Print Thread
Hop To
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Anybody have a newer one? What do you think?

I have a 2017 can-am that's probably going up the road.

I've had Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and now Can-Am. I still have a 2001 Honda Foreman 450. I'm looking for something a bit more "sporty" with IRS and power steering. Doesn't have to be a twin cylinder but would be nice.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I gots a 14, king quad.. No problems so far. Wish i would of gotten power steering,maybe next time.

Only thing i dont like is when engine is in idle for awhile, fan kicks in all the time. Don't think it's a bad thing.

Just little annoying at times...

For as much as i use it, which is not much.Was happy for what i paid. Could'nt justify Honda or Can-Am prices.

I'd buy another one..

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Can am was one of the cheaper ones I looked at. I now can very much justify the cost of a Honda since I’ve had 3 things fixed on warranty and now it has been in the shop for a safety recall on the power steering.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had an 09 750 and I can tell you that after years of being a Honda Foreman fan it was an insane upgrade. The ride was so much better than the solid rear axle Foreman’s. I had some bad ass mud tires on mine and I reclutched it and that thing would go places it shouldn’t have. The power was awesome when I needed it. I remember one very wet spring we went out to set up bear baits and everybody was getting stuck every 50 ft of the trail, I ended up hauling all the bait and pulling everyone through the holes. Really miss that bike!

Suzuki

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by tzone
Can am was one of the cheaper ones I looked at. I now can very much justify the cost of a Honda since I’ve had 3 things fixed on warranty and now it has been in the shop for a safety recall on the power steering.

I looked up St.Boni motorsports Can am was like 10k and up. Cities Edge motorsports, has King quad no power steering for like 7800..

Or did you mean cheaper, like cheaply made?

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a 2013 KQ 750. It has about 4000 miles on it now. I really like this machine. I use it a fair amount in the winter plowing snow, and cruising logging roads and trails in the summer. I cannot imagine needing/wanting a different ATV. My wife and I usually ride tandem. Very comfortable. Whatever you decide on make sure you buy power steering. What a game changer.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by noduck

I looked up St.Boni motorsports Can am was like 10k and up. Cities Edge motorsports, has King quad no power steering for like 7800..

Or did you mean cheaper, like cheaply made?

No dude, I bought mine for $5900. Tousley Motorsports. It's a 17 and I bought it in the fall. They were making room for the 18's.

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by MHWASH
I have a 2013 KQ 750. It has about 4000 miles on it now. I really like this machine. I use it a fair amount in the winter plowing snow, and cruising logging roads and trails in the summer. I cannot imagine needing/wanting a different ATV. My wife and I usually ride tandem. Very comfortable. Whatever you decide on make sure you buy power steering. What a game changer.

Oh yeah. I'll never buy one again without power steering. My Can-Am has it and it's a world of difference.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a black 07 450 King Quad, bought it new and got years of use out of it. The only issue I had was a starter problem. I talked with the dealership which sells Honda, Suzuki and Can Am and they said the Suzukis were for the most part bullet proof and of their 3 lines the Suzi's back to the shop the least often. I had mine in the shop getting the new starter and made the mistake of looking out at the showroom. I sat on a few Hondas and a couple of Can Ams and then came to the Suzuki isle. There was a brand new 2018 750 King Quad AXI with power steering sitting there in camo just wanting someone to take it home. They wheeled it out to the yard and I tried it out. The power steering was awesome and the rider position was more comfortable with higher handlebars due to the power seering. The 450 had more than enough power and this new one is a beast. They gave me a great trade in and knocked a grand off the new one, even threw in a power winch. I can't wait for ice fishing which is where it gets daily use.

living the good life every day
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
No duck, you can add power steering with a kit from eBay.........

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatever you decide on make sure you buy power steering. What a game changer.

Interesting comment. I'm in the market for an ATV. Focusing on the Polaris Sportsman 450 or 570 right now. EPS is an $800-900 option. Until now I hadn't really given it much consideration. Primary use for the ATV will be around the property, plowing snow and a little recreation.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Interesting comment. I'm in the market for an ATV. Focusing on the Polaris Sportsman 450 or 570 right now. EPS is an $800-900 option. Until now I hadn't really given it much consideration. Primary use for the ATV will be around the property, plowing snow and a little recreation.

I will never again buy one without power steering. Won't even consider it. It really is that big of a deal. If you're plowing snow and using it slow around your property, that's where the PS will really shine.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I will never again buy one without power steering. Won't even consider it. It really is that big of a deal. If you're plowing snow and using it slow around your property, that's where the PS will really shine.

Thanks TZone

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

The test ride alone in the asphalt parking lot should be enough to convince you. PS also takes out a lot of the handle bar jerk if you bump into tree roots, rocks, etc while riding.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep. PS is a the cat jammies.

The test ride alone in the asphalt parking lot should be enough to convince you. PS also takes out a lot of the handle bar jerk if you bump into tree roots, rocks, etc while riding.

Yes, again.

Snagged a used 2104 Polaris 550XP with power steering, today. Gotta heck of deal on it from a private party, 10 miles from home. One owner (adult female), 62 hrs, 985 miles, dealer service records included that pretty much verify these numbers. Front and rear brush guard, front and rear A-Arm guards, shock covers, and heated grips, for over $1K less than a base 2018 Sportsman 450. I'm happy.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (12344mag, 163bc, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,031 guests, and 1,121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,195
Posts18,465,879
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.