Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Went to an event with my son today in order to hopefully get a little practice with my new Sony A7 III and came back a whole bunch of crappy pics/missed opportunities. I will need some serious tutorials/tips so if anyone has a link(s) to useful articles/videos, PLEASE share!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB2

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Nobody else shooting Sony?? I feel like the canary in the coal mine!

Talked to Cameraland today and Jeff had me do a factory reset which got the auto-focus going. Not sure what I could've done to turn that off but at least it's a start. Did a little shooting today and getting some good pics depending on the setting. I'm still missing a lot of pics.....hopefully just a learning curve and not an issue with the camera itself......

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Sorry, as much as I would enjoy adding my opinion, I shoot with Nikon and do not have anything of value to add.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think one of the worst thing's you can do is try to learn everything your camera does! I really doubt the people at the manufacturer's even know what all they do. You do that and your gonna get an information overload!

BTW, I suspect every camera does pretty much the same thing's but they do it a bit different way. I haven't a clue what all my camera does. But pretty much figured out what I need to do to get what I want.

Last edited by DonFischer; 05/01/18.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Feel free to reach out to Jeff as often as you need. He used to be a Sony tech rep before he came to us.
Don't feel lonely. This is week 15 in a row that Sony has #1 market share for full frame interchangeable lens cameras, yes #1.
We have received more Canon, Nikon and Olympus cameras and lenses in trade in the last 3 months then the last 2 years. Everyone is going Sony. Even their A6500 crop sensor is by far the best selling in its category

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000
[email protected]
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’m shooting Fuji, but good luck!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am quite confused now. I have looked everywhere for the news about Sony dominating the market share, and all I get is Canon:
https://www.dpreview.com/news/09666...-dominates-dslrs-tops-sony-in-mirrorless

https://nikonrumors.com/2018/01/16/...re-in-japan-cameras-up-lenses-down.aspx/

Last edited by Ray; 05/02/18.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The NPD Group, they monitor camera sales in the USA announced months ago and now it is 15 weeks in a row, that Sony is #1 for full frame and 2nd in overall

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000
[email protected]
Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CameraLand
The NPD Group, they monitor camera sales in the USA announced months ago and now it is 15 weeks in a row, that Sony is #1 for full frame and 2nd in overall

All the news about market share I could find on the Internet still points to Canon holding the greatest global market share, and Nikon second. However, Sony has the best FF sensors on the market, and these sensors put Sony's mirrorless camera up front ahead of the rest, but not the highest market share of digital cameras.

Last edited by Ray; 05/03/18.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Any issues with the speed of the AF? I see that comment on some of the reviews.

IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agree on the features and learning curves. Just hit the books on the features one needs like maybe forcing over or under exposures and affecting shutter speeds. Maybe print up a small cheat sheet on the routes followed to bring them up.

Being ham handed, it's quite easy to affect undesirable changes by simply picking up a camera covered with buttons and wheels. Don't use a Sony here, but regardless of brand, many of the features are of little use in the field. Mostly stuff that one might employ in studio, still life, and landscape shots where one has plenty of time. Good luck and put up some stuff.

1Minute
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't own a Sony because of the lack of manual controls like my Fuji xt2(more like my old school Nikon FE)..BUTTT..if I did have your camera I would follow this guys advice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDMDuVXIrU and take the time to program the custom buttons to settings you are familiar with on your Canon. Then you only have to pick between a few buttons to get to where you want rather than running through the menus every time you need to switch from indoor to outdoor to sports to landscape. etc I would still write down all your settings for each C1,C2,C3 button etc. on a cheat sheet as mentioned above just in case the camera resets to default settings if a battery runs out, or....

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by SBTCO
I don't own a Sony because of the lack of manual controls like my Fuji xt2(more like my old school Nikon FE)..BUTTT..if I did have your camera I would follow this guys advice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDMDuVXIrU and take the time to program the custom buttons to settings you are familiar with on your Canon. Then you only have to pick between a few buttons to get to where you want rather than running through the menus every time you need to switch from indoor to outdoor to sports to landscape. etc I would still write down all your settings for each C1,C2,C3 button etc. on a cheat sheet as mentioned above just in case the camera resets to default settings if a battery runs out, or....

Thank you! I'll check that out....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
368 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.