Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]

https://youtu.be/9RvEpV5PoYc

Due to the hustle of everyday life, it took me a little longer to get my son his first fish than I wanted. We’ve tried a few times over the last year but had been unsuccessful thus far to a variety of reasons like the time he hooked one, got it up to the dock then proceeded to try and beat it to death with the tip of his rod while it was still in the water :palm: if that wasn’t enough he got so frustrated he then threw the whole shbang, fish still hooked, into the lake.

I caught my first fish when I was 2 1/2 and I got my (much more patient and astute listening) daughter her first at 2 1/2 also. The sun will not set on any kid of mine’s 3rd birthday without landing a fish wink

So when it dawned on me that his birthday was nearing I didn’t let anything stand in my way. I picked him up early from preschool and we headed to the neatest body of water that had been stocked recently and put the canoe in the water. He was born 6/5/15 at 2:55pm. On 6/5/18 at 2:14pm he landed his first fish. Down to the wire of keeping the streak of first fish before age 3 going! By the end of the day he was recognizing a bite all on his own. Pretty cool to see the anticipation build as he was getting a bite and then turn to excitement when he got a hook in it! He had never touched a spinning reel before that day. It was cool to see him nail it when it come to handling a rod smile

Parenting win in my book. He literally woke up this morning talking about fishing as if he was reliving the day through his dreams!

You may notice the, “It’s a boy!” pin I’m wearing. No I didn’t have another son on the same day. That pin was given to my dad, by the hospital when I was born, who wore it religiously every year on my birthday. when I had a son of my own, he passed it down to me to keep the tradition alive smile

My apologies for the lack of production on the video. It’s way easier to copy and paste a YouTube link than up load/text individual video clips to everyone.

Thanks for looking

"When the last deer disappears into the morning mist, When the last elk vanishes from the hills, When the last buffalo falls on the plains, I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom." Chief Joseph
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GOOD DEAL i will try to get my 4 1/2 yr old grand daughter an 3 1/2 yr old grand son their first fish this summer have fun

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
That's awesome. Good going!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Very nice.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
AWESOME !!

Don't loose that Video.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very cool!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Those smiles and memories will last a lifetime there! Congratulations on making it happen and thanks for sharing the video and smiles. Best wishes for many more memorable trips together!

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 53 invisible), 2,667 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.