Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'm looking for the same rifle but can't find anyone with them in stock.

Anybody know of any vendors who have them in stock?

Do they shoot $1,000 better than a Tikka?

P

How a rifle shoots is only part of what I'm interested in. The FC I handled at an LGS just oozed quality and function. The Tiikas are interesting and function and shoot, no doubt about it. Might have to pick one up someday just for grins, but there's no lust for one in me.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by StudDuck

EuroOptic

Thanks. Theirs are backordered. Any others?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
You guys have a lot more money than I do.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just took possession of my first 7mm-08, it's a Barrett Fieldcraft with 21" tube. The rifle will be used for whitetail, aoudad and hopefully elk.

I have Lapua brass, Forster dies are on the way, but I need bullets and powder. Initially, I was thinking about loading 140gr Nosler Accubonds. Based upon my intended usage, is there another bullet I should consider or have I made a solid first choice?

I haven't consulted my manuals yet, but I'm looking for a powder recommendation; accuracy first, velocity second. Your thoughts?

Thank you.

Alpha 308 brass,driving a positive headspaced false shoulder,.003" constriction,Re-17,180 ELD's,200's and a magfed Smooch at 2600fps...not that I don't enjoy the notions of Ping Pong Ball Flingin' Window Lickers,talking out their asses. Hint. Laffin'!

Bless their hearts.

Wow +P+!

The 20 MOA extended 1913 rail,with all (5) base fasteners engaged and 40 MOA 'Horn's wearing a 6x MQ,go with out saying.

Just saying.

Hint.

This schit cracks me the fhuqk up!

Shaking my head.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Went to Sportsman's Warehouse today, no Varget in stock, but got a pound of Ramshot Big Game.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

EuroOptic

Whittakers did have (4) 270 Win in stock.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

EuroOptic

Whittakers did have (4) 270 Win in stock.

Yep, but their 7-08s are out of stock. I'd prefer to buy from them if possible. Waiting to see if they have any info on when they might get some more.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You been looking at my bank statement again?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

You been looking at my bank statement again?

I'm siphoning $3.12 every statement. I'll be rich some day.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

P

I doubt it, I'm a working-class schmuck with a mortgage and kids. I'm like Pappy, for every new one I buy, I try to sell one, but as he stated, I'm running behind on my quota. grin

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm like Pappy, for every new one I buy, I try to sell one, but as he stated, I'm running behind on my quota. grin

Me too. But if you sell me one, and I sell you one, we can maintain the quota and useable space in the safe. Let me know when you're tired of the Barrett.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm like Pappy, for every new one I buy, I try to sell one, but as he stated, I'm running behind on my quota. grin

Me too. But if you sell me one, and I sell you one, we can maintain the quota and useable space in the safe. Let me know when you're tired of the Barrett.

grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

EuroOptic

I ordered my 6.5X55 through Whisper Firearms

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just took possession of my first 7mm-08, it's a Barrett Fieldcraft with 21" tube. The rifle will be used for whitetail, aoudad and hopefully elk.

I have Lapua brass, Forster dies are on the way, but I need bullets and powder. Initially, I was thinking about loading 140gr Nosler Accubonds. Based upon my intended usage, is there another bullet I should consider or have I made a solid first choice?

I haven't consulted my manuals yet, but I'm looking for a powder recommendation; accuracy first, velocity second. Your thoughts?

Thank you.

I'm loading the 140 gr. Accubond and 45.4 grains of IMR 4350 with a CCI 200 primer. My velocity is in the 2770 range if I remember correctly. That's out of a Remington 700 CDL witha 24" barrel.

My Fieldcraft is a 6.5 X 55 and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have loaded quite a bit for the 708. I preferred the 150 Partitions and the 154 Hornady for elk and bear. I used 110 TnTs and killed over 200 coyotes with this bullet. My most accurate loads, however, were with 168 SMKs. I never found a better powder than Varget for any bullet weight from 110 to 168. Mine was a 10 twist. I never tried the Accubomb in that rifle but I don't think they shoot as well as the Partitions. They are probably a better 500 yard bullet if they shoot. Mine shot EVERYTHING to the same POI at 100 yards except that dreaded 120 Ballistic tip. They shot 4" off everything else. I quit using them because of this. I killed a LOT of feral horses with the 154s. Great bullet.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I have loaded quite a bit for the 708. I preferred the 150 Partitions and the 154 Hornady for elk and bear. I used 110 TnTs and killed over 200 coyotes with this bullet. My most accurate loads, however, were with 168 SMKs. I never found a better powder than Varget for any bullet weight from 110 to 168. Mine was a 10 twist. I never tried the Accubomb in that rifle but I don't think they shoot as well as the Partitions. They are probably a better 500 yard bullet if they shoot. Mine shot EVERYTHING to the same POI at 100 yards except that dreaded 120 Ballistic tip. They shot 4" off everything else. I quit using them because of this. I killed a LOT of feral horses with the 154s. Great bullet.

No Varget in stock locally, so I ended up with Ramshot Big Game, I think this is what Pharmseller is having success with.

I'll start with the Accubonds, if that doesn't work, I'll go to Partitions or ELD-X. It's been my experience that if the Accubonds don't shoot well, usually the Partitions will and vice versa. Seems to depend on the rifle.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Mule Deer suggests magnum primers with ball powders. I use WLRM with Big Game in the 7mm-08s I load for. I get slightly better accuracy and velocity compared to CCI200 primers.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Mule Deer suggests magnum primers with ball powders. I use WLRM with Big Game in the 7mm-08s I load for. I get slightly better accuracy and velocity compared to CCI200 primers.

P

Yep. I even got better accuracy with magnum primers in my Varget and 120 grain NBT load.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

P

WLRM?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

P

WLRM?

Google it.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

468 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 56 invisible), 2,923 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.