Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RAS Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Trump is the only GOP candidate that would actually follow through with this. Another campaign promise KEPT.

This Trump guy is changing the standard on actually doing what you say you are going to do. Imagine that.

More liberal PETA heads are exploding.

Article from The Hill

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Isn't it the norm that states be allowed to manage wildlife on the federal lands within their borders?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Isn't it the norm that states be allowed to manage wildlife on the federal lands within their borders?

Yes

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
How about letting Great Lake states manage wolves as we see fit?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Working on it. Keep voting GOP and make sure your Cong and Sen support ESA reform.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter

Who does it now? Did your State give it up to the Feds?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Game management in AK on Federal lands has been taken over by the Feds... the problem is the Statehood Compact (1959) promised the State vast chunks of Federal lands. They have ceded only a tiny portion to the State. In the mean time they gave vast chunks to Native Corporations during which they created legal entity status and dissolved it at the same time to create those Native Corporations.

This was hastily done to clear Rights-of-way for the Trans-Alaskan-Pipeline and allowed the Corporations to take all accessible lands and block access to lots of land behind it.

To this day the Feds owe many millions of acres.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What is the deal about "hunting bear cubs"? Who does that anyway?

I know absolutely nothing about bear hunting btw.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When predator pits were created by unilateral acts to curb predator hunting the State had difficulty reaching sufficient kills to ensure predator population reductions. Hard to reduce an overpopulation of bears without killing some sows and cubs.

Killing bears I dens has been a Native way of doing things for a long time. Anyone thinking it is not sporty has never crawled into an occupied den...

It has only been allowed in predator control units.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
When predator pits were created by unilateral acts to curb predator hunting the State had difficulty reaching sufficient kills to ensure predator population reductions. Hard to reduce an overpopulation of bears without killing some sows and cubs.

Killing bears I dens has been a Native way of doing things for a long time. Anyone thinking it is not sporty has never crawled into an occupied den...

Sitka deer ,

I think ''cubs'' stay with the mother quite a while , a ''cub'' could be pretty good size roaming around with momma bear helping kill a moose I think .

How big would/could a ''cub'' up in your neck of the woods be ?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Game management in AK on Federal lands has been taken over by the Feds... the problem is the Statehood Compact (1959) promised the State vast chunks of Federal lands. They have ceded only a tiny portion to the State. In the mean time they gave vast chunks to Native Corporations during which they created legal entity status and dissolved it at the same time to create those Native Corporations.

This was hastily done to clear Rights-of-way for the Trans-Alaskan-Pipeline and allowed the Corporations to take all accessible lands and block access to lots of land behind it.

To this day the Feds owe many millions of acres.

And one of many reasons a large part of us hate them.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Who actually "hunts" bear cubs and wolf cubs? They use this term to imply that all hunters are ignorant brutes that just kill anything they want. I guess if you have a real need to control bears and wolves due to overpopulation, cubs might be killed, but I don't personally know anyone that would think it was sporting or hunting.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter

Who does it now? Did your State give it up to the Feds?

A federal court ruled that we couldn’t have a wolf season.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Sitka deer ,

I think ''cubs'' stay with the mother quite a while , a ''cub'' could be pretty good size roaming around with momma bear helping kill a moose I think .

How big would/could a ''cub'' up in your neck of the woods be ?

Black bear cubs are usually cut loose in the spring of their second year...

Browns are kicked out after their second year and can be hard to tell from the sow.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"expanding rights for hunters, winning cheers from sporting associations but worrying environmentalists who fear it will lead to the extinction of protected species".

Dumchits! "Sport" hunters are a species' best friend. If there are enough to hunt, it means the species is doing well, or at least OK. And we pay the bills... and take the hit on limits, seasons, or closing hunting when things are not going well. Self interest at it's finest.

Habitat loss, no one paying attention to , being aware of, or really giving a rip about the pygmy spotted big-eared 3 toed meadow frog (or whatever) are of far larger importance than controlled hunting in whether any species faces extinction. Besides, extinction of species is the rule, not the exception. Adapt or die.

Hunter's "care" can be a little hard on individuals of the species, however. ... smile

Last edited by las; 05/27/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Hunters sure do pay the bills . Just think how much more wildlife is out there cause some dude bought 100 ac. and managed it for wildlife. Millions of dollars go to deer habitat in Wisconsin alone. Look at all the land fish and game licenses that were bought and money used to buy land that might have been developed or just sat in private hands to be logged ETC.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,137 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,135
Posts18,464,707
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.