Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I seriously dislike and avoid malls.

That being said, my wife wanted a perm so we stopped to see the folks at Regis in the small local mall. I knew it would be awhile so I went and ran some errands , then came back to wait for her (since I was holding the payola.)

So I took a seat on one of the mall benches and sat there... until the mall cop came by and started questioning my purpose in sitting on the bench. ("I am waiting for my wife.") "Well, I wasn't so sure about you, because you never replied when I said hello." WTF???? That's a crime these day???I apologized for the slight and he went on his way.

After 10-15 minutes he came back around, approached me once more and told me he sensed I was "giving off bad vibes." I told him it was no such thing, "Leave me along, I'm hurting no one. Get away from me."

At that point I got up to leave, and he asked why I was being hostile. I raised my voice and told him to stop harassing me, something he denied. Then he told me to leave or he would call the cops. So I went and sat back down. He again repeated the same threat. I told him to call 'em.

So then I sat and continued to wait for my wife and he went outside, pressing buttons on his phone while he did.

The cops never showed and I waited the remaining 20 minutes until my wife was done, we paid, and then left.

I don't know WTF is wrong with us sexagenarians these days.

Mall Cop Salsa doesn't actually sound like a bad trapping bait.
If I had to be a mall cop, I'd be a bit testy, too.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i have been known to respond with" if you don't like this attitude , you surely won't like the one coming up"

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 32_20fan
Mall cops....always a good time to revisit the saga of Geck045. Funny chit.

https://lonelymachines.org/mall-ninjas/

I really miss that guy, a genius of dry humor and wit, wish he was still around.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

The verbiage sure paints the pic...

... in the same vein as this old pic:

[Linked Image]

2nd from right pegs him tightly....

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Shady!

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Why you gotta be such a trouble maker anyways........And on a holiday weekend.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I call it reverse profiling. They singled you out to show that they're not always hassling kids and minorities at the mall. So they find an old white guy to bother that they can point to later and say "see, I bother old white dudes too".

I get the same thing at the airport. I know before I even put my carry on bag on the conveyor belt that I'll be taken to a small room for a pat down and questioning. Old silver haired white guys don't cause problems on planes, but they need to show they don't discriminate.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I think you are right. 4 out of 5 times, Often with precheck,even, I get a pat down or a "random" hand check with the swabs.

Hell, my eyes are hazel, not shifty.... smile

Last edited by las; 05/28/18.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Thank you sir, for an interesting read. I've seen bits and pieces before, but that is the best version I've seen. Mall ninja indeed. wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Note to self: always carry a cell phone. And stare at constantly so no one can make eye contact with you. Apparently this also makes some folks think you are doing something purposeful. (Mostly, this far from the truth.)

Also, avoid city life, where people sometimes consider normal to be unusual, even scary.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mall SECURITY... they aren't real cops.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I seriously dislike and avoid malls.

That being said, my wife wanted a perm so we stopped to see the folks at Regis in the small local mall. I knew it would be awhile so I went and ran some errands , then came back to wait for her (since I was holding the payola.)

So I took a seat on one of the mall benches and sat there... until the mall cop came by and started questioning my purpose in sitting on the bench. ("I am waiting for my wife.") "Well, I wasn't so sure about you, because you never replied when I said hello." WTF???? That's a crime these day???I apologized for the slight and he went on his way.

After 10-15 minutes he came back around, approached me once more and told me he sensed I was "giving off bad vibes." I told him it was no such thing, "Leave me along, I'm hurting no one. Get away from me."

At that point I got up to leave, and he asked why I was being hostile. I raised my voice and told him to stop harassing me, something he denied. Then he told me to leave or he would call the cops. So I went and sat back down. He again repeated the same threat. I told him to call 'em.

So then I sat and continued to wait for my wife and he went outside, pressing buttons on his phone while he did.

The cops never showed and I waited the remaining 20 minutes until my wife was done, we paid, and then left.

I don't know WTF is wrong with us sexagenarians these days.

Mall Cop Salsa doesn't actually sound like a bad trapping bait.

You are a goose, it is because you have "independent conservative" stamped across your face...I have "[bleep] off and leave me alone" on mine so I get left in peace.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed Willis is guy in charge over there. Not sure if that’s who responded to your email or his secretary.

Face it buddy old guys like us are bad for biz. Heck I’ve been know to reach for a weapon when I catch a glimpse of me in a mirror or plate glass window !

Creepy lookin old bastid that I am anyway.

Wonder who gave her the perm? If it was Brooke or Angela or someone else ? Whomever hope it turned out great for her.

I’ll sleep better tonight knowin mall cops are keepin an eye on seedy bastids like you and me .

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
He should have run you in for letting your wife get a perm, the smell of the chemicals they use can not be good for anyone!!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad I don't go to that mall. I might get shot.

First day of vacation, I am in a good mood. Walking through a Myrtle Beach Walmart.

Black guy (motorized cart, of course) looks at me and said "You look like one pissedoff SOB".
And I was happy!

Bad vibe I guess!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Mark, Good thing your wife didn’t deal with him after her perm. Then he really would of known what a bad day was.

Last edited by Unalakleet_Yooper; 05/28/18.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Glad I don't go to that mall. I might get shot.

First day of vacation, I am in a good mood. Walking through a Myrtle Beach Walmart.

Black guy (motorized cart, of course) looks at me and said "You look like one pissedoff SOB".
And I was happy!

Bad vibe I guess!

Now that is funny and a great way to start, or end, a day!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A perm huh?...I'm starting to think that the mall cop might be more intuitive than you give him credit for......unless all this took place in 1972 in which case I'd agree and say that he was harassing you. 😀

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Ha ha ..... modern perms are hardly the versions they had in 72. Lol

Wife went to the mall salon since a neighbor in the apartment building we share works there.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Was your fly down?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

346 members (264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 10gaugeman, 49 invisible), 1,815 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,433
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.