-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Labradar just released a firmware update and bluetooth apps for Android and IOS devices. I have not had a chance to try them out yet. Just a heads up for those who didn't get the memo.

They also are selling the units for $50 off right now.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Is buying one direct the best deal, etc.?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I bought mine from Midway a few months ago. They have free shipping right now on orders over $99.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I updated mine on Saturday morning (as I was planning on chronographing a load anyway). The firmware update was pretty simple to do and I was able to connect my phone to my LR easily enough. It works pretty slick in the limited testing I did. You can change the unit settings on the LR from your phone, or you can have your phone display different units from your LR. Have your LR display meters, m/s, grams, and joules while your phone displays yards, fps, grains, and ft*lbs, etc... You can view previous shot strings and even arm and disarm the radar right from your phone. I like it!

Of course, when I got to the range I realized I'd left the tripod home so the actual live testing of it was a no-go. smirk

There is a video here if you want visual instructions on how to update the firmware.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There were problems at the indoor range where I volunteer with LabRadars. It turned out a phone call to the company got the owner a menu link to a software change that solved that problem.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I updated mine last week. It connects just fine and able to arm/disarm from the phone behind the gun is WAY nicer than having to get up and arm and get back in the gun for sure. The app itself is a bit clunky but I only got it for the arm/disarm feature and it does that well.

N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I concur with the comments above. Makes life good not having to jack with the buttons on the unit. It would be really nice if you could rename strings so you didn't need to keep track of which was what. Took me a while to figure out how to create a new string with the plus button and that the unit can't be armed if you are trying to do things like add strings - classic UBD, user brain damage. Also with the Labradar app on the phone it won't let my hearing aid app connect to my hearing aids at any time. Removed the app and all is well but I need to call and find out what is going on so I don't need to haul my ipad to the range. Also would like to have available one screen for each string that shows - high/low/mean/SD/extreme spread.

What a joy these toys are. Anyone in the Houston area want a free Oehler 35P?

Last edited by ned; 07/03/18. Reason: just cuz

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While renaming a shot string would be a neat feature to have, it's lower on my list. I'd rather have the ability to add to a previous shot string. While I didn't do it too often, it was nice to be able to load test different loads in a round-robin fashion.

By-the-way, if anyone of you haven't updated in the past day or two LabRadar has published another minor firmware update. It's now at version 1.2.2 that's supposed to fix a few minor bugs in the previous release.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Is the IOS app available yet?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Yes that is what I am using. A simple search in the app store would have been faster than asking here. smile

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Yes that is what I am using. A simple search in the app store would have been faster than asking here. smile

I did get the email from Labradar but noticed they said Android was ready and IOS was a few days out and when I searched the App Store yesterday nothing was found so when I saw this thread I I thought I would ask!

Thanks Ill do another search!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No worries man all in good fun. It came right up when I searched for it so you should be all set.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, aaronward9, 18 invisible), 1,758 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.