Hop To
Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25
B
bhoges Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Over last weekend I was at a shoot. Someone next to me had a scope failure. This brand is cheap junk. I know they are but I don't go out of my way to flame them. I could care less. I just don't understand the level guys have devoted to flaming Tract. I just purchased a Vortex AMG that won't focus at 25 yards. [bleep] happens I'm not going to trash all their products over it. People ask how I tested the Tract scopes. Just read my review. Same test is don't on every scope. I used tracking targets from Benchtoboxprecision. Why I get personally attacked is funny. I don't own the company or have any pull. If they choose to release items for testing or track down the lost scope that's on them. All I can do is relay messages. I'm not a product engineer so I don't have detailed knowledge of their inner workings. I wouldn't compare 99% of the scope out there to Nightforce. They are proven tanks. But to compare Tract to them isn't fare. If SWFA is a great scope good for them. I'm not saying Tract is the best in the world just they are great scopes for the money. If you like brand x buy it I could care less.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
People see what they want to see. People complain about reticles, glass, weight, size... What do you want to bet that every single person that claims they “can’t see” the reticle, or the glass is “ok”- would have ZERO issues finding and killing a 200” buck standing in front of them in legal light...?

You'd lose that bet, guaranteed, at least as to the reticle. I've tested my SS MIL/MIL near the end of legal shooting hours, in the shadows of my own yard, and I'd be hard-pressed to make an accurate shot with it under those lighting conditions. Others, even the Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9 duplex I just paid a whopping $60 for on clearance, were perfectly usable, because the heavy portion of the reticle extends to nearly the center. That's not speculation, it's the way it is. In the open, even open hardwoods after the leaves are down, it'd be fine, but I need something I can aim with where the game goes, not where I'd like them to.

No argument with anything else you've said, but I see what I see.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Pappy348
People see what they want to see. People complain about reticles, glass, weight, size... What do you want to bet that every single person that claims they “can’t see” the reticle, or the glass is “ok”- would have ZERO issues finding and killing a 200” buck standing in front of them in legal light...?

You'd lose that bet, guaranteed, at least as to the reticle. I've tested my SS MIL/MIL near the end of legal shooting hours, in the shadows of my own yard, and I'd be hard-pressed to make an accurate shot with it under those lighting conditions. Others, even the Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9 duplex I just paid a whopping $60 for on clearance, were perfectly usable, because the heavy portion of the reticle extends to nearly the center. That's not speculation, it's the way it is. In the open, even open hardwoods after the leaves are down, it'd be fine, but I need something I can aim with where the game goes, not where I'd like them to.

No argument with anything else you've said, but I see what I see.

Reticles matter. Thicker subtensions are going to be easier to see in dim light and heavy brush or areas with broken backgrounds.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, they do. That leaves us with fewer choices if we want reliability and something we can aim with under all lighting conditions. The SHV with Forceplex is looking better and better, at least in the Under a Grand category.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nobody is “personally attacking you”.... lets leave the “everyone is picking on me” martyr card to the snowflakes.

Generally speaking, Tract flamed themselves..... and your cop-outs (as outlined by 4th Point above) aren’t doing you, or Tract, any favors.

The more you talk about Tract,.... the more suspicious and skeptical a lot of us become. This thread has done nothing positive for Tract, or for your credibility as a “spokesman”.

Tract should pull the plug on their forum representation plan, and let the optics speak for themselves. If they can hang... it’ll work out. If they can’t hang.... then no amount of continued lip service from Tract, or their “spokespeople” will save them.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by bhoges
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
.... and how were they tested?

Does it really matter? No matter how I tested it you'll say I was flawed or have a vested interest.
I've tested the Toric and Tekoa out to 700 yards and the 22 out to 50 yards. I myself haven't tested the new 30mm model as of yet. I'd say I've run about 6 scopes on my rifles.

Enough with the BS. Let's make this absolutely, positively clear. This is your thread, about the products that you represent. Answer the questions. It's that simple.

Doug vouched for you and said you'd find the answers if you didn't know them (page 1). Well, crap, you and Doug look like clowns in many minds.

This can go round and round, but in the end you, Tract, and Doug will look like idiots until you start taking the bull by the horns and being honest.

I'd leave Doug out of it. It's not his place to field and answer these questions.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by bhoges
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
.... and how were they tested?

