A couple cylinders full.

LOL. Yep.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I replaced the striker in my P365 after 550 rounds with the Lightning strike 17-4 SS replacement for $100. The Illuminati here on the fire judged 17-4 SS as not worthy. I will fire a few more rounds I guess. OTOH I do feel SIG has gone to s-hit, they produce a wonderful form factor, accurate pistol and put a POS striker in it and cannot make it run so that it does not produce primer swipes. Yea, if Glock makes a similar gun I would probably buy a Glock with a 12 round capacity the size of the 43. I doubt they can make it as accurate as the sig p365. The engineers and management at SIG must have brain damage. Anyway the milled 17-4 striker should be good for a few more rounds, the gun is my primary carry gun, and if I go someplace where the odds are worse I put a Kahr PM380 in my pocket as well.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I replaced the striker in my P365 after 550 rounds with the Lightning strike 17-4 SS replacement for $100. The Illuminati here on the fire judged 17-4 SS as not worthy. I will fire a few more rounds I guess. OTOH I do feel SIG has gone to s-hit, they produce a wonderful form factor, accurate pistol and put a POS striker in it and cannot make it run so that it does not produce primer swipes. Yea, if Glock makes a similar gun I would probably buy a Glock with a 12 round capacity the size of the 43. I doubt they can make it as accurate as the sig p365. The engineers and management at SIG must have brain damage. Anyway the milled 17-4 striker should be good for a few more rounds, the gun is my primary carry gun, and if I go someplace where the odds are worse I put a Kahr PM380 in my pocket as well.

You'd better replace the trigger spring, too. Apparently, they're breaking, too.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

You'd better replace the trigger spring, too. Apparently, they're breaking, too.

There have been a few trigger spring issues reported but not many, nothing like the firing pin issues they have/had. People over at Sig Talk think its from the magazine touching the tip of the trigger return spring in the magwell, causing it to pop out of place when firing. Some have shaved the tip of the spring down if it was touching the magazine. Mine doesn't stick out enough to touch the mag so im not worried about it.

Im a little over 1300rds through mine so far with all factory parts, no issues other than 1-2 ammo related issues.

Last edited by wareagle700; 05/28/18.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AnsonRogers
At what point do you trust your weapon and why?

50 rounds of my chosen carry ammo. I figure, as often as I practice, if a failure were to occur, it is extremely more likely than not that it will fail during a range session than in a defensive situation. It's all guesswork. The more we fire a weapon, the more likely it is to, eventually, fail. It is a mechanical device with moving parts after all.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You still got your shower gun?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have I carried a gun with less than 500 rounds through it? Yes. Do I trust a gun before I've put 500 rounds of reloads and 50 rounds of carry ammo through it? Not 100%. Will 500 rounds through a gun be enough to discover any and all defects? No, but IMHO the vast majority of issues will show up within 500 rounds.

Honestly I don't see how anyone can be truly profcient with a handgun unless they are firing a minimum of 500-1000 rounds a year and shooting at least once a month. Then again, me definition of proficient with a handgun is a bit more stringent than holding rounds on a paper plate at 7-10 paces.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most people, even CCW holders, don't shoot as much as many or even most people here on the 'fire.

Handgun shooting has never been much of a thing for me, although I have 15 at last count - 6 revolvers and 9 semis. Mostly I shoot the semi.22's (3) with the various revolvers (6) being next and centerfire semis (6) a distant last.

We have a Ruger SP101 (.327 Fed) and a Remington Model 10 (.38 SPL) as members of our house guns. My wife has a Ruger LCR (.38SPL) for her carry weapon. The SP101 has the most ammo through it, maybe 5 boxes. The SP101 and LCR were purchased new. The Model 10 was made in the 60's, has been thoroughly checked out mechanically. The LCR and Model 10 both have only a couple boxes of ammo through through them. They are all kept cleaned and oiled and I'm not worried that any of them will fail to go bang.

Semi-auto reliability is much more of a concern. That said, I've never been much of a handgunner and don't shoot my semis much and my centerfires even less. My Browing BDM 9mm is the only centerfire semi I own that has over 1000 rounds through it. Round count for my other centerfire semis (I have 6) ranges from an estimated 100 to 300. All have been carried at one time or another. My current EDC weapon is a S&W shield .40 and might have 300 rounds through it with perhaps 40 the Barnes TAC-XPD I use for defense.

Should I shoot my defensive centerfire handguns more? Probably.

Is it likely to happen? Probably not.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Mine's a Glock, so 1 round sufficed. grin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Have I carried a gun with less than 500 rounds through it? Yes. Do I trust a gun before I've put 500 rounds of reloads and 50 rounds of carry ammo through it? Not 100%. Will 500 rounds through a gun be enough to discover any and all defects? No, but IMHO the vast majority of issues will show up within 500 rounds.

Honestly I don't see how anyone can be truly profcient with a handgun unless they are firing a minimum of 500-1000 rounds a year and shooting at least once a month. Then again, me definition of proficient with a handgun is a bit more stringent than holding rounds on a paper plate at 7-10 paces.

We think alike here on looking for weak spots on new guns and mags, one thing we've done for the last 30 years or so is to wait for a bud too need a new windshield in his pickup, we'd borrow a blanket for the dash from one of their [my] wives, put on some sunglasses and go blasting 60 mph out a pasture road shooting the chit out of the windshield, would stop the truck and fire at random targets through the windshield we'd placed earlier, surprising number of hits occurred, great fun, and not as bad as some may think.

We'd load the buds shot to chit truck on a trailer and haul him and the truck to the windshield shop he'd previously made an appointment with, kick em both off there and leave. smile

Trump Won!
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I agree you need to fire your weapon 100 or more rounds a month.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
AnsonRodgers: If it says "GLOCK" on it "I" trust it!
I have been shooting Glocks now for 30+ years now and have as yet to have ANY of the many I have used (both professionally and privately!) fail to fire/fail to function!
These experiences are with both brand new pistols, "broke in" pistols that I have used and with previously owned Glocks I have purchased.
Of course, with this caveat - I use only top quality factory ammunitions in my Glocks.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
First, field strip, clean, inspect, lube, reassemble. Then I run 150-200 rounds of NATO 124 grain ball through the pistol, and then another 100-150 rounds of carry ammo. This all goes through new duty mags that will stay with the pistol. Finally, field strip, clean, inspect, lube and reassemble again. If there are no apparent problems, I consider it good to go.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jimmyp
You still got your shower gun?

LOL

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

503 members (22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 36 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,851
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.