Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by North61
I am no fan of Trudeau or his dad but I am not sure I like people outside of the Canadian family criticizing my Prime Minister. The recent verbal attacks by President Trump will surely serve to make PM Trudeau more popular in Canada and most of the democracies of the world.. We don't have a big trade surplus with the USA and each country has some protection for certain sectors. America for example charges 350% on tobacco from Canada.

Kim is an honest guy and Trudeau is a liar? Funny world where you alienate your friends and praise the dictators. This can't end well.

With 'friends' like your liberal pussy boy PM, who needs enemies?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I am no fan of Trudeau or his dad but I am not sure I like people outside of the Canadian family criticizing my Prime Minister. The recent verbal attacks by President Trump will surely serve to make PM Trudeau more popular in Canada and most of the democracies of the world.. We don't have a big trade surplus with the USA and each country has some protection for certain sectors. America for example charges 350% on tobacco from Canada.

Kim is an honest guy and Trudeau is a liar? Funny world where you alienate your friends and praise the dictators. This can't end well.

You also can't see the forest through the trees and are less concerned about the important stuff and more concerned about feelings.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Calling a spade a spade is proper, doesn't matter who calls it. I think your wrong in your belief that Trump calling our limp dick PM will make him more popular. The more Trudeau bends over and swallows the angrier Canadians voters will get. If we still had Harper this free trade debacle with Trump wouldn't be unfolding the way it is.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Diesel
I was wondering what Canadians think about Trudeau in general, and his latest position on tariffs? Any thoughts

As a paid up card carrying Conservative, I can tell you Trump is turning me and plenty of others into Liberals and proud Canadians with our backs up. I spent the entire weekend listening to US news channels on my sat radio and boy is the story ever twisted down south and missing half the information needed for any sane critical thinking.

I find the campfire forum disgusting.................everyone falling all over themselves congratulating Trump for being a boor. His tweet was even all wrong, Trudeau didnt say he would not be pushed around, but that Canadians wouldn't be pushed around. I doubt any Canadian in this room will argue with Trudeau on this point. Nothing in the press release was new news. He simply said he was putting tariffs on steel imported from the US in response to the US imposing tarrifs on imported Canadian Steel. The insult was not even the tariff, but the lame national security threat as the reason. This reason was used only because otherwise it would have been illegal under the US drafted WTO rules.

Fact, Canada is the biggest purchaser and consumer of US goods. That means to most people we are your biggest customer. Thirty six states rely on Canada to take the biggest share of their production. The US is also the biggest purchaser of Canadian goods and services. The trade between the two is almost balanced with the US having sold us slightly more than we sold you last year. This would be your presidents definition of a WIN. This man makes no sense and everyone except he knows it. Your congress is in utter fear of this moron that went bankrupt 4 times. It is obvious why.

For instance, just a few months ago, the US imposed a 300% duty on Canadian aircraft in a bid to kill a sale to Delta, a few months before that it was Canadian lumber. So now the US gov is taxing every 2x4 going into new US home construction.

Yes we have a milk quota system, (kind of like the US has one for sugar) but we still purchaser billions of dollars of US dairy production. The US over produces milk because the US gov subsidizes (pays US farmers) to produce milk. Now somehow its our problem because we dont want it dumped in Canada. Dont forget the US had a trade surplus with Canada in dairy product of something like 400,000,000 last year alone. Now lets not bring up the long standing 300 percent tarif the US has on Canadian tobacco, or that the US pays billions to your farmers to grow corn.We call that a subsidy, dont know what they call it down there. No wonder the rest of the world rolls their eyes when getting lectured about tarifs when the US is so blind to their own.

Back to steel, your supreme leader imposes tarrisf on Canadian steel and aluminum under a BS rule then gets outraged when we do the same. The really funny part is Canada sells more steel to the US than anyone else, BUT we buy even more from the US than we sell to you, for our needs.So when the tarrifs start to bounce back it the US workers that will be feeling the pain too. Ditto US farmers.

