Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 68 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 67 68
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Good luck Trav.

i think S.FL. will be a great place to be CEO of your startup company. Wishing you lots of customers.

Flave Precision? Plotting a takeover of Kel-Tec?

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Wishing you safe travels and a great experience in the new domicile.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
You'll be a Jimmy Buffet fan by the 4th of July. I promise. Good luck, you'll be fine. South FL is a different place. Different from anywhere else in the country. It's like hillbilly trailer trash from a KY holler bred with... well the sun. Because the hillbilly genes took over whatever it was bred with, and got a permanent sun tan. I loved south Florida on the Gulf Coast. Still got family there and all over FL.

Just remember, no one uses their turn signal. Embrace it.
, Sooooo, the Mudducks would fit right in....

I'm about to complete a journey from Seattle to Milwaukee. Decided Wisconsin was calling (Midwest was always home to me). Start work on the 18th assuming I sign for a place this week and get the movers on the calendar. Corporate drone-dom here I come. After all, Wisconsin is where cheese-eating drunks to to live out the winter.
They DO! They DO! Just watch out around S. Milwaukee... Best wishes on the move.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Just spent a week in S Florida. It sure has changed and not for the better.no shortage of work

I can understand wanting to get out of Havre area though and change is good .

No sharpies in Florida but some decent fishing can be had on both coasts.

Did the same move five months ago.

What route are you taking? And safe travels

Last edited by ribka; 06/04/18.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by irfubar
Flave,

I can understand getting burned out on the hi-line, that place hasn't changed in the 30 yrs I have been going up there, but south Florida?
Good lord don't you know that place is plum full of liberals?

Anyhow best wishes and good luck.

I don't think it's that bad as far as liberals go. The gun laws seem pretty good.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
How in the heck could your trade Montana for south Florida??

Change is good.
Yah, well that's QUITE the change! Wish ya the best - but I could never stand FL... Too much humidity and heat combined..

Drive safe - live well..

smile

Thanks. I'll honk on my way through.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
MT to FL - that seems like a tough trade, but we all have to do what is right for us and our family. I have tried to move to MT for going on 30 years - just seems like the right job never comes up.

It looks like you lived well while you were there. Best of luck to you and your family, hope it goes well for you. Let me know if you need anything when you are passing through Bismarck.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Springcove
Flave those are some great pics. Can’t imagine leaving Montana for Florida but I wish you and your family good luck and safe travels.

Now GFY...

Thanks.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ribka
Just spent a week in S Florida. It sure has changed and not for the better.no shortage of work

I can understand wanting to get out of Havre area though and change is good .

No sharpies in Florida but some decent fishing can be had on both coasts.

Did the same move five months ago.

What route are you taking? And safe travels

We're going through ND and then to MN. Stop to see the Pollocks and drop off a dog.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Are you taking highway 2? If so, stop in Bemidji, and have a picture taken with Paul, and Babe.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image]

Sounds like quite the road trip.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Wow I didn't think you were actually moving.

Where to?

Good luck!

South Florida.

That is a serious downgrade.......we went to Orlando, Sanibel Island and Fort Meyers a few years back.The mountains in the distance are condos. Anything that wasn't paved was a swamp. People on top of people. Could not even turn around without bumping into someone. Downright claustrophobic for this Idaho boy. Good luck to you, glad it's not me!

Last edited by centershot; 06/04/18.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by centershot

Where to?

Good luck!

South Florida.

That is a serious downgrade.......we went to Orlando, Sanibel Island and Fort Meyers a few years back.The mountains in the distance are condos. Anything that wasn't paved was a swamp. People on top of people. Could not even turn around without bumping into someone. Downright claustrophobic for this Idaho boy. Good luck to you, glad it's not me!

That's encouraging. I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I can understand how someone could decide to not spend an entire life away from larger city amenities, especially when raising and mentoring children who are likely to spend a chunk of their adult lives in or near larger population areas. But, man, you sure cannonballed into the deep end of the pool. Best of luck to you and your family with the new situation. I’m suspect you’ll wind up somewhere out west eventually.

Yeah. Living here was great but there are drawbacks also. When I was a kid I dreamed of being able to do these kind of things right outside my door and I'm glad to have been able to experience them for a decade.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by centershot

Thanks.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

[Linked Image]

Be sure to pack those shorts, you'll fit right in. Might need some compression socks. grin

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Best of Luck to you and the family. I'm sure you'll get into some heavy deep sea fishing. You take great pics, looking forward to future posts.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
I can understand how someone could decide to not spend an entire life away from larger city amenities, especially when raising and mentoring children who are likely to spend a chunk of their adult lives in or near larger population areas. But, man, you sure cannonballed into the deep end of the pool. Best of luck to you and your family with the new situation. I’m suspect you’ll wind up somewhere out west eventually.

Yeah. Living here was great but there are drawbacks also. When I was a kid I dreamed of being able to do these kind of things right outside my door and I'm glad to have been able to experience them for a decade.

If you don’t mind me asking, Deflave, where were from originally?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Where to?

Good luck!

South Florida.

You can replace Shrapnel with RevMike. Ought to be an interesting change. He'll make a pig-popper out of you.

My cousin lives in Palm Beach county. He's an even bigger dick than you, if you can imagine such a thing. You'd like him, and he knows a good pig-n-gator outfitter. PM me if you want the info.

Hope this works out for you. Moving is the pits, unless it's moving away from Maryland, CA, MA, NY, etc.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
[Linked Image]

Sounds like quite the road trip.

Thats what I am talking about!!

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Page 11 of 68 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 67 68

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,291 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,248
Posts18,466,936
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.