Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I just ordered a 455 American in .22 WMR. What rings and scopes are you all running on your CZ's? I thought I saw somewhere that they have a high bolt throw and taller rings may be necessary.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a 455 Varmint Fluted Thumbhole model in 22LR and wound up with a DIP base that slides right on to the top of receiver dovetail and a set of medium (?) IIRC Warne rings to hold a Vortex 2-7x 32mm rimfire scope. Everything clears O.K... That base adds some height so without that I'd probably have to use taller rings.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I picked up the 20 moa EGW base on sale at Miday not long ago.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Chequamegon
I just ordered a 455 American in .22 WMR. What rings and scopes are you all running on your CZ's? I thought I saw somewhere that they have a high bolt throw and taller rings may be necessary.

I have a 452 (same receiver size) and I bought a set of Weaver rimfire rings at Walmart for $8.99, they gave good clearance with a Leupold VX-2 3x9 and a Nikon rimfire 3x9 which has a slightly larger eyepiece than the Leupold. In my experience I do not see bolt clearance as an issue.

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
i have the warne rimfire rings that attach directly to the receiver grooves. they work well but doubtful for hard use.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was going to go with BKL. I already had a couple of sets of picatinney rings so the rail wasn't much more. BKL has some good deals if you can catch it.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was going to go with BKL. I already had a couple of sets of picatinney rings so the rail wasn't much more. BKL has some good deals if you can catch it.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
i have the warne rimfire rings that attach directly to the receiver grooves. they work well but doubtful for hard use.

I am unsure if you are referring to the Warne rings or the fact that they attach to the receiver as being doubtful if they work for hard use. But
the Weaver rimfire rings attach directly to the receiver grooves and I have had a set of them on the 452 for about 7 years and they have never moved at all after many 1000's of miles of riding in the truck and many 1000's of rounds of 22 LR ammo through the 452.
I was out today and shot a little over 300 rounds at ground squirrels with the 452 with Weaver rings and had any issue with the eyepiece interfering with fast operation of the bolt.

I do have a couple of sets of BKL's also but have gone away from them because I did not like how high the scope is mounted with them, but they are admittedly a great ring otherwise.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Can't go wrong with a Leupold for hunting and Burris signature rimfire rings to keep the scope nice and pretty.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by n8dawg6

I am unsure if you are referring to the Warne rings or the fact that they attach to the receiver as being doubtful if they work for hard use. But
the Weaver rimfire rings attach directly to the receiver grooves and I have had a set of them on the 452 for about 7 years and they have never moved at all after many 1000's of miles of riding in the truck and many 1000's of rounds of 22 LR ammo through the 452.
I was out today and shot a little over 300 rounds at ground squirrels with the 452 with Weaver rings and had any issue with the eyepiece interfering with fast operation of the bolt.

I do have a couple of sets of BKL's also but have gone away from them because I did not like how high the scope is mounted with them, but they are admittedly a great ring otherwise.

drover

i was referring to the manner in which they attach to the receiver. granted ive never puked my setup, but it doesnt have the appearance of sturdiness. on the other hand, its svelte and probably the least bulky setup you can use.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I bought the Talley ringmounts for mine. Very clean appearance. A rail like the DIP is more flexible as to eye relief and makes it easier if you want to swap stuff around.

The dovetail is 11mm. Some general-purpose rimfire rings may not fit properly.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
What height of Talley are you using Pappy? I have Talley's one piece on all my other rifles and have been satisfied. I'm thinking of moving my Weaver 4.75 x 40 currently on another rifle to the CZ for now.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Pappy348,

The 452 American model receiver grooves are 3/8th, the other rimfire CZ models are 11mm. It seems odd that they make two different size dovetails but I suppose the metric sized 11mm receiver grooves are for the rest of the world that operates on the metric system.

drover

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
High. I mounted a 4-12x40AO and wanted to be sure it cleared. Might have gotten away with something lower. I think there's about 1/8" difference at each size increment, maybe 1/10". If you call Talley, they will help (and answer the phone!).

drover,

To make matters worse, my 453 American was 13mm. I used Leupold 13mm mediums on that IIRC.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Yeah, I am really amazed that they make so many different dovetail variations on their rimfires, doesn't seem like a good manufacturing model to me.

drover

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Their rifles are popular all over the world, so I gotta conclude there's a method to their madness. The 455 is supposedly the end game rimfire platform for them, standardizing things, but the others keep popping up.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
C
I finally got the scope VX-5HD 2-10x42 and rings Talley highs set up onto the CZ. Pretty impressed by how everything turned out although I would like a slightly lower mounted scope. With the 30mm tube however my options were limited without using the DPI base and I opted not to at this time. Early results look pretty promising. This was the best group of the day from 50 yards. Did not have a good rest to shoot off of as it was an empty backpack from a slippery table but I just wanted some trigger time. 30 gr CCI and Hornady V-max along with 40 gr Winchester TMJ all shot pretty much the same. Will know more once I'm able to shoot from a proper bench with bags.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Chequamegon; 06/18/18.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
id mount a scope w parallax adjustment if you really want to wring accuracy out of it. still, not bad at all as-is. rifle is definitely a shooter

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I have Burris Signature High rimfire rings on my 455. They're working very well with a Weaver V-16.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Used B Square "Weaver style" adapter bases on mine. Clamps on the 11mm dovetail, pretty solid mount for 1" Burris Z rings.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,832
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.