I challenge everyone in this room to boycott all things made in the US, until your president finds another punching bag. As a Canadian I take it personally just the way Trump meant it. Today Trump added a threat to our economy.

I invite any American to point out exactly where we are taking advantage of you. And regardless of the anti Trudeau sentiment in here................for the record all the Canadian politicians have declared their support for our PM because its the RIGHT THING TO DO........................something no longer being done in the US.

Last edited by tangozulu; 06/12/18.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Tangozulu.....can we exempt Nosler Partitions from the boycott?

A little reality about the Trade "deficit" from CBS news.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-trade-deficit-fact-check-trump-claim-g7-summit/

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just checked my Nosler supply and Im good.........................sorry the boycott stands. smile

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Trudy needs to fire his tailor - his blue suit looked one size too small.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
RVB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What is this "critical thinking" you speak of? USA! USA! The best country in the world..........if you've never traveled.

All jokes aside, I don't know the source, but was told the state of Wisconsin alone could supply all of Canada's dairy needs. We've all been irritated at the price of dairy compared to the US at times, but I'm also kind of supportive of Canadian dairy farmers and their family owned farms as well.

Cheers,

R

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I could wish that people would stop seeing politics as "this one or that one". As a rule, politicians on both sides are corrupt, scheming, lying POS's. Some, like many in the current crop of Dems in the US, just stand out more. But Obama was a scumbag. And Bush before him was a criminal and a scumbag, and Clinton before him was a criminal and a scumbag.

I wonder what Canadians would say to Kathy O'Brien's detailed assertions that she was taken into Canada several times as a girl when Pierre was PM, and spent much time with him getting molested, raped, assaulted, along with a bunch of other girls. She gave testimony before the US Congress detailing all of it. I wish more Americans knew her story, too. It would surprise many. Most interesting is who took her over into Canada. He served as POTUS later. Strangely, no one would even address Kathy's, and others' testimony before Congress, where they named names and described events and places that they couldn't know unless they'd been there.

I wonder where that leaves Junior Trudeau? What is his "flavor"?

Last edited by HuntnShoot; 06/14/18.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
This Cathy O'Brien?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_O%27Brien_(conspiracy_theorist)

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
Possibly one of our American friends can answer a question for me. My understanding is that your dairy farmers over produce milk to the extent that they end up dumping millions of gallons each year. is this correct?

Jim

Somewhat true, which i think is part of Trump's complaint in that the milk goes to waste since it can't be profitably exported to Canada and other countries due to high tariffs.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by tangozulu
[quote=Diesel]I..............for the record all the Canadian politicians have declared their support for our PM because its the RIGHT THING TO DO........................something no longer being done in the US.

It's the right thing for Canada and I completely understand that, but it isn't the right thing for the US so why are you good to go when you're leader does what he thinks is in the best interest of his people but encourage Americans to resist when their leader does something in their best interest?

Canada, and a lot of other U.S. allies remind me of a cousin i had one time who was always borrowing lunch money as he was broke, but had lots of nice shiny new toys. This went on for years until it finally dawned on me that the reason I couldn't afford more shiny new toys is that all my extra money was being given to him so I cut him off. He was fairly indignant about it and we didn't speak for a couple years, but it was the right thing for me to do at the time and I really didn't miss hanging out with him that much since it gave me more time to play with my new stuff.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I hate Justin & all he (personally) stands for !

Trump is a better proposition for you guys than the alternative, I'll grant you that.

However, Trump is seen (due to his own stupidity) by the rest of the world as a bombastic idiot, who shoots off his mouth with no regard to the truth.

According to this link which was posted earlier, which it seems no one chose to read, may AGAIN be the case here.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/china-trade-deficit-fact-check-trump-claim-g7-summit/

Bit like Justin stating, after a recent shooting, that he would bring to law, that no one would be able to buy ammunition without a license, thus making it safer for all !

