-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You killed a Daytona Tactical??? Shame on you.

I'd have to rip it apart. No way I could wait on the reply.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I might still do just that Flave.. just didn’t want to get any grief from them about doing so. But at this rate it’s looking like I shoulda stayed with Flave precision..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hahaha.

They might give you a new upper. Or they might tell you to GFY.

They appear to be a "fire and forget" type company but I have zero complaints about their products.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Considering the 3-4 moa accuracy of the rusky ammo, I decided to save some weight. Pulled the optic and put a Troy fixed rear sight on this carbine. Midway has the sight marked down to $42, so I went with it.

Crunched some numbers on JBM and it looks like a 39 yard zero will keep trajectory and line-of-sight within 2 inches of each other out to 200 yards, and about 15" drop at 300. So I'll roll with that.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Also found some 20-round ASC magazines at J&G Sales. I like the size of the 20 better than the 30 rounder.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
After sending a second email asking wtf Daytona responded saying if I had a problem to send it in for inspection or repair.. I’ll box it up and ship it off this week and will follow up.
Can’t say I’m overly warm/fuzzy but will see how it goes

She's gone shootin..
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Don't you EVER doubt Daytona Tactical.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Broseph I’m trying not to.. but when they only respond after a second prodding 10 days later I be gettin leery...
I was gonna put in a call to Local Dirt to go shake them boys up but they came around just in time

She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cert, say the word. I'm retired now and have time to go badger them and talk loud, if you need. smile

I'll just pretend i don't hear so good.. which isn't far from the truth. Too much loud music and bang sticks with no ear protection in my yute.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hey, I just figured out what Daytona meant! I live pretty close to them fugkers!

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Broseph I’m trying not to.. but when they only respond after a second prodding 10 days later I be gettin leery...
I was gonna put in a call to Local Dirt to go shake them boys up but they came around just in time

I'm thinkin' anybody slappin' uppers and 80% kits together at those prices probably has a different definition of "quick turn around" than you and I do.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Hey, I just figured out what Daytona meant! I live pretty close to them fugkers!

About the same distance from your place now as going to shrap's dogtown from Havre. smile

But, you don't have to drive 120 miles rt for groceries anymore.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Took the 7.62x39 out today to get the Troy rear sight dialed in.

After crunching some numbers on JBM it looked like a 39-yard zero would keep the trajectory within 2 inches of LOS out to 200 yards. Here's the trajectory table:

[Linked Image]

I was surprised at 39 yards it was shooting under 1" three shot groups.

When I went to 100 yards, it opened up to about 4", for 9 of 10, with one high flier out of the group. I guess that is what low quality (poorly balanced?) bullets do. My 100 yard group was about right for predicted traj of +1.9". But I did refine windage left a couple clicks. My 100 yard group with the irons was about the same size I shot using the optics earlier on.

100 yard target, 10 rounds,

[Linked Image]

I was shooting off a table with a bipod up front, and a beanbag aft.

At 165 yards I was smacking a basketball size rock no problem, traj was right on. For S&G, I tried hitting some stuff out around 400-600 yards. I used the big aperture and held the post above center. Not bad results at 300-400, but at 600 It was at best 'suppressing fire'.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I shot about 80 rounds for the day. The 20 round ASC magazines worked well. No failures of any kind for the rifle or magazine.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Shane, I think your results will improve when you've dumped all that TulAmmo, and move up to at least Wolf. This guy works a lot with the 7.62x39. As you would expect, Lapua shines above all other. If you can get past this guy's accent, he does offer up good information.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nephew loads 125 ballistic tips and I've killed yotes past 500 with his stuff in a model one sales upper... I don't care for BT normally but at this speed the open up just right on game out to about 200 or so yards, no blow ups.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Shane, I think your results will improve when you've dumped all that TulAmmo, and move up to at least Wolf. This guy works a lot with the 7.62x39. As you would expect, Lapua shines above all other. If you can get past this guy's accent, he does offer up good information.

I've watched many of his videos. He always tells it like it is.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
I'll give Wolf a try.

My mindset going in to the 7.62x39 was that I didn't want to handload for it. Rather, take advantage of low cost ammo.

Who knows, I might end up handloading a bit too.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Depends on what you want it for really. I can see the cheap ammo part... but cheap accuracy just bothers the hell out of me for some reason. I don't know if I've shot 500 rounds of ball 5.56 in my whole life.

My poly tech AK sucks so bad with ball ammo it sits in the safe since the 90s. Though I really should try some reloads to see if it is any better... but no time..

If I wanted to simply blast, hands down I'd buy SKS till I found an accurate one with ball and buy about 10 cases of ammo that shot ok in the SKS. I've seen them shoot much better than AKs.

So in many ways, an non accurate AR doesn't interest me.

Will be cool to see how accurate you get by swapping ammo.

I know there is a wolf 22rimfire that would scare the heck out of Federal 900 in our match AR 22lr upper.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That dude needs to learn trigger control and a few other things. couldn't get past the fact he is saying accuracy testing and is slapping the trigger and resting the gun on its mag... ugh

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1OntarioJim, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 73 invisible), 2,997 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,335
Posts18,468,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.