged with your oldman account? In excess of 100. Interesting and quite funny (yet pathetic) how more often than not, when outed, you claim not to be yourself.

Even going so far as to pretend to be your wife.... too funny! crazy

No Larry, I hope and encourage you to return time and time again under yet another screen name. Pure entertainment and shows just how hypocritical, pathetic, arrogant, and demented you truly are.

Constantly pointing out your newest screen name; watching you first pretend to be someone else...and finally spool up like a top, and then crash; only to create another screen name hoping to fly under the radar. Always humorous.

Carry on Larry.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The input here is just not what it used to be......unless you want to discuss Creedmoors more.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Larry should just use numbers for his user name

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
EdT, you need to stick around! I have one of your stoves that’s been elk/mule deer hunting at least 8 seasons. Getting close to time for a new one! Just ignore the idiots. Though there are many, it’s easy to know who they are and simply ignore them.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Reloder28
The input here is just not what it used to be......unless you want to discuss Creedmoors more.

The input here on the backpacking forum is just fine.

The inmates on the other hand are out of control.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ed - as others have said, those of us who even been here a while, I date back to 2003, know who's who. I wish we could do something about the trolls. My best strategy is to ignore them. Not very satisfying but I gain more insight at the Campfire than effort it takes wading through the trolls. I've gone to reaching out directly to people with knowledge. That methid doesn't benefit everyone else but I choose not to deal with idiots if it can be avoided.

Long winded way of saying - stick around, ignore the crap. Most of us value your input and products.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Too bad the banned that keep reappearing aren't immediately rebanned when they are found out. More websites should have a small panel of good upstanding members that could vote to keep or remove certain users that are constant trouble.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It's ironic that this clown and his pursuers chose this thread to make an appearance, given the subject.

Give it a rest fellas.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Back to the initial post topic. It's ironic that I was feeling nostalgic and searching the archives for post by the old timers like Dober, BobinNH ect. There was better content then and I could enjoy reading topics I didn't really even care about. The quality of posts/posters has diminished, but there a still good folks here.

I read much more than post and do a lot of skimming too. Usually a hour or so once or twice a week is good. I can separate the chaff from the wheat but a lot of younger folks may not have the experience to have that discernment. That's what is most sad.

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One needs to go window shopping. Only open those threads that are of interest. Leave all of the others on the shelf untouched.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Owl
One needs to go window shopping. Only open those threads that are of interest. Leave all of the others on the shelf untouched.

Solid advice here, it's much better out if you stay out of the campfire subforum as well.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Reloder28

The input here on the backpacking forum is just fine.

The inmates on the other hand are out of control.

laugh

That's funny right there.

I actually meant the entire forum. I only recently ventured into the backpacking forum, found it quite refreshing & I agree.

Last edited by Reloder28; 05/15/18.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Ed,

I rather value your contributions and knowledge. You are one of the guys who doesn't post very often but when you do you educate and bring your perspective. You don't beat on your chest or act like a troll. You are welcome at my campfire any time.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Ed,

I would prefer if you stuck around. You have good info to offer. Just skip over those you don't enjoy.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ed has always been a great member.

POS like Root OTOH demand being ignored.

Thats about the best I can offer.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Ed, always enjoy your input here, and enjoyed your presentation at Capital Sports a few years back.

There are a few jerkoffs here, like everywhere in life. Hell, I like to let my inner fuqqtard come out to play now and then too. The internet does accommodate that sort of thing.

Hope you stick around.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Hell, I like to let my inner fuqqtard come out to play now and then too. The internet does accommodate that sort of thing.

Hope you stick around.

The true spirit of the campfire, well put.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Ed,

I would prefer if you stuck around. You have good info to offer. Just skip over those you don't enjoy.

Yep you’re one of the really good guys here I pay close attention to. Hope ya stay and tell the chumps to go south for the winter...

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I have to say I have never hunted out west or any big game other than whitetails, hogs and some alligators. I dream of one day heading west in search of a mulie or elk. I enjoy reading ya'lls experiences and advice. There are always internet bad @$$'s out their and its quick to see these types and they get the ignore list. I'm on a few duck forums and you always see the holier than thou folks who preach conservations and want you to stick to the limits etc and then go shoot lead, over the limit, whatever. Total hippocrites. I take the good with the bad. I don't post here much other than a little reloading stuff from time to time as I'm still learning. Ya'll good ones keep on keeping on. If you don't pass on the knowledge, us young'uns wont know how to do it the "right" way

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The amount of meaningful info on the backpack hunting forum has decreased significantly. Nothing wrong with new guys figuring stuff out--that's awesome--but that (along with very tangential info to actual backpacking) is about 95% of the content now, as opposed to a nice mix of trip reports from all seasons, gear reviews with perspective, and new guys figuring stuff out. If I want to check in on the latest tools of the trade I go to BackpackingLight and blogs that I respect; it's just not here. The process is fairly circular and not a problem really, just a reality.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1337Fungi, 1minute, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,374 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,320
Posts18,468,439
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.