Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
here is my CBC AR 762x39
whole kit for $350? minus the stripped lower. they are having sale right now for 319 for everything but the lower.
[Linked Image]

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dammm
That is a great deal for sure.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Nice looking rig there, Dre.

Looks like a nice deal on that package.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you thank you.
I think the quality is excellent for the money.
I just ordered a new 556 from them. https://www.cbcindustries.com/colle...r-15-buttstock-kit-ar-15-lower-parts-kit
My dpms tpr with 20” is little too much weight to be a fun plinking gun.
They have 300 BO for same price, but I’m sure they’d work with you if you wanted 76239

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thats not bad, I don't see normal 223 for PSA often much below 300 for basically a similar kit.

If I wasn't short one more RMR and 2 new Glock barrels I"d jump all over that.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dre
here is my CBC AR 762x39
whole kit for $350? minus the stripped lower. they are having sale right now for 319 for everything but the lower.
[Linked Image]

Very nice Dre. I shot against a guy today, in an AR shoot, and he was sporting a real nice 7.62x39 AR15. Very cool rifle. His is quite accurate as well. No hiccups during today's shoot either. You'll have to let us know how well it shoots for you. My buddy says his "shoots better than he does". I believe he bought his as a package deal from model 1 sales. I guess he bought his upper for around $300.00 "on sale". Not bad for a great shooting rifle upper...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks bud!
CBC has 10% off today. Code “Dad10” and free shipping.
She shoots good for the only one time I had her out to sight the scope in.
No jambs or anything using cheap ammo.
Like I said before the quality is great for the money

Last edited by Dre; 06/17/18.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Did some 100 yard accuracy testing today. Tried two ammo types. Tula 124gr FMJ, and Tula 154gr SP. Both were about the same 3-4 inches at 100 yards.

Conditions were: temp 70F, winds 5-20 mph from 6 o'clock. Winds were wobbling my shooting bench a bit, those groups might be an inch or so smaller off a concrete bench or from the ground. The grass was too much for me to get on the ground though, I wouldn't have seen my target.

At this point I'm enjoying this rifle. I took it out to 600 yards on some rocks. The difference is that normally with the 308 I'd be shooting at grapefruit-size rocks at 600. With this 7.62x39 I'm shooting at rocks the size of a mini-fridge at 600...….grin

The rifle functioned 100% through about 50 rounds of 124gr FMJ. It bobbled twice going through 40 rounds of the 154gr SP. The soft lead tip looked a bit flattened as if it had slammed into the feed ramp. Going forward I'll skip the soft-point ammo.

A few pics,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm weighing up a permanent sight for this rig and find myself deciding on going with iron sight, maybe a fixed Troy or DD, or maybe a 3X prism optic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been using a PSA model "KS-47" which is basically an AR that accepts AK magazines. The rifle shoots well, and has worked flawlessly. There are some limits about what mags it will take, but metal Combloc mags are fine, as are Magpuls. It was a lot less expensive than similar rifles such as the CMMG, or milled AK's.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Does the KS47 use a standard lower with insert or some such, or is it a dedicated lower?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
It's a dedicated lower on the KS47. Looks pretty slick.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-ks47-classic-carbine.html

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
correct.

A downside is that there is no last-shot-hold-bolt-open feature. Also some aftermarket triggers (like a Timney) will not clear the mag release.

The kit I bought came with a m-lock forend and a nitrided barrel. It shoots well with good ammo and should be tough enough to tolerate mil-surp

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
correct.

A downside is that there is no last-shot-hold-bolt-open feature. Also some aftermarket triggers (like a Timney) will not clear the mag release.

The kit I bought came with a m-lock forend and a nitrided barrel. It shoots well with good ammo and should be tough enough to tolerate mil-surp

Tex,

What ammo does it like, and can you hold an inch with 5 shots?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Gents..I know there’s a few of us here that have these and really seem to enjoy them for what they are so I’ll keep this going..
My Daytona Tactical That has so far been flawless just quit on me..
My brother was shooting it and had about 2 or 3 rounds that suddenly weren’t feeding properly.. he cleared them and pressed on. Then at the last shot the bolt got stuck tight and would not open. We were up in the hills so didn’t have many tools available and could not get it to clear. As it was an empty case in the chamber I put it away to be looked into closer at home.
As it was being packed up he noticed a broken bolt lug laying on the bench..I’ve read about that being somewhat common so assumed that was the issue and kept the piece and put the gun away.

I’ll try to explain this the best I can so bear with me..
Upon closer inspection looking at the bolt it seems the bolt did not “cam/rotate” as 3 of the bottom lugs had come straight back and embedded themselves into the feed ramp. It’s an m4 ramp and one lug had dug in either side of the ramp and one lug directly in the center..
Everything is kept pretty wet on that gun and never an issue before.
I’m not going to beat on the thing or even disassemble it as I’ve got an email in and would like to see what they say. Without having it apart it’s hard to tell what the culprit may be but just thought I’d share
Anybody want to hazard a guess? Broken Extractor maybe? Would a broken lug by itself cause the bolt to come back in such a manner? I don’t know as I don’t break too many parts.
I will definetly follow up here when I know more

Approx 1800-2000 rounds on the rifle

Last edited by Certifiable; 07/02/18.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Broken cam pin?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That’s what I somewhat suspected.. that’s a fairly robust pin tho but anything is possible

She's gone shootin..
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
That's interesting and good to hear about.

What buffer weight were you using?

I put the rifle azz-end on mine thinking the 5 oz rifle buffer might be a good idea, but maybe an H3 in a carbine would be about the same.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It's also got a fairly big hole in that pin and wouldn't be the first one to break.

But I'm just guessing of course, it will be interesting to see what happened.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
Broken cam pin?

That would be my guess too, but you would think it would take an awful lot to break it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
That's interesting and good to hear about.

What buffer weight were you using?

I put the rifle azz-end on mine thinking the 5 oz rifle buffer might be a good idea, but maybe an H3 in a carbine would be about the same.

MM, I can’t recall off the top of my head so will pull it out and check tonight. Email sent on the 28th and no response yet...

She's gone shootin..
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, BallisticBRYAN, 11 invisible), 1,566 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,207
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.