Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Yesterday my S&B came, today the NF came - one of them had to go on the 6.5... I will say that comparing both scopes briefly just out my back porch:
1. S&B has a better eye box and eye relief
2. Not by a lot, but the optics in the S&B are better. The view is truely world class - stunning.
3. I prefer the egos of the S&B - About 10 oz lighter and with the 30 mm tube - just seems to fit the overall scope better.
4. I like S&B illumination a lot better - especially being able to adjust settings.

With all that being said - The NF has made its way on my rifle. Mounted in Low 34mm Warne Mnt Tac rings. The scope is a beast - knobs are ridiculously big and its heavy - but its still a damn fine scope that I wont feel as guilty banging around the Idaho Backcountry. Also, feel this will really help the 6.5 stretch its legs to the max - at least on steel.

The S&B is a dandy of a scope and I think I'll keep it - but it needs to go on a more traditional, medium range hunting rifle. May have build another nice .270 to put it on.

I hope to get out and shoot the 6.5 this Sunday and can have a better report on how it does...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That's a very nice rig.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thats a nice looking rig Adam. Your ex LAW is coming right along. Found it loves Hornady Precision Hunter 162 ELD-X factory stuff, and will put three shots into pretty much the same hole on a regular basis, and five less than .5 in without much effort. Now I want to try the heavier ELDs to see how they do, and and see if I can add some heat to the 162s.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Which SB scope did you compare against the nightforce ATACR? I've been wanting to upgrade a couple scopes and the ATACR is first on the list. What reticle did you go with?

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by rgrx1276
Which SB scope did you compare against the nightforce ATACR? I've been wanting to upgrade a couple scopes and the ATACR is first on the list. What reticle did you go with?

Just wait you will see 24 threads about the scope action screws bases sling bipod questions sling stud reviews and which under amor hat fits best for prone shooting and what window decals he went with.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You made the right choice based on the purpose of that rifle.
The SB you have is a goat [bleep] but I would guess the "glass" is grrrreat! Was tempted to get one till I saw the specs cause the price seemed right.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very nice....so what do you like about the NF over the S&B then? Why did you decide to go the NF route when it seems you prefer just about everything about the S&B more?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by RHutch
You made the right choice based on the purpose of that rifle.
The SB you have is a goat [bleep] but I would guess the "glass" is grrrreat! Was tempted to get one till I saw the specs cause the price seemed right.

quick study

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Very nice....so what do you like about the NF over the S&B then? Why did you decide to go the NF route when it seems you prefer just about everything about the S&B more?

Don't confuse him.....grin.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by rgrx1276

I went with the Mil-R reticle. Was compared against a S&B Klassik 3-12x50 Illum. P3 reticle, with 13MOA BDC turret.

Originally Posted by Kaleb
which under amor hat fits best for prone shooting and what window decals he went with.

I prefer Kuiu....

Last edited by Hiaring8; 06/08/18.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The MOA turret with Mildot reticle caused me to return the same S&B. I did like a lot about the scope. Would have preferred a bit more than 13 MOA but it would have been fine for most everything 600 yard and in.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 55 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,536
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.