Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
slm9s Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Just bought an older Alumaweld Formula Vee that has no stereo. I'm wanting to put one in. I don't have much music on my phone and I've never really streamed music before. What should I look for?
I have a little bit of music on my computer I could put on a sd card or usb, but I'll mostly be listening to the radio - music and talk radio.
Are there streaming services that go thru the radio, or just thru my phone played over the radio?
I have bluetooth for phone calls in my truck that is nice, do you guys use that on your boat?

I'll probalby just mount 2 6.5" speakers and call it good.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
you can't stand to be out in the boat without a radio screwing up the peace and quiet? sad

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slm9s
Just bought an older Alumaweld Formula Vee that has no stereo. I'm wanting to put one in. I don't have much music on my phone and I've never really streamed music before. What should I look for?
I have a little bit of music on my computer I could put on a sd card or usb, but I'll mostly be listening to the radio - music and talk radio.
Are there streaming services that go thru the radio, or just thru my phone played over the radio?
I have bluetooth for phone calls in my truck that is nice, do you guys use that on your boat?

I'll probalby just mount 2 6.5" speakers and call it good.

I recently bought a Pyle Hydra head unit. It comes with 4 6.5" waterproof speakers. The head unit is a stereo receiver and connects through bluetooth, and also has an SD card reader built in. I am waiting on my boat to arrive to install it but I think it will do well. It also allows you to make hands free calls through your phone just like your vehicle bluetooth.

Originally Posted by fubarguy
you can't stand to be out in the boat without a radio screwing up the peace and quiet? sad

To each their own. The majority of the commercial trollers I have seen have music blaring while they are working. Make the time pass a lot faster and helps keep them awake. I am putting it in because I don't want to sit in my boat by myself listening to the motor run for hours on end.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Depends, what kind of music do fish like?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
What to look for in a stereo for a boat??

The off button would be my first choice.

MOLON LABE
IC B2

35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
90 % of the boats that I outfit get Fusion stereos.
https://www.fusionentertainment.com/marine

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I look for the "off" button.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan

Amen!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Slow day trolling or chumming on calm water, music keeps you sane. Used to listen to the idiots bantering on the UHF, but everybody's went to talking on cell phones now.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan

Amen!

Absolutely, a functioning OFF button is the only requisite.

On a similar note, I’d put in for a device that lets one access the off buttons on nearby boater’s stereos.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Slow day trolling or chumming on calm water, music keeps you sane. Used to listen to the idiots bantering on the UHF, but everybody's went to talking on cell phones now.

Yea, offshore is another matter.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I fish a fishery that has an average of one bite per 10 hours of fishing, I know what slow is, but I still don't want a radio on my boat.
Do you listen to a radio when hunting? Or do you enjoy the outdoors and being away from the noise of daily life?

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We have a magnum stereo at home and it's not been on for over a year. For sure I will not poison the out of doors with a unit in my boat.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife is pretty easy to get along with and very rarely nags. But, nag she did until I took a certain son-in-law fishing, I have no regard for him and even less after one fishing trip. My boat had a stereo that had been used maybe two or three times in ten years so he took it upon himself to turn on some head banging rock. He was told politely to turn that sheit off. "That's the music I like" was his only reply" and even turned it back on when I turned it off. Unplugging the power and antenna took only seconds and it went overboard in 200' of water. Son-in-law shut up and the stereo hasn't been replaced.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Stand proud there.

1Minute
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fubarguy

This.

It's a hell of long trip when you're on someone's boat and have to listen to a stereo blasting.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I recently put a Boss Marine round unit with USB and Bluetooth in my 18' Maycraft. It came with (2) 6.5" marine speakers that I installed on the sides of the console. Often in the summer we will take the boats out to a sand bar and beach them and have some beverages while hanging out. I've been happy thus far and the 6.5" speakers are plenty loud to hear even when going down the lake. I think I gave less than $100 on Amazon for the package when it was on sale.

https://www.amazon.com/BOSS-Audio-R...mp;sr=8-4&keywords=boss+marine+round

Having the radio is nice when you're out drowning bait waiting on a big drum. My boat is a do-all...hunt, fish, family, etc so I wanted the radio.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ward
My wife is pretty easy to get along with and very rarely nags. But, nag she did until I took a certain son-in-law fishing, I have no regard for him and even less after one fishing trip. My boat had a stereo that had been used maybe two or three times in ten years so he took it upon himself to turn on some head banging rock. He was told politely to turn that sheit off. "That's the music I like" was his only reply" and even turned it back on when I turned it off. Unplugging the power and antenna took only seconds and it went overboard in 200' of water. Son-in-law shut up and the stereo hasn't been replaced.

You threw the wrong thing overboard. LOL.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amazing how so many worry about what others do.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 19 invisible), 1,394 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,216
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.