Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
BC30cal Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Fellow Canucks and 'Fire folks interested in Canadian politics;
Good evening to you all, I hope that spring is at least thinking about arriving in all your respective areas of this broad nation.

We - my good wife and I - just returned from hearing Andrew Scheer give a short speech in Oliver at an event hosted by the local fish, game and gun club.

Overall I'd say he's a pretty fair speaker and appears to be able to think on his feet and articulate his thoughts in a much more coherent fashion than Mr. Dressup.

While my better half commented that he might have over done the personal jibes at JT, I would say that I highly doubt the current PM would ever be seen at a meeting put on by a gun club, you know?

Time will tell and for sure he was speaking to the choir tonight, but overall I'm cautiously optimistic on the young man.

Anyway folks, just one guy's thoughts on the matter and nothing more. All the best to you all as we head into spring.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I sure hope the CPC get elected in 2019.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I like what he has to say. I have only seen/heard him on TV but he impresses me. Holds his own during Question Period
and asks the tough questions. Good on him.
It helps that he is a Westerner, hunter/gun owner who seems to be pretty much a normal family guy.
His platform is pretty solid too.

I really hope he is the next PM, with a Majority Govt! I believe he can clean up the mess that will be left by numbnuts although,
the cleanup won't be easy.
Jeff

BC30cal Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jeff;
Good evening to you sir, it's always nice to hear from you and I hope this finds you and yours well.

He grew up in Ottawa - very blue collar roots - worked his way through college and then came west. There's a distinct lack of trust fund background for sure Jeff.

One of the terms he used was "Intergenerational theft" in describing how Mr. Dressup's taxes will be paid by our children and grandchildren - which to me is indeed theft and thus a crime.

Here's hoping that folks who became "switched on" in the last election remain that way and begin to pay attention to who is answering the hard questions.

All the best to you and your fine family as we head into spring.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Jeff;
Good evening to you sir, it's always nice to hear from you and I hope this finds you and yours well.

He grew up in Ottawa - very blue collar roots - worked his way through college and then came west. There's a distinct lack of trust fund background for sure Jeff.

One of the terms he used was "Intergenerational theft" in describing how Mr. Dressup's taxes will be paid by our children and grandchildren - which to me is indeed theft and thus a crime.

Here's hoping that folks who became "switched on" in the last election remain that way and begin to pay attention to who is answering the hard questions.

Dwayne

Well Dwayne, it certainly isn't Mr Dressup answering the hard questions. Anytime he gets off script, or into areas he is unprepared for, he turns into a bumbling idiot. I've never seen a Prime Minister use so many umms, errs, fits and starts as the substitute drama teacher. He will often go on a rambling circular monolouge which in the end doesn't answer the question. My MP says that one question period the conservatives asked JT the same question 18 times without him answering the question. Question period ended and JT couldn't get put of there fast enough. He wasn't out of the chamber and he was yelling and berating his aids for not preparing him properly.

The most passionate I have seen him on any topic is when Gord Downie from the Tragically Hip died. It was no secret he was sick, it took a year for the brain cancer to kill him, but the PM was inconsolable. He is a very shallow man.

He and the finance minister are dragging the Liberals down. Yay! I just hope they stay down until the election.

Now where can I buy a hat that reads, " Make Trudeau a substitute drama teacher again!".......

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Jeff;

Dwayne

Good evening Dwayne,

Good to hear from you as well. I haven't been posting much of late, busy lifestyle with work and grandkids etc.
We bought our first RV in January, can't wait to get in a road/fishing trip in May.
It is safe to assume you and your family are ready for Spring? With all the rain and snow you have received in BC, the fishing should be great.

Thanks for that bit of background. A bit I knew but not much, just that he is a good guy coming from pretty normal roots.
He is quite passionate in his delivery yet at the same time comes across like one of us. In reality.
Granted, he must have some money as it does seem to be a requirement to get into politics. But, definitely not a trust fund baby.

With his leadership I believe we can win the next election and rebuild Canada. It will be a challenge, one that yes, I am afraid our children's/grand children's future will still be
haunted by.

Have a great weekend
Jeff

H
H
With a trillion in debt, whats not to like with the current government? Don't e so hard on ol Trudeau, pretty sure he just found out budgets don't balance themselves.

If Scheer spoke at a gun club, that's good enough for me,

Lets just hope his closet is squeaky clean. Doesn't seem to matter though, they'll just make something up like in the case of Patrick Brown. The media was judge, jury and executioner.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
He does seem to have what it takes to realize the opportunity he has to keep JT backpedaling. I like the way he setup JT the other day in question period, he setup the play, had another person do the lead-in, then had Poliviere slam him. It was fun to watch happen. JT was sweating to keep up at first, he did not know what the play was, and wasn't ready for it. Even some of the LIbs cheered Poliviere.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw the question period where Scheer really knocked this PM down, made him look like a real moron that he actually is. LOL
I'd vote for him no doubt.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 204guy, 10ring1, 61 invisible), 2,304 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,018
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.