Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
...I can say around here, for every decent citizen that uses it... there are 100 plus useless
citizens abusing it...

This is where you guys discredit yourselves, with wild made-up "facts" that aren't. You are certainly welcome to your own brand of prejudice, though.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unfortunate.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by Seafire
...I don't consume alcohol either, nor cigarettes etc.

How does the joke go? I don't drink, smoke or cuss . . . godammit, I left my cigarettes at the bar!

Betting you probably cuss though. laugh Got to have a vice somewhere

ya got me... never said I was perfect...

anyone who knows me on the campfire will tell ya at length that I'm not perfect. by a long shot.

yeah I've been known to say Damn it once in a while.... whistle

among other choice words.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
everything's going to pot

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by pal

This is where you guys discredit yourselves, with wild made-up "facts" that aren't. You are certainly welcome to your own brand of prejudice, though.

Gee, I don't remember making up any facts....and it would seem like prejudice is a two sided coin....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by rustyzipper
So what passes for a Canadian legislature still has to bow before the queen?

And this is appropriate for what reason? Royal assent is nothing but a term which has been perpetuated in a process.
I, quite frankly, do not care whether marijuana is legal or not; just as I don't care whether or not alcohol is legal or not. Abuse of any substance is stupid and happens regardless of legality. It is,perhaps, telling to realize how many historical figures, Canadian and American alike, were drunks. Indeed, in many cases their drunkeness came to be regarded as a virtue. Maybe the pothead and/or opiate addict will be as highly regarded in the future as the drunk has in the past. GD

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Senate voted last night 52 yea 29 nay. Recreational Pot is legal. It awaits Royal Assent and in 8 to 12 weeks you will be able to buy it in stores or on-line.

I don’t smoke it nor do I drink alcohol but it has been a hot topic of discussion around the dinner table at my fishing camp.
well maybe legal pot will help you Canucks forget about your health care system and your backstabbing gay PM

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blanket
Senate voted last night 52 yea 29 nay. Recreational Pot is legal. It awaits Royal Assent and in 8 to 12 weeks you will be able to buy it in stores or on-line.

I don’t smoke it nor do I drink alcohol but it has been a hot topic of discussion around the dinner table at my fishing camp.
well maybe legal pot will help you Canucks forget about your health care system and your backstabbing gay PM

Why dont you just mind your own [bleep] business.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by blanket

Why dont you just mind your own [bleep] business.
why don't you spit out your PM's tootsie roll and get a clue

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Blanket—do you have any direct experience with Canada’s health care system?
I’ve heard all the stories about sub-standard care and long wait lines but truthfully I have never experienced any of it.
I have been to a rural hospital in Wytheville, Virginia— been to the hospital in Aitkin, and Olivia and Duluth, Minnesota.
I have been to the Hospital in Ashland, Wisconsin and to the VA at Fort Snelling.
I live much more isolated than most people but have always felt I got excellent and better care at my little local medcenter and hospital than in any of those more sophisticated places.
I had a very bad experience in RSVN with Pot in 1969. Tried it again about 1972–hated the way it made me feel and preached against the devil weed for many years thereafter. I will never use it again.
I have since changed my thinking on Pot
As I have gotten older I have learned that it ain’t all about me.
I might nie killed my self with perfectly legal whiskey and all the cops and politicians never helped me in any way with that.
I interact everyday with potheads, alcoholics and drug addicts and I would much rather deal with potheads.
Drugs and alcohol are a self-limiting problem —you either get sober or you die—and I never met a cop nor a politician that really understands or helps with that.
Drugs and alcohol kill people everyday—Pot not so much.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
elderly family members in Windsor Ontario less than happy with the system

K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
Thank you Blanket
In truth I know very little about Canada. I’ve been to Winnipeg once and twice to Toronta.
I lived on the North Shore of Lake Superior for 20 years and on Lake Nipigon for the last 27 years.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Russ, Karl knows his "stuff".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Canadian medical system has always treated my wife and I very well. The problem which exist are problems common to any bureaucracy. Eventually, they will strangle on their own regulations and procedures. There seems to be no way around it. GD

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
...Gee, I don't remember making up any facts...

Originally Posted by ingwe
...There is a minuscule fraction of the population that will actually experience any pain relief from cannabis products. What you will quickly see is that 99.9% of those using " Medical" Marijuana are simply older folks who want to get high...

This is the BS you forgot you made up to support your prejudice.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blanket—do you have any direct experience with Canada’s health care system?
I’ve heard all the stories about sub-standard care and long wait lines but truthfully I have never experienced any of it.
I have been to a rural hospital in Wytheville, Virginia— been to the hospital in Aitkin, and Olivia and Duluth, Minnesota.
I have been to the Hospital in Ashland, Wisconsin and to the VA at Fort Snelling.
I live much more isolated than most people but have always felt I got excellent and better care at my little local medcenter and hospital than in any of those more sophisticated places.
I had a very bad experience in RSVN with Pot in 1969. Tried it again about 1972–hated the way it made me feel and preached against the devil weed for many years thereafter. I will never use it again.
I have since changed my thinking on Pot
As I have gotten older I have learned that it ain’t all about me.
I might nie killed my self with perfectly legal whiskey and all the cops and politicians never helped me in any way with that.
I interact everyday with potheads, alcoholics and drug addicts and I would much rather deal with potheads.
Drugs and alcohol are a self-limiting problem —you either get sober or you die—and I never met a cop nor a politician that really understands or helps with that.
Drugs and alcohol kill people everyday—Pot not so much.

[u][/u]

I understand the quote is taken out of context but that is exactly why I am against it. You really want your kids to have easy(easier) access?

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
'The US is fugging us on tariffs.Lets make pot legal, eh?'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
K
My daughter is 42 and my grand daughter is 24 I have no doubt both of them know more about Pot than I ever will. I do prefer they buy it legally instead of on some street corner if they chose to partake. I had the drug conversation with them before they reached puberty. I really don’t expect them to even ask my opinion since they didn’t on their choice in men.

Canada can’t win a war with the US and it doesn’t matter if it’s trade, guns, money, marbles or chalk.

The US was nice enough to allow Canada to protect its dairy and chicken industries under the free trade agreement and the Auto-Pact of 1964 has always worked in favour of Canada.

I just brought a used boat across the border and had to pay the Canadian government and extra 240 bucks on top of the 2grand the boat cost. That ain’t free trade in my books and I’m big on free trade.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

83 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 11 invisible), 1,340 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,241
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.