Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Except for a brief 10-100, I was on the water for 6 1/2 hours today. The seat set up in my recent kayak purchase gave me unprecedented back and leg comfort.

The 10' Perception Prodigy has the "Zone DLX" seating whereby the back is adjustable up/down and forward/back. The bottom seat adjusts to move your legs up/down. In addition, there are thigh pads and adjustable foot rests.

Some great creature comforts here.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The older we get the more we learn to appreciate such things. wink

Catch any fish?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Never wet a line.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Looks good.

Local Walmart here has something similar on sale for $279(?). I felt like pulling the trigger but passed.

Look like alotta fun.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Heading out tomorrow to spend some time on a lake on a 12' Wilderness Tapon.

Relaxing as all get out and may even catch some fish.

The little boats are a ton of fun even for us ol' fardts...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Recently, I learned that Wilderness and Perception were brands offered by Confluence Outdoor.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the only issue I have with my old Wilderness Systems Tarpon 14, is the seats. I use a closed cell foam pad to sit on. Better than the bare composite material, but not by much. lol

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The new outfitting can be pretty good depending on what you're looking for. In the past I have always just custom configured my boats to suit me and had good success. One of our touring boats has outfitting similar to yours with a few more doo-dads and lower seat back. They have certainly come a long way in the last decade or so. Surprisingly, 2 of my most comfy boats are on older Current Designs and an Older Perception with fixed seat pans and relatively small back bands. I've foamed them out a bit to personal taste but I can spend a lot of time in them without discomfort.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't sit with my legs straight out. It kills my back. After an hour in one, I can't walk for a week. I can sit in a canoe just fine because I can cross my legs. The seat height is the difference.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup. I raised the seat in my Hobie Pro Angler by three inches to get a better leg angle with my feet on the pedals. Before, it felt like my feet were higher than my butt, and that put pressure on my tailbone. The added inches gives me a much more comfortable ride.

[Linked Image]

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I prefer a canoe, as more practical. I prefer the versatility of being able to pack in and pack out with gear and venison by water. Done it a few times. One canoe hunting trip had 4 of us (2 adults, &2 young men), all our gear, and 2 deer as we came back out.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I can't sit with my legs straight out. It kills my back. After an hour in one, I can't walk for a week. I can sit in a canoe just fine because I can cross my legs. The seat height is the difference.

Truth. I was wondering how much they paid him an hour to fish in that thing. Now if i were 15..... wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Yup. I raised the seat in my Hobie Pro Angler by three inches to get a better leg angle with my feet on the pedals. Before, it felt like my feet were higher than my butt, and that put pressure on my tailbone. The added inches gives me a much more comfortable ride.

[Linked Image]

Nice. Wheres the trolling motor?

Whats that red/gray ribbon around yer neck for?

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Truth. I was wondering how much they paid him an hour to fish in that thing. Now if i were 15..... wink

HEY HEY HEY,,,, be nice,
smile

I took up paddling a few years ago, but with my bad back it was hard for me to accept that I could not handle even a 40 lb boat. I know a lot of sit on tops weigh over 2X that.
I went with Kevlar due to light weight. my little boat is 10.5 ft long and comes in at a solid 16 lbs. My "destroyer' is a Swift Pack 13.6, book says 26 lbs but it weighs about 29 lbs in real life. But, a good seat is key. I can do maybe an hour in the small boat, up to 3 hrs no issues in the bigger one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jag, I don't need a trolling motor. The motors are those two things between my hips and my feet. And in Utah, anything not human-powered has to be registered and licensed. So I can avoid that by having a pedal-powered kayak. The thing around my neck is my PFD, of course.

The only drawback to the Hobie is its weight. It tops 100 pounds empty. Getting it on and off the roof of my car is the hardest part of any fishing trip, but at least I never have to lift the whole thing at once. Just lift the bow to the car, go around and lift the stern while sliding it up. Done. The upside to the weight is its stability. I can stand to fish with no qualms whatsoever. This thing is a flat-out fishing machine.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I was kidding about the pfd as i have one also. I thought i would see if you said it was for use when it rolls.

I could use one of those Hobies at times but our Texas lakes mostly have Texas waves. wink

So, how hard is it to right that thing if it rolls in 15 ft of water? Those peddles would be nice to have when the troll battery runs down. smile

I wonder if big gators ever mess with those things. Brackish bays and lake headwaters here also have Texas gators. frown

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/26/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I wouldnt want a red one. Do you have a waterproof cell phone? wink

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've never rolled mine, so I can't give personal testimony about how hard it is to right them. But on the Hobie forum board, there are a few (very few) stories about guys rolling them and they say it's not too hard to roll them back - especially if you have a cord attached to the opposite side. Just pull and it flips. Then you re-board by coming up over the stern, not the gunwale.

I've been in some pretty good waves 2+ feet once or twice when the wind kicked up, and felt perfectly safe. But it isn't something I do voluntarily. Mostly because sitting up high like that makes fighting the wind a real chore. I make a pretty good sail, apparently!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Real bad deal happened in N Minnesota a few days ago. Be safe out there.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I wouldnt want a red one. Do you have a waterproof cell phone? wink

Such thoughtful California neighbors.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (6mmbrfan, 160user, 10Glocks, 35, 308ld, 338reddog, 14 invisible), 1,708 guests, and 748 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.