Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]

https://youtu.be/9RvEpV5PoYc

Due to the hustle of everyday life, it took me a little longer to get my son his first fish than I wanted. We’ve tried a few times over the last year but had been unsuccessful thus far to a variety of reasons like the time he hooked one, got it up to the dock then proceeded to try and beat it to death with the tip of his rod while it was still in the water :palm: if that wasn’t enough he got so frustrated he then threw the whole shbang, fish still hooked, into the lake.

I caught my first fish when I was 2 1/2 and I got my (much more patient and astute listening) daughter her first at 2 1/2 also. The sun will not set on any kid of mine’s 3rd birthday without landing a fish wink

So when it dawned on me that his birthday was nearing I didn’t let anything stand in my way. I picked him up early from preschool and we headed to the neatest body of water that had been stocked recently and put the canoe in the water. He was born 6/5/15 at 2:55pm. On 6/5/18 at 2:14pm he landed his first fish. Down to the wire of keeping the streak of first fish before age 3 going! By the end of the day he was recognizing a bite all on his own. Pretty cool to see the anticipation build as he was getting a bite and then turn to excitement when he got a hook in it! He had never touched a spinning reel before that day. It was cool to see him nail it when it come to handling a rod smile

Parenting win in my book. He literally woke up this morning talking about fishing as if he was reliving the day through his dreams!

You may notice the, “It’s a boy!” pin I’m wearing. No I didn’t have another son on the same day. That pin was given to my dad, by the hospital when I was born, who wore it religiously every year on my birthday. when I had a son of my own, he passed it down to me to keep the tradition alive smile

My apologies for the lack of production on the video. It’s way easier to copy and paste a YouTube link than up load/text individual video clips to everyone.

Thanks for looking

"When the last deer disappears into the morning mist, When the last elk vanishes from the hills, When the last buffalo falls on the plains, I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom." Chief Joseph
GB2

R
RNF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Looks like a lot of fun and some great memories made.

A gun in the hand is worth more than the entire police force on the phone.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just saw this in the Kids @ the Campfire forum.

Thumbs up !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pics like that can give you heart that America is still Ok.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations to your son and proud dad. My younger son was that age when he hooked and landed his first fish. About 8" trout, he stood there and and actually pumped the rod up and down without any help from me. After he landed the trout I decided to keep it for supper and whacked it on the head on a nearby rock. As I was baiting the hook for him to try again I heard a splash and my son says "back in water". He had tossed the dead fish back like had seen me do countless times. Will never let him forget that, it was priceless (did recover the fish).

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Any boy that eats his cookie with fish slime on his hands is going to be a fisherman. powdr

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, definitely thumbs up!

H
H
Very nice, congrats! The journey has officially begun. smile

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Congrats

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Thank you for reminding me of my own father.
He took me fishing very young also.
Ruined me for life

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
736 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,711 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,624
Posts18,398,651
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.