Does it really matter? No matter how I tested it you'll say I was flawed or have a vested interest.
I've tested the Toric and Tekoa out to 700 yards and the 22 out to 50 yards. I myself haven't tested the new 30mm model as of yet. I'd say I've run about 6 scopes on my rifles.

Enough with the BS. Let's make this absolutely, positively clear. This is your thread, about the products that you represent. Answer the questions. It's that simple.

Doug vouched for you and said you'd find the answers if you didn't know them (page 1). Well, crap, you and Doug look like clowns in many minds.

This can go round and round, but in the end you, Tract, and Doug will look like idiots until you start taking the bull by the horns and being honest.

I'd leave Doug out of it. It's not his place to field and answer these questions.

I don't either Tract or Doug look like idiots or clowns.

Last edited by GrimJim; 07/16/18.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
One is deabatable, the other is not.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I went to an MMA event the other night and an optics forum broke out.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane

ROR!!!!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

B
bhoges Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I know right. Its ok, I know I can't make everyone happy.

NRA LIfe Member, Colt, Sig, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armorer, NYBIN , NYPD Firearms Examiner, Serial Number Restoration, Cerakote, Gunkote, and Duracoat finishes
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SKane

This is the funniest thing I’ve read in a while. Hilarious!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Wow!!!! What a joke! A total of about 5 people still thinking they speak for the entire campfire😁

A few facts for those who are listening in

1. Some of our campfire members have used the Tract scopes and have reported very positive remarks
2. Some who have never even seen the scope are sceptical and have an opinion based on zero experience.......Really? Almost hilarious!!!
3. Our own John Barsness had positive comments regarding a Tract scope and the manufacturer from which it came.
4. A few clowns are still trying to compare a $750 scope to a $3000 Nightforce.
5. Most people who read this thread see a scope that's getting great reviews from those who use it and a few self appointed idiots with zero experience with Tract bashing the brand.
6. This thread helps Tract not hurt it!

The fact is a very large percentage of the campfire has witnessed the arrogance and ignorance of the cocky self appointed hero crowd who don't speak for 99% of us. Let's be CLEAR! You jokers speak for each other and it amounts to less than a drop of piss in a large bucket.😁

I would propose that bhoges answers realistic questions from realistic members. Makes sense and sounds fair to 99% of us.

Comparing a great midrange scope to a Nightforce is pure ignorance at best.

Bashing Doug is is way out of line and I'm guessing will not be received well by a large margin of us campfire members. It's a good thing you piss ants have each other's back because its just about all you've got

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 07/16/18.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A NF SHV can be had for $850 new and less on a sale... That puts the Torric in a comparable queue with NF does it not? 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Trystan
Wow!!!! What a joke! A total of about 5 people still thinking they speak for the entire campfire😁...//...I would propose that bhoges answers realistic questions from realistic members. Makes sense and sounds fair to 99% of us...

Trystan

...and you speak for the 10,000+ other members!?

Who appointed you as their spokesman?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trystan, Who hurt you? Can somebody send him a stuffed doll so he can point to all his pain? JFC! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Trystan, Who hurt you? Can somebody send him a stuffed doll so he can point to all his pain? JFC! 😎

LMFAO

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Beaver10
A NF SHV can be had for $850 new and less on a sale... That puts the Torric in a comparable queue with NF does it not? 😎

The Toric and SHV seem to be direct competitors. If I were more familiar with the SHV eye relief and Forceplex reticle, I would be more certain whether they are competing for my needs. I would have to try or at least see one.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I was thinking about this thread last night and remembered some scope reviews from decades ago. When Nightforce first came along they advertised their wares highlighting their repeatability and toughness. Shortly thereafter, someone did a review and generally confirmed the repeatability but noted there was a significant point of impact shift from low power to high power. As I recall, the response was we need to tighten up the mechanics,, but in any event, most folks shoot at the highest magnification so there’s not really a problem (implying variable scopes really weren’t necessary). This was before Al Gore invented the internet..... Can you imagine how some would bash the company for such nonsense on this forum today? I’ve never seen a new company avoid growing pains or not needing to tighten manufacturing, reign in ignorant sales reps, or adjust the messaging to consumers. Now, if NF would only get their illuminated plex reticles shipping, I’d jump onboard and do my own testing:)

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I suppose we could take a poll and find out if there is more than 5 members on this forum that think Tract won't answer questions straight up and prove by testing that their scopes are as good as they say, but then someone would say that these poll voters are just idiots or whiners.

Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (450yukon, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 35sambar, 345dl, 24 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,645
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.