Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So, let me get this straight....

The rapture happens and all o a sudden these donated body parts come flying out of th people they were donated to and the resurrected look like "Transformers" as they rise up to the clouds, former body parts flying in from all over to complete the new/old body?

What about people who are cremated? What happens to their ashes?

Okay, obviously I'm having some fun with this, but think about it in terms of what Christ and Paul actually said. Christ said to let the dead bury the dead. He had little concern about the body after someone had died. In some ways we might even look at Christ's sacrifice and giving His blood for us as an example. Certainly no one is saying that we should donate something we need to live, but I think many of us would be willing to die that those we love could live.

Paul said that if he gave his body to be burned but did not have love he would be nothing.

I think the meaning is that at the resurrection it won't make a bit of diference. There won't be any blind men on Haliluia Square, and the effects o sin will not be felt, other than the scars in the hands and side of our God.

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
steelie, that was one of the best ones yet.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Okay, obviously I'm having some fun with this,

I never said anything would happen, I just asked a question. The only statement I made was that we would be "like Him."

Y'all knock yourselves out. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Do we get to pick our body?

Reckon what would your preference be?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
"As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." Psalm 17:15

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Steelhead, it'll be yours, but perfect ...... I know, I know ...how could it be any more perfect......oh and you'll probably get to use that other 90% of you brain up there too so be careful about eliminating too many cells...(grin)

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Do we get to pick our body?

Reckon what would your preference be?

What ever God gives me will be "PERFECT" and I will be.....Eternally Grateful. grin

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Ain't worried about my preference, just wondering if we get to pick. If so I'm expecting LOTS of beautiful blondes, about 5'7" with PERFECT boobs, cuzz there ain't many women happy with their bodies..........

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
On paper and in casual conversation I would agree with the general consensus here. But having actually gone through the whole gruesome process with a close loved one I decided to not donate organs.

I think the actual system in our area is big business under the thin veil of a non-profit organization. And it seems that poor lower middle class ordinary folks don't get the organs but they sure as shooting do the donating.

I got to asking how much the CEO of our local area consortium made and they flat out would NOT tell me. I asked about details and facts of the recipients and my requests went ignored. I am glad several lives were extended, but all in all I just don't like the whole thing. In the hospital as your dead loved one is kept alive on a machine so the organs can be harvested a super-model professional woman will approach you with a clip board and take you to a room and sit down and ask you to over the list. Will you donate organs, eyes, skin, so forth and so on. I thought my brother in law was either gonna punch her or get up and walk out. He honored my sister's wishes to the tee in fidelity to her but it was more than painful at the time.

If you have indicated on your driver's license that you want to donate go over the questionaire NOW with your wife/husband and answer all the gruesome questions NOW over a morning cup of coffee.

A year later we got an invite to a "testimonial dinner" I sure am glad that rich young lady got a new whatever so she could finish her journalism degree at some ivey league school and go to work for the Washington Post... There were NO blue collar machinists up there giving testimony. Maybe my experience was flawed and seen through the haze of the pain of personal loss; this I admit, but nonetheless I have decided not to donate organs.

Rich people can take their chances without my blue collar kidneys. Maybe if I could designate that my organs be donated ONLY to some young enlisted dude coming back from the Robber-Baron-Oil-Wars...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,898 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,350
Posts18,468,852
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.