-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Below is my initial attempt at putting together a supply list. I don’t know if the plan is for us to cook as a group or otherwise. Personally, I plan on cooking over a campfire for my daughter Julia and I, but I am happy to pitch in and bring a few needed supplies if the plan is indeed for group cooking. I guess we’ll need input from those attending on this issue.

Miscellaneous Supplies
Large heavy-duty trash bags
Paper plates
Plasticware
Paper towels
Water
Sodas
Strike anywhere matches
Rope
Tarps
Beer
Scotch
Ice
TP
Cook kits/propane stoves
Wash basin, scrub brush, sponge, soap

Breakfast
Eggs
Bacon
Pancake mix (instant)
Sausage

Lunch
Wheat sandwich bread
Mustard
Hot dogs
Hot dog buns
Sandwich meat
Chips
Cookies
Trail mix

Supper
Potatoes
Ground beef for burgers and/or tacos
Hamburger buns
Hot dogs
Hot dog buns
Onion
Corn and flour tortillas
Refried beans
Shredded cheese
Lettuce
Salad dressing
Spanish rice?

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/18/18.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, High Noon - that's quite a list - looks a lot like some we've used before.

The idea will be to have our big group meals as Friday Evening, Saturday Breakfast, Saturday Evening and Sunday Breakfast - four in all - and have folks bring whatever snacks or lunch items they want for themselves. We are working toward a simple meal prep plan - with volunteer cooks - and for sure will be asking participants to bring the ingredients and supplies needed. It all will be done in this thread and we will get sign-ups for things to bring.

More later.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
First week of August makes it better for me to potentially attend...
Quemado is my annual summer vacation getaway yearly.. I'd hate to miss it..
I'd hate to miss all my friends ever moreso...

We are moving into another house, after 17 years here... taking possession on July 13th.

Got my fingers crossed..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quemado is OK, but not much of a place to have your summer vacation - and you will miss the gathering if you land there. The gang will be at Armijo Springs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mudhen
Originally Posted by Anjin

[Isn't it about time to put this thread in a sticky?]
Norm

I emailed Rick yesterday with a formal request. Maybe if he got several more, he might see one... blush

I did too, late yesterday, and I cited this current thread since the title is a bit different from prior years'.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CCCC
Quemado is OK, but not much of a place to have your summer vacation - and you will miss the gathering if you land there. The gang will be at Armijo Springs.

From way up this way, its Quemado...

once I get to town, then I start calling it Army Jo Springs, like the locals...

I was thinking of proposing to change the name of the gathering to Camp Walker...
military style...with a motto, "The Older We Get the Better We Was.."

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
Thanks, High Noon - that's quite a list - looks a lot like some we've used before.

The idea will be to have our big group meals as Friday Evening, Saturday Breakfast, Saturday Evening and Sunday Breakfast - four in all - and have folks bring whatever snacks or lunch items they want for themselves. We are working toward a simple meal prep plan - with volunteer cooks - and for sure will be asking participants to bring the ingredients and supplies needed. It all will be done in this thread and we will get sign-ups for things to bring.

More later.

Thanks CCCC, please let me know what I can do to help.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bump!

The count that I have so far is 30 definitely coming and 5 maybes. There are a few regulars who haven't chimed in--please let us know if we can expect you.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
I was thinking of proposing to change the name of the gathering to Camp Walker...
military style...with a motto, "The Older We Get the Better We Was.."
You seem to have some very good thoughts, but you can abandon that one for more than one reason. A few dedicated SW guys started this event and have invested a bunch in keeping it going - if ever it needs further naming, this little gang should be the focus. As you know, we don't apply much military knowledge to it all - good thing, because I know next to nothing about the military. So, no formal rules, and very few normative ones.

And, in my case, the older I get the more I wonder if ever I was much good.

I hope you can be with us again John.

mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bump

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul and others, I intend to bring some steaks again, as I have in the past. Usually a cryovac New York strip, but could be a Ribeye, depending on what I find. Will need a pretty accurate head count before I leave out. I talked to a Grocery store in Beebe and they said they would have them available. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Highnoon has a menu started.

May I suggest that we get some input from those attending.

Anyone with special needs ?

Food allergies ?

Anything special you would like to eat ?

I know that tradition has been a Friday night fish fry and Saturday has been Mexican food and steaks.

We can get a menu in place, and then each of us can take a food assignment or two. This way we don't end up with too much of one thing, and not enough of another.

Those that don't have the capacity to bring something due to limited space in a vehicle could make a cash donation.

Oh, and remember, you will need to store what you bring. So make sure you have enough cooler space and plenty of ice or freezer packs.

Miles has volunteered to brings steaks. I'll bring at least 10 lbs of bacon. Can never have too much of that stuff grin

Don't forget extra toilet paper. Remember to pack your medications. Light weight rain gear, a warm jacket. Maybe an extra pair of boots or shoes.

Dennisinaz - Can you post the agenda and rules for the shooting matches... for those that have never been or need a reminder.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
ttt

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Note that I said that I would bring the steaks, not cook them. smile miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The guys who are getting the meal plan together are making a list of what foods you folks are volunteering to bring (thanks for that), and will confirm specific needs once the meal crews and plans are set.

Good suggestions on menu etc. but simply can't organize all of that, from all directions, in this broad thread.
More later on particulars.

Shooting contest info will be published once it is set - maybe a month before the event - need more rain in order to solidify site.

Originally Posted by milespatton
Note that I said that I would bring the steaks, not cook them. smile miles
This appears to be double good news. grin

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, if Miles cooks his steaks like he cooks bacon (extra crispy) we're all in trouble. Better leave Miles to the bacon duty roster.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Miles, Makes some damn good stew when he comes to visit me, but his ham sandwich's leave something to be desired. Rio7

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Poor Miles brings steaks, get grilled.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miles - we saw what Blue reported - would you like to help save your rep and cook up some stew at the gathering? We could provide plenty of possum meat.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
ttt

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 4 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,490 guests, and 706 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,678
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.