-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my partner didn't draw but I did. Is the draw over for elk or does he still have a chance?

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Three of us drew unit 76 archery. Can't wait.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did not draw my GMU 063 deer archery with 2 preference points. I thought it would be a gimme. As I recall, last year everyone with 2 preference points and some with 1 got picked. Quota must have went down or a lot more people applied. Have to wait and see statistics.Tom

Last edited by TomA; 06/05/18.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
When you see the stats of the number of applicants this year because of not having to pay for the entire license fee,you are going to choke. I think the days of drawing with 0 or 1 point are gone

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by GregW
Nice bud - BH 209 and Barnes!

No Barnes in CO.... full bore only. She’s killed does the past two seasons with PowerBelts, they seem to run well in front of BH209 in the TC Triumph.

Daughter and I will have MZ buck tags during that season/unit too.... something is getting a .50 cal hole in it.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
seems like a lot more out of state guys Drew with 0 pts this year than in state guys....

At 10x the money per tag.... that smells a little fishy...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I drew a third combined Unit 12 buck tag.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by GregW
Nice bud - BH 209 and Barnes!

No Barnes in CO.... full bore only. She’s killed does the past two seasons with PowerBelts, they seem to run well in front of BH209 in the TC Triumph.

Daughter and I will have MZ buck tags during that season/unit too.... something is getting a .50 cal hole in it.

Copy...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No deer tags for me and the boy, maybe we’ll get another shot on the leftover draw.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The whole famdamily drew MZ tags.... bulls for the wife and I, cows for the kids. I guess I better start shopping for a couple more smokepoles.

That’s very cool and a lot of work for the Doggy! CO, is like OR..No Sabots..No breach load; all muzzle stuff’n. No scopes, Aimpoint, Red dots...Just open sights...Once you acquire 7 smokepoles, you gotta hang some pictures of your fun, playing with your dragon poles...You dropping the Ninja gear for skins and a possum hat? Chop, chop, Dog, you got a lot to do...including buying another freezer...Good problem to have...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by saddlesore
When you see the stats of the number of applicants this year because of not having to pay for the entire license fee,you are going to choke. I think the days of drawing with 0 or 1 point are gone

That’s what I was worried about. I was trying for a 1st season bull tag as a second choice as a non-resident. Once I saw the application numbers I was worried! But I got it. Four in-state family members got the same tag with 0 points. I was surprised. Really going to have to pay close attention to my draw strategy next year though. I can’t imagine historical draw odds will mean much. Probably add some states just to ensure one good elk hunt.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
1st rifle EE for me.....lets hope it gets wet in Colorado soon.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Their email notification system sent me nine identical emails telling me I am eligible for the leftover deer and elk drawings even though I drew my first choice elk tag.

I'm honored to be part of the live beta test.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Their email notification system sent me nine identical emails telling me I am eligible for the leftover deer and elk drawings even though I drew my first choice elk tag.

I'm honored to be part of the live beta test.

It sounds like you are being highly recruited. Maybe they will give you a full ride scholarship grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I got another email yesterday apologizing for the multiple emails and confusion.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Beaver10
The whole famdamily drew MZ tags.... bulls for the wife and I, cows for the kids. I guess I better start shopping for a couple more smokepoles.

That’s very cool and a lot of work for the Doggy! CO, is like OR..No Sabots..No breach load; all muzzle stuff’n. No scopes, Aimpoint, Red dots...Just open sights...Once you acquire 7 smokepoles, you gotta hang some pictures of your fun, playing with your dragon poles...You dropping the Ninja gear for skins and a possum hat? Chop, chop, Dog, you got a lot to do...including buying another freezer...Good problem to have...😎

Just the oldest two can hunt.... so I only really need two more. I handed a TC Impact to my daughter a couple weeks ago when we were in Sportsman’s.... she looked at it and asked me “what’s this for?”. I said she was gozing to need her own Muzzleloader this season. Her reply: “I have a Muzzleloader.... you need a new one.” She’s killed a couple deer with my TC Triumph, and laid claim to it... can’t blame the girl, she knows the good schitt.

Girl and I also drew MZ buck tags to go along with the elks... and my wife drew a 4th Season buck tag to boot. My brother and a couple buddies are flying in to hunt 3rd season bucks, and another pard drew 2nd Season Bull and Buck tags. It’s shaping up to be a busy couple months in the fall... and the antelope draw results haven’t been released yet.

There’s already two freezers in the garage.... I may need to pony up for a third.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Boy, my luck this year was all bad...i stuck out on all tags. Looks like bow hunting for elk or see about leftover tags.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just got the email. I drew the 105 antelope tag, too.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I got my pronghorn tag too, unit 3.

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
You are going to do great in Unit 3. I had the best hunt experience in that unit.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose.
It was written to limit the power of government over the individual
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

343 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 303savage, 41 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,133
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.