Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Midsouth price on nosler 280AI brass $80 and change per 50.

Hornady price $40 and change per 50 .

Nosler bullet prices - 160gr. accubond $30.5o per 50 = $61 per 100 bullets .

Glad to see that they can charge PREMIUM prices and stay in business . smile

Hornady guy here ..

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nosler Partition bullets are worth every penny paid, for hunting rifles.

WW and RP brass has worked fine for many decades.

Never cared for much of anything Hornady.

Diffrent strokes....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Midsouth price on nosler 280AI brass $80 and change per 50.

Hornady price $40 and change per 50 .

Nosler bullet prices - 160gr. accubond $30.5o per 50 = $61 per 100 bullets .

Glad to see that they can charge PREMIUM prices and stay in business . smile

Hornady guy here ..

Ever heard of shootersproshop.com?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nosler brass is way overpriced. I'll gladly pay a little more for their bullets than Hornady because they work so well.

Scott
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Shooters Pro Shop is having a 20% off sale this weekend. I try to buy my bullets from there when there on sale or there seconds at good prices.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nosler brass is spendy, but all I've purchased has been top-notch. The boxed brass is truly ready go as purchased. They also make brass for a lot of stuff not available elswhere. The limited market for that stuff adds to the cost and probably bleeds over a bit to other stuff.

The bullets are worth the price for hunting, even at the usual street price, but I try to catch the blems or overruns from SPS whenever possible, plus the free shipping they offer at times. Before I buy, I check current prices at Midway, Graf's, sometimes Natchez, rarely Midsouth, and SPS, plus shipping, and buy where it's cheapest. Takes only a few minutes.

I'm pretty well stocked up for everything I have now and can weather any future shortages, even if the supply chain gets totally cut off by war, plague (Democrats), or famine. Don't have everything I might want, but definitely have all I'd need for hunting and practice, plus plenty of fun shooting to boot.

What fresh Hell is this?
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I had taken shooters pro shop off my favorites - everytime I looked they didn't have what I wanted . They've got some good stuff right now 115 BT shoot great in my 25-06 but 117 SST hornadys shoot better .

Anyway - not too long ago 280ai brass was $55ish dollars , not that the $25 would break the bank .

I bet it comes down in price now that there's some competition .

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
No thanks, I will stick with Winchester brass, it costs about half as much and works fine for me. They practically have a monopoly on brass for their cartridges like the 26 Nosler and 22 Nosler, I will stick with my 264 mag and 5.56, I can get over 3350 fps out of my 24 inch barreled Are, plus I can get all the free brass I want at the local shooting spots.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Nosler brass is spendy, but all I've purchased has been top-notch. The boxed brass is truly ready go as purchased. They also make brass for a lot of stuff not available elswhere. The limited market for that stuff adds to the cost and probably bleeds over a bit to other stuff.

The bullets are worth the price for hunting, even at the usual street price, but I try to catch the blems or overruns from SPS whenever possible, plus the free shipping they offer at times. Before I buy, I check current prices at Midway, Graf's, sometimes Natchez, rarely Midsouth, and SPS, plus shipping, and buy where it's cheapest. Takes only a few minutes.

I'm pretty well stocked up for everything I have now and can weather any future shortages, even if the supply chain gets totally cut off by war, plague (Democrats), or famine. Don't have everything I might want, but definitely have all I'd need for hunting and practice, plus plenty of fun shooting to boot.

Hornady has also been stepping up and making brass not typically found or supported sufficiently by other makers, and it is always cheaper. Don't know if there is much of a quality difference so won't make the assertion. The bullets I agree, are not such a deal breaker and is more an individual preference when comparing apples to apples, like Accubond vs Interbond, GMX vs Etips, etc.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I like Winchester brass. It’s been great for me. I like Ballistic tips for deer and pigs. If I hunted heavier game I would go with the Accubonds or Partition bullets. I use Hornady brass for Creedmoor loads. It had been great also. I’ve never liked Hornady bullets, but lots of guys will have nothing else. Several of the guys on my lease have lost deer with Hornady bullets. They call them Hornadud bullets now.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Nosler makes good boolits...........

not sure on their Nosler stamped brass.......

ask Muledeer

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I still can't believe no one is making reasonably priced 257 Roberts brass. I finally got tired of waiting and bought some Hornady 6mm Remington brass. Maybe Starline will step up and start offering it.

Scott
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Nosler makes good boolits...........

not sure on their Nosler stamped brass.......

ask Muledeer

Norma .

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lone wolf
Shooters Pro Shop is having a 20% off sale this weekend. I try to buy my bullets from there when there on sale or there seconds at good prices.

Thanks lone wolf,

glad I decided to check out this forum tonight. Just ordered some E-Tips for testing as I live in Cali and we'll be going to lead free in the whole state in 2019. I wish they had a few more calibers available, and those dang 6.5 Creedmoor shooters bought up all the 6.5 120's. laugh

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
ol mike,

Not exactly.

Norma has made quite a bit of Nosler's brass, though not all. And around 3 years ago Nosler bought a brass plant in Washington, then moved the machinery to Oregon. Right now they're making about 60% of their brass, and the percentage will continue to increase.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Mule Deer ,

Folks on Nosler site said it was made by Norma , I haven't kept up in a few years .

Thanks for the info. .

Last edited by ol_mike; 05/29/18.

Posted by Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It's (still) a free market with lots of good choices; buy what you wish.

Years ago some writer pointed out that the bullet was the least expensive part of the hunt and he was right. These days I can buy a bunch of boxes of full-price Partitions for the cost of the gas I burn each November. That's not to say that I don't shoot Hornadys and Sierras, just that money spent on Noslers, Swifts, Barnes, etc is mighty little in the grand scheme of things and absolute confidence when you press the trigger is priceless.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I haven't drank the Nosler brass Koolaid, don't see any reason to. Winchester brass has served me well since I started reloading in the early 70's and continues to do so. The only exception is that I use Starline brass for full power handgun loads. I have been loading Nosler bullets for the last few years and find their accuracy to be good though I have yet to take any game with them. My whitetail deer have been taken with Hornady and Sierra bullets, and my lone bull elk with Speer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a box of Nosler .257 Roberts brass as I had three Roberts' at that stage and wanted to load different brand brass in each (Winchester and Hornady in the other two). It worked out at just under AU$3.00 per case. I took the rifle out after pigs on the old wheat paddocks that had gone fallow and had grass two feet high. Put out two boars and started shooting them, but in the excitement that lovely new shiny brass went spinning away into the long grass. It took some finding but I found both cases in the end.

And I got both pigs as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
I haven't drank the Nosler brass Koolaid, don't see any reason to. Winchester brass has served me well since I started reloading in the early 70's and continues to do so. The only exception is that I use Starline brass for full power handgun loads. I have been loading Nosler bullets for the last few years and find their accuracy to be good though I have yet to take any game with them. My whitetail deer have been taken with Hornady and Sierra bullets, and my lone bull elk with Speer.

Not sure it's Koolaid, just a premium product for people willing to pay more for good brass that's been fully prepped and weight-sorted, rather than spend the time doing it themselves. On the other hand, many don't mind doing those chores themselves or even prefer to. I've got piles of older WW .270, .22 Hornet, and .308 brass and like it fine. Don't know about the new stuff.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,704
Posts18,456,820
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.