Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The other day I was working in the barn, and hear the Catahoula raising heck in front of the house. I walk up there, where I had the garage open, my kayak and fishing stuff in the back of the truck, and some tools out on the driveway.

There's a car parked and a guy standing at bay. He asks if this is such n' such address. I tell him no. He tells me my dog bit him. I say I wouldn't doubt that. He claims he's an insurance adjuster and goes on private property all day long. I tell him yes, but you're not on the "correct" private property. He tells me the dog bit him again, like I'm supposed to wave a wand and make it go away. I tell him she has every right to be here; he doesn't. He mumbles something that he has to report this....go right ahead. I didn't see any blood nor torn clothing.

He drives away, and I go to the neighbor down the street where he was SUPPOSED to be. Not there. I think he went home to change his underwear or cry to management. Never heard from him again.

I have no problem with the dog's reaction on my front door.

Just edited this post as she almost caught another intruder...and thankfully I was able to muster enough of an Alpha command to stop her. I let her sniff after the wet work, and she got a few pokes. Would have been hell to find a vet on a Saturday night on Memorial Day weekend....whew!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RedAstrachan; 05/26/18.
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RedAstrachan
He drives away, and I go to the neighbor down the street where he was SUPPOSED to be. Not there. I think he went home to change his underwear or cry to management. Never heard from him again.

I have no problem with the dog's reaction on my front door.

He was casing your joint. When he got caught he used the address down the road as an excuse, he kept mentioning the dog so he could get you to offer him money not to report it to the police.

Keep your eye open you may be a target soon.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Doggies just love a new chew toy.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I considered that...but the story did jive as the address in question the folks just moved there. He was holding a metal clipboard with paperwork...maybe I'm gullible, but I think he was legit. And I don't doubt for a second that she bit him.

It's good having her around and popping off a handgun now and then, as across the street the rental is now occupied by a mudshark and her pet. The pet was missing last fall, turns out it was serving a stint in prison for theft. They're the ones I keep a close eye on...and they damn well know it.

Last edited by RedAstrachan; 05/26/18.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Good doggies! LOL

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Another feel-good dog on burglar story.

Here's a link to the story.

A friends GSD was guarding the home one day while he was at work. One of the local homies broke a ground floor window and stuck his head in.....Dog grabbed him by the face, pulled him in, kicked his ass royally and the police had no trouble finding him at the nearest ER.... grin

My boy Rommel is trained to lay quietly at the top of the stairs ( if they bark it scares people away, and they dont get the ensuing fun) when anyone is at the door. And yes, we've done "apprehension" work at the door..... cool

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I love that first video. That big yellow guard dog tore that Djibouti a new one! Where was that filmed it looks like South Africa.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You get his license plate?

[Linked Image from ]
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
When they catch the Purps. they need to add a second Charge of Animal Abuse.

These Poor Pups will never be able to get that bad taste out of their mouths

Ya Just Gotta Love a Happy ending.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
706 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 11point, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 87 invisible), 2,721 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.