-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hi Doc - nice post. Thanks for looking up the bowling pin availability, but you don't need buy and bring any new ones for this shindig - I think we are well-covered. Unless some among us start shooting a lot better, the holy pins we have are not going to become much holier.

Good that you and Niki can do needed cooking for her - gluten is certain to be in some stuff we cook up.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Good thing we have other sources for pins. I stopped at the bowling alley where I got those, today, and the man said He did not have any right now to get rid of, but He was expecting to get some new ones mid month, and to check back. Depending on the time he gets them and gets the replacement going, might be close. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm gettin' excited. Thanks Doc for all the regards. While my wife is iffy due to her father's condition, I am letting her know that I must go.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Will gladly help out with the pin shoot.

Gotta thank Waders for introducing us, the 'fire, to it at Scottf's farm in Washington a few years ago.

Great fun!!!

(a couple of pics of "hippie chic" in the link <grin>)

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5291065/34

Last edited by bcolorado; 07/02/18.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Gathered up 10 bowling pens that have No bullet holes I will bring them, I can include some pop up prairie dog steel we used last year for the steel shoot if needed, Please advise Rio7

IC B2

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
I don't have shooting or cooking skills,but I do have BS'ing skills down pat.

You can miss the targets, and burn the bacon just as good as the rest of us. But, I don't know if we can hold a candle to your BS'ing skills... grin

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Owl
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
I don't have shooting or cooking skills,but I do have BS'ing skills down pat.

You can miss the targets, and burn the bacon just as good as the rest of us. But, I don't know if we can hold a candle to your BS'ing skills... grin

Thanks Owl. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Earlier this year I was able to get bowling pins for free, for the March Hog Hunt. We had 20-odd shooters, and the wind was in our face, meaning the pins were harder to knock off the table. 20 pins was barely enough, as a number got shot in the base and would not stand up straight until I "reworked" them with a circular saw.

I've got a couple of people hired, so I'm hoping I can get loose for the trip. The .220 Howell shoots pretty well, so it will get a chance to play.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Earlier this year I was able to get bowling pins for free, for the March Hog Hunt. We had 20-odd shooters, and the wind was in our face, meaning the pins were harder to knock off the table. 20 pins was barely enough, as a number got shot in the base and would not stand up straight until I "reworked" them with a circular saw.

I've got a couple of people hired, so I'm hoping I can get loose for the trip. The .220 Howell shoots pretty well, so it will get a chance to play.

It would awesome if you could make it.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still holding hope that you will be with us, Patrick. Looking forward to seeing that .220 Howell in action again.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any word on the weather? Will we be able to cook on a propane stove?

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Getting closer...

I totaled all of the responses on this thread and came up with 32 "definites and 7 "maybes. I also queried a couple of folks who usually do attend that we haven't heard from yet.

If any of you who are reading are planning to attend and haven't chimed in yet, please let us know so we can make sure that we have enough food for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing all of you again!

Ben

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Any word on the weather? Will we be able to cook on a propane stove?

The monsoons are shaping up, and the 3:00 PM weather radar is showing a lot of build up for the area and some pretty strong showers to the northwest. The chances for rain are predicted to increase throughout the week. Either way, you will be able to cook on a propane stove.

Two of the New Mexico forests farther north are lifting all of their restrictions this week. I think that we will be okay for just about anything.

Ben

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Guys, am hoping to come along with tex_n_cal. Will plan on bringing some decent stew or pork chops or something. Looking forward to seeing all you guys again.

mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Will be good to see you again, Leonard!

Ben

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In excess of 1" of rain at Armijo Springs in the past two days - some nubs of new grass starting to push up - and looks as though some more moisture is coming. Mo is betta - still needed.

Leonard - good to hear this - looking forward to more good time with you.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Still on the maybe list here with the move going on....

Gotta admit, if I can't make it, I going to be really pissed about it...

will certainly be missing all the best friends a person could ever be blessed to know..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mudhen
Getting closer...

I totaled all of the responses on this thread and came up with 32 "definites and 7 "maybes. I also queried a couple of folks who usually do attend that we haven't heard from yet.

If any of you who are reading are planning to attend and haven't chimed in yet, please let us know so we can make sure that we have enough food for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing all of you again!

Ben

Ben. I think that you already have us on the list, but we four are planning to be there. My wife and daughter are returning from a visit to Japan on Wednesday, July 25, so we won't be there until Friday at the earliest.

There is a slight possibility that I may persuade some neighbors to come, in which case there might be three more, but I will let you know if that is the case. George is a lifelong NM resident and hunter who has been all over the state, and he and I are doing my first elk hunt in December. They have a truck-based mid-size RV.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ben, I will be on-site for a while each day for setup on Wed. and Thurs. and full time during the event - and afternoon on Sunday for any needed clean up. Maddy will be in camp most of the time from Friday evening through Sunday AM. Thanks for getting to the final count - will need it fairly soon.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Planning on leaving here in the wee hours of 31st July!

Hope to see you all soon!

Bob

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1936M71, 57 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,554
Posts18,453,642
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.