Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Curious how long do you think you should post your ad in the Classified Section on 24 HCF before dropping your price or pulling it.

It seems like new posts receive a lot of attention when they are 1st posted but soon most lose interest.

Then you see the seller continue to repost the ad (TTT). It is not uncommon to see some sellers post 20+ TTT and/or drop their price up to 20% or more

When would you pull your WTS post ?

How much would you drop your price before finally pulling it?

Last edited by andrews1958; 05/19/18.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’ve found that if it doesn’t sell in the first 2 days, you either need to pull it or drop the price to your bottom dollar.

For a quick sale, list it at your bottom dollar price. If it doesn’t sell in a day, go to Plan B (stick it back in safe).

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That guy is never going to sell that Ruger No. 1 is he?

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
As the answer to most questions it depends. If you're trying to sell 348 Win brass it take weeks before someone needing it finds your ad. If your 223 brass isn't generating interest in a few days It's time to reconsider.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by andrews1958
Curious how long do you think you should post your ad in the Classified Section on 24 HCF before dropping your price or pulling it.

It seems like new posts receive a lot of attention when they are 1st posted but soon most lose interest.

Then you see the seller continue to repost the ad (TTT). It is not uncommon to see some sellers post 20+ TTT and/or drop their price up to 20% or more

When would you pull your WTS post ?

How much would you drop your price before finally pulling it?

Free country, their choice. What does it matter?
You can't pull your post, it just fades away unless you refresh it.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I do my adds on AR as there is a class for firearms and another for accessories.....also they stay on page 1 for a much longer time.....and I have good results selling items there because of that. I gave up on the 24 hour classifieds a long time ago.....seems they just move from the front page too quick.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
If it doesn’t sell for your bottom dollar, relist it later.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by vapodog
I do my adds on AR as there is a class for firearms and another for accessories.....also they stay on page 1 for a much longer time.....and I have good results selling items there because of that. I gave up on the 24 hour classifieds a long time ago.....seems they just move from the front page too quick.

Same here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
ttt

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Some people run them forever. A week is long enough.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Everyone is looking for a bargen...most stuff is to high...most members have plenty of guns and scopes and such..needs to be a steel mostly to sell very fast...but it need time to find the right buyer...not everyone surfs the classified everyday...I do a times when I'm looking for something specifict..I have found some great values in the classified and sold some stuff reasonable enough it didn't need a price drop...I advertised some 284 brass in factory boxes...sold in 3 minutes..

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
It’s a great place to sell things. I’ve sold a lot of stuff that I would never have sold anywhere else. My junk has value to others apparently. I’ve bought some good things too, never been ripped off.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I laugh at the guy selling the Mountain Lion mount every time he bumps it up... I can't see ANYONE to pay big bucks for an old mount that they did not even shoot...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by vapodog

I got away from the 24 Campfire classifieds because by the time I had dropped an item low enough that someone took it, that's just what they did...TOOK it. In my experience I had to either start with the equivalent of a "low-ball" offer or drop my asking price several times to the point I was asking for 60 cents on the dollar for "like new" scopes or guns. One handgun I tried to sell, a Gary Reeder travesty, didn't attract any buyers, and rightfully so. THAT was an expensive lesson for me. But other quality items I've placed in the classifieds in the past I either withdrew them and sold them elsewhere, or I dropped the price until I was selling my gear for 60 cents on the dollar. I'd rather jam it in the dirt in my wife's flower garden as an ornament than give a piece of gear away. We have the greatest and largest collection of sportsmen/hunters/shooters on the 24 Hour Campfire, much better than any other site on the Internet, and they are all (with a couple of exceptions) very knowledgeable, extremely helpful, patient and friendly when asked for advice. However, most squeeze their pennies until they scream. laugh

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yup! What he said.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Stuff that is priced competitively usually sells quite quickly.
Everything else sits.

Capitalism is a simple and efficient system. Enjoy it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Competitively being 50 to 60 cents on the dollar. I have had the same experiences - custom rifles don’t sell quickly anymore.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Competitively being 50 to 60 cents on the dollar. I have had the same experiences - custom rifles don’t sell quickly anymore.

Is that because cheaper rifles now offer similar accuracy at a fraction of the price?

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
- custom rifles don’t sell quickly anymore.

I see some really nice rifles on here. BUT, what floats your boat in a custom, may not float mine. That is the difficulty with customs. Why pay $2500 for a custom rifle when you could build one yourself, to suit your tastes and desires, and possibly build it for less money.

Just like building a hot rod car. You buy a donor Corvette for $10k. Do a frame of restoration for $40k, Then a $20k paint job, another $10k for the interior. $3k for the stereo.. Oh, and then there is the $25k for the engine, and $8k for the transmission. And then tires, wheels, exhaust...

By the time you're done you've dropped $100k into the car. and what's it worth ? $60k.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I never made a case for recovering money that went to customizing a firearm. A used 1911 that has been tuned so well it almost shoots itself is worth the price of a box stock used 1911...unless you get lucky and find a guy who wants those exact accurizing changes you paid for and is willing to pay for them. I never even tried to sell a customized firearm. I would never get back what I put in to it. That's just the way it goes. I was referring to factory original, barely used safe-queen rated gear, that folks on here are not willing to pay 75% or even 70% of the price I bought it for. I got tired of giving my gear away. So, I pretty much stopped selling anything and if I need to fund a new toy, I just take a little longer and build my slush fund back up until I can pay cash and not have to sell any of my other gear.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,093
Posts18,464,084
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.