You have not been able to purchase any form of ammunition, or firearm here, without your PAL (possession acquisition licence), for well over 20 years.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Canada bashing, who would have ever thought it?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Possibly one of our American friends can answer a question for me. My understanding is that your dairy farmers over produce milk to the extent that they end up dumping millions of gallons each year. is this correct?

Jim

Somewhat true, which i think is part of Trump's complaint in that the milk goes to waste since it can't be profitably exported to Canada and other countries due to high tariffs.

So is it your thought that Canada should eliminate our protection for the dairy industry so the US producers can destroy the Canadian producers. Sorry, I have family in that line of farming and I can't support throwing them onto the welfare lines.

Jim

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Hopefully Canada and the rest of the world will have someone else to deal with in a few years and we can go back to the give and take necessary for all partnerships. Looking at Trades and Services; Canada is one of the few countries in a deficit position with the USA. The original NAFTA deal had a great deal of give and take. You had patriotic smart negotiators on both sides of the border, but people who had the wisdom to see that compromise is not surrender. Some sectors in both countries were protected. American Tobacco.... Canadian Milk.... etc. President Trump seems to be asking for capitulation and focusing on just one sector..... It won't happen. Won't matter who is in power here, the vast majority of the Canadian public won't allow allow it. President Trump has a winner take all strategy. He does not believe in a Win-Win solution. In such a world you have no partners only competitors. I predict American First will end up looking very much like America Alone. The G7 has already become the G6 +1

It's hilarious to me that President Trump placed a 25% duty on Canadian Aluminum. We can sell Aluminum cheaper than you can produce it. The refineries in Quebec use cheap hydro power that make for extremely cost efficient product. Now American industry has to pay more for raw materials. This will make American finished product (like cars) more expensive and less competitive. Who wins here? I hate this. It is stupid and destructive. China and Russia must be having a good laugh! Remarkable.

Last edited by North61; 06/14/18.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Kellywk

Jim

Yes but the US Gov Pays American farmers to overproduce, hardly thye bastion of free traders the US is claiming to be. This is what Trump accuses everyone else but the US does. He is entitled to his own opinion but not his own facts. Trump is even on record admitting he just made up the idea that Canada had a trade surplus with the US.............just Google it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump criticizing Trudeau is not changing anybody's mind about Trudeau.

It's coming out this weekend that Trump had offered Trudeau a trade deal. That deal may be off the table because of the way Trudeau behaved at the news conference after the G7. Drama boy decides to go off script and embarrasses Trump on his way to negotiate with Rocket Man. I'd be pissed too.

In the house yesterday,Trudeau won't confirm one way or another whether a deal had been made or if Trump had made a concession. So something did happen and he knows he blew it.

Thanks Justin!

Someone asked about refineries. They cost a lot of money. No one wants them near their home. Government regulations. Greenies. Idiots who think there is a viable alternative to fossil fuels that is ready to go. Just shut in the oil and everything will be fine, we don't need it. So pretty much like the US. smile you have to remember our economy is 1/10 the size of your, spread out over a vast area. We still need pipelines to move product.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It's coming out this weekend that Trump had offered Trudeau a trade deal. That deal may be off the table because of the way Trudeau behaved at the news conference after the G7. Drama boy decides to go off script and embarrasses Trump on his way to negotiate with Rocket Man. I'd be pissed too.

In the house yesterday,Trudeau won't confirm one way or another whether a deal had been made or if Trump had made a concession. So something did happen and he knows he blew it.

Thanks Justin!

Someone asked about refineries. They cost a lot of money. No one wants them near their home. Government regulations. Greenies. Idiots who think there is a viable alternative to fossil fuels that is ready to go. Just shut in the oil and everything will be fine, we don't need it. So pretty much like the US. smile you have to remember our economy is 1/10 the size of your, spread out over a vast area. We still need pipelines to move product.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

probably not the intended purpose

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 54 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,078
Posts18,463,841
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.