-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope to make it, but we've been slammed at work and I just a per quit yesterday. So it depends a lot on whether or not I can get people hired by then.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good that more NM folks - Anjin and elkhunernm - are headed in as well, and to hear that we again will be getting that unique dose of TexArk flavoring with miles, Edtoomany, kaywoodie, Rio7 and (we hope) tex-n-cal.

Now, where is Oldman? And, Curdog maybe? Anyone from OR, WA, CO, WY, MT?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
CCCC, You'all getting any rain yet, just talked to my son in Durango,Colo. he was dancing on the back porch with the girls it was raining very hard,the fires are getting within a couple of miles of his house, he said the smoke is so bad in town that the town is almost empty, no traffic at all. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blue, that fire up there is a bad one and not being well-controlled. Unfortunately, your son's place may be endangered, but the rain may help.

We've had a big helping of forest fires near here and a very few drops of rain - not enough to wet your whistle. Parched and brown - and dusty. The cervids are hurting bad and oso negro scratching around where they should not be. It clouded up this AM and we've been hoping all day - I've been working in a garage and keeping the big door open for cool air and watching for the clouds to drop lower - but they are still too high and it's coming up on 5pm. This ain't fun.

mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Rain over in the Chiricahuas today, lots of cumulus around...radar shows quite a bit of activity west of us in SE Arizona.

Last edited by mudhen; 06/14/18.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll be there. Really need to check weekly on forest restrictions. Here in AZ, the Forest Service just lowered from category 3 to category 2 which means that you can camp, and have a contained propane stove for cooking. No charcoal, no propane fire rings. Also, just because you can cook, does not mean that shooting is allowed. Monsoon season is upon us, Pray for rain, maybe we'll get lucky.

Jeff

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ah yes, the yearly "family" reunion.

If work allows will be there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am planning to be there. Don't know if my wife will be able to make it or not. A lot depends on the rain. Everyone around here is hauling water. Looked real promising down towards Sierra Vista tonight. Supposed to be a better chance of rain tomorrow and even better chance on Saturday. Might wait till Saturday to do a rain dance. Timing has a lot to do with the success of said rain dance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As Norm stated, my daughter Julia and I plan on attending, barring unforeseen circumstances. Julia is excited to see Mary again as they both had a blast last summer. Hopefully Cadence (and her dog Oliver) will make it this year as well. The summer before last, on the last day of the campout, Cadence was the dirtiest little girl I had ever seen - she and Julia sure did have fun. Hopefully, there'll be a whole passel of youngsters this year - it's supremely important to expose the younger generation to the outdoors.

I was planning on cooking for Julia and I over the campfire, but I am happy to bring a few needed supplies for the group.

Hopefully, rain will bless this endeavor.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/15/18.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On my calendar. Hopefully will be able to make it this year. You guys getting any rain out of this tornado? It's supposed to reach up to here in Colorado and may put out some fires.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
ttt

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Up

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Once again, I will be at our place in north Idaho. Some day...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
No way this year, but hope to make one of these get togathers in a year or two!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So what is the weather usually like there? My wife, terrified of the outdoors, is going to sleep in the truck. I usually use a lean-to. How much rain is there, and how low does it get at night?

If the wife comes, and we are allowed to cook, this should be good.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ranger_Green: Weather is usually nice. Warm during the day, but certainly not hot. Rain was sparse and light last summer. As stated, rain has been sparse/non-existant during this past winter and spring up there and the summer rains have not started yet. We won't know the rain situation until we get closer to the date of the campout. Could be very little, could be a decent amount - just have to wait and see. Nights start off coolish, but a bit warm and then get cooler as the night progresses - maybe 55ish early in the AM.

Your wife will have a big time - lots of great and friendly people.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/15/18.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
AND - AFAIK - no poisonous snakes.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Place for RV's?

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
We've taken a 20 footer, before - and probably will again.
A few spaces for smaller rigs.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, several rather flat places for RVs.

The August weather at Armijo Springs (8,000 ft.) is generally lovely, as described. Usually no higher than 85 early afternoon and maybe 50 at night. We might get late afternoon/evening rain - we might not - but the thunderstorms usually move through and the rain passes. One night a few years ago, it rained pretty hard for a couple of hours. But, we had a big covered space and folks gathered round. It was nice.

Tents and lean-to setups work well. Tracy and wife in a lean to could be comfy - maybe in an over sized sleeping bag.

The only snake I've ever seen there was a nice big bull/gopher snake - and they bother no one. If I say it, sure enough something will happen to indicate otherwise (and i will get hassled), but in 20 years I have not seen a poisonous snake in that area. Simply not enough rodents, I guess. But, we do have chupacabras.

We haven't dealt with the breakfast and evening meal cooking setup yet, but folks always are free to cook for themselves. Good for hungry moochers.

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,907
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.