Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I first came to this project out of need since I use my Disco as a pest removal tool and have taken many many, tree rats, skunks, coons, possum, woodchuck, etc and the need for a follow up shot was ever present.

Hand loading pellets in the bolt action .22 cal was too slow and cumbersome and took my eyes off the target pest for far too long just to get a follow up shot.

I needed a faster way to load a follow up pellet that could be done with as little time taking my eyes off the wounded pest flailing around or attempting to escape so I experiments with a detachable magazine project. This was never meant to be a plinking or target tool since there is no need for speed for the next shot and loading a pellet to shoot paper means you can take your time and take your eyes off the paper target to focus your attention on loading a pellet. This was meant to be a hunting tool to get that 2nd pellet loaded as fast as possible to dispatch the critter.

Early designs were for up to 10 pellets but I abandoned that for a few reasons.

1. The detachable magazine stuck out (protruded) too far out the side of the airgun while walking around the woods and when laying the airgun on its side, the options are on the bolt or on the detachable magazine. Laying the airgun on a 10 pellet magazine was a bad idea.

2. Stacking that many pellets on top of one another in a gravity feed situation while walking and stalking was having negative impacts on the soft lead skirts of the pellets so I settled on a 6 pellet magazine as the balance between getting that follow up shot ( or 2) and a compact design that fits under even the lowest of scope rings seemed to work best.

I designed it to work with domed or wad cutter pellet heads in the diablo skirt shape since that is what I use. I designed the detachable magazine so that it could be made on a 3D printer with as little post processing as possible and because the plastic is non-maring to the bluing of the airgun metal. It attaches with a single screw and embedded nut. I'm currently calling it the "DROP 6" since its a gravity feed, 6 pellet magazine that works very well and has helped me send many critters to their reward.

Here is the latest update on my project.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by sharp_things; 06/05/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Full semi automatic.........

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Bingo. wink

When I first designed it I had it set up for 10 pellets but thought that would be considered a high capacity magazine. grin

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sharp_things
Bingo. wink

When I first designed it I had it set up for 10 pellets but thought that would be considered a high capacity magazine. grin

If you weren't such a self promoting douche, someone might open some doors at Crosman Corp. for you. wink

You just never know who may or may not be affiliated with what company these days.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Bingo. wink

Illegal doings, you're no stranger to.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Bingo. wink

If you weren't such a self promoting douche, someone might open some doors at Crosman Corp. for you. wink

You just never know who may or may not be affiliated with what company these days.

Sorry, not interested. In late 2017 I was approached by a buyer/investor that wanted to by my design. I turned it down. Once my back log or projects slows, I will go into production but just last week I was contracted by another outdoor/sporting company to design another piece of bowhunting equipment so this air gun magazine will sit on the back burner.

The largest market will be in Europe (Great Britain) when gun ownership is prohibited but air gun ownership is allowed (provided they fall below a regulated FPS) and once the first video of proto #1 came out in 2017 I was buried with requests. This 2nd video boosted that demand. Im not interested in selling the concept. wink

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
95 members (10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 16penny, 16 invisible), 1,660 guests, and 718 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,756
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.