Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My new Western Powders Handloading Guide showed up today. At first glance I am impressed and look forward to a few hours of bed time reading with the book. It will be one of those books I have for quite awhile and will return to it to reference information. By the time I am done I know I will have learned some good stuff. Ordered it from the Rifles and Recipes folks and it is still on sale.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just ordered a copy myself.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
1Akshooter,

Good to hear. I was also very impressed when reading it, because there's so much good information aside from the loads themselves, and "other info" is what really makes a manual.

Might also mention that the 10%-off sale at riflesandrecipes.com continues through Father's Day, June 17. Even without the sale, the price for the Western manual is lower than most on the Internet.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Should have added this:

Apply the coupon code "Sale" when checking out on the website, or call 406-521-0273.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Stayed up way to late reading the Western Powders Handloading Guide. Now I am tired and not getting crap done on the little women's "Honey do or Die" list. When I showed her all the cool diagrams and other info she said, "that's nice honey". I don't think she will ever be a "Rifle Looney".

But, she loves to hunt and fish with me and she is a great cook, of which I am proof of. When I told her about the recipe books Mrs. Clark has for sale that got her attention and she will be ordering one.

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I got mine from rifles&recipes (thanks Mr. Barsness). It is a good manual and the extra stuff is great.

M
MZ5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
...and "other info" is what really makes a manual.

Indeed!

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Can anyone post a pic of the index so we know what cartridges it covers?

Thanks
Dave

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
It covers the same cartridges that are in their website data.

As I noted, it's not the load data that makes a loading manual, but the other info.

John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah, but not everyone takes a reloading manual to the can with them in the morning.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Which is one of the reasons we printed paper copies of the first five years of our on-line magazine, RIFLE LOONY NEWS: Several subscribers said their wives were getting tired of the disorderly stack of print-outs in the bathroom. (Of course, some other guys wanted paper copies to take to deer camp, where they didn't have Internet service. But bathroom reading was, uh, Number One. One of the buyers even sent us a photo of his bathroom, with the new printed-and-bound version sitting on top of the stack of reading material next to the toilet. So of course we ran it in the next issue of RLN.)

John Steinbeck
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Haha! Good enough for me!

Last few manuals I have purchased have had interesting material in them.

I spent a couple nights reading about the story of Berger bullets. The Lyman cast handbook has been a good one too.

I will be picking up a Western book too, I reckon.

One subject I have been hoping to find more info on would be setting up reloading dies. Usually its just a "do this" "do that" and make ammo.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
List of cartridges covered is on the Rifles and Recipes web site. Open link to manual and click on Table of Contents.

Do or do not, there is no try.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was impressed by the quality of the paper. It's thicker and glossy. It will last for years and years. The information section that precedes the load data is excellent as well.

I made the mistake of trying to publish some of my books as ebooks, but could not include everything that was in the paper copies. Tech has progressed, but no more ebooks. Reference material like this is better in paper format. It's transportable, and requires no computer or power source.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ordered a copy myself along with hunting the plains. Hernia surgery on the 5th and in need of reading material for 4 weeks after. Reading shotguns for wingshooting again, retire in about a year and hope to spend a lot of time chasing upland birds.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Just ordered one, thanks for the heads up!
FYI Promo code "Sale" is expired

You will not make peace with the Blue Coats, you are free to go
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I just checked the "Sale" coupon code and it worked.

If it isn't working for somebody, they should phone 406-521-0273.

John Steinbeck
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Nomosendero2
Just ordered one, thanks for the heads up!
FYI Promo code "Sale" is expired

"sale" just worked for me, mine is ordered smile

Ted
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Jim,

There's an entire chapter about setting up dies in THE BIG BOOK OF GUN GACK, most of which you won't see in other loading manuals.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Okay, I have to brag. My birthday present from my girlfriend was a copy of the Western Powders Reloading Guide, personally signed by all the employees there. Her sister works at Western. I am pretty proud of that book!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,666
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.