Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Should be seeing a new unit soon....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
So are you ready to make the jump to Sony from your Canon?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nebraska:

This is getting close to a 4-month interval based on the original post. Is one still in waiting?

1Minute
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Doug said Sony agreed to replace the camera but haven't seen it yet. Missed Halloween....hopefully won't miss deer seaon but that starts next week! I think I may try to get my hands on a Canon 100-400 lens and just use that with my 7D MkII

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That is a bummer.

What are your thoughts on the 7D Mk II vs your old 7D? Worthwhile upgrade?

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Spoke to Sony, They tell us your NEW camera will be shipped to us next week and we will over nite to you when it gets here. Sony broke every one of their rules on this and did a solid after we told them how important and loyal a customer you are. No refurb, brand new. We put on the full court press and they did the right thing

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000
[email protected]
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sounds like Sony SHOULD have broken their rules as the original camera DIDN'T WORK?

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by CameraLand
Spoke to Sony, They tell us your NEW camera will be shipped to us next week and we will over nite to you when it gets here. Sony broke every one of their rules on this and did a solid after we told them how important and loyal a customer you are. No refurb, brand new. We put on the full court press and they did the right thing

Thanks for the update Joel. I'd like to make sure I'm here for the delivery so with them shipping to you and you having to turn around and ship it Next Day Air, what day should I expect it to be delivered to me?

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by duckster
That is a bummer.

What are your thoughts on the 7D Mk II vs your old 7D? Worthwhile upgrade?

I like the higher fps on the 7D Mk II and also like it better for indoor sports like swimming, basketball and volleyball but it looks like that 7D has been doing a good job for what you've been putting up on here. Do you feel like you're missing something with your 7D? FWIW, I think my 70-200 IS II was the best photography purchase I ever made!

Still trying to decide on whether to trust Sony one more time or sell it when it gets here and keep my Canon 7D Mk II. The Sony has lots of great features that would be a great fit for what I'll most likely be shooting going forward but I don't like it nearly as much ergonomically (even with the grip) and the reliability has me worried. The canon lenses also feel like they're higher quality build-wise than the Sony lenses. That being said, 90% of the guys at my local camera shop switched over to Sony years ago and they all seem very happy with that platform so who knows!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I was thinking that the Mk II would certainly have better AF but I have gotten decent numbers of keepers with the 7D, especially in cross country, as they don't move quite as fast as during spring track & field. I think the Mk II will handle higher ISO levels better, at least from reading/watching the reviews. Have you found it to be true in regards to indoor sports and higher ISOs? I already have the 70-300 USM but I know the 70-200L is a better lens. Tough choice on where to spend approx. $1500

IC B3

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

Jeff,
If Sony stays firm, we will replace it at our expense and deal with your camera on our own. Service is what it's all about.
Our Jeff is on it

Thanks for your support

Joel

In June you said YOU would replace it and deal with Sony. Four and a half months later and the man still doesn't have his camera,

Crappy service, you should be embarrassed.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Thanks for the update Joel. I'd like to make sure I'm here for the delivery so with them shipping to you and you having to turn around and ship it Next Day Air, what day should I expect it to be delivered to me?

How is the replacement camera working?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Have you received the replacement yet?

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Maybe Cameraland and Nebraska don't check this thread anymore

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks for getting me the camera back. Understood you were working off site and you were away for so many months so yiu were just now able to return it. Happy to help after all this time, work and family come first. Got Sony to replace it as a 1 time favor despite the time period, but happy to make you happy. I am overnighting at my expense and put in a new receipt so the warranty starts today, not from when you first purchased it
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I will e-mail you the tracking #

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000
[email protected]
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Thanks for getting me the camera back. Understood you were working off site and you were away for so many months so yiu were just now able to return it. Happy to help after all this time, work and family come first. Got Sony to replace it as a 1 time favor despite the time period, but happy to make you happy. I am overnighting at my expense and put in a new receipt so the warranty starts today, not from when you first purchased it

One would have thought you would have replaced the camera ASAP and dealt with Sony later.

Good things to remember when buying gear.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We were happy to replace it ASAP once we got the camera back to us. However since the owner was on a work assignment he could not get it to us for about 5 months. Once it came back we were able to send it to Sony and they sent us a new camera. This is NOT their normal policy. Like most camera companies initial defective cameras are fixed or replaced with refurbished cameras. We explained how important a customer this was and how he supported the Sony brand and they said fine, they would replace it, even 5 months later. This was a huge favor they did. Not a new policy as this is a case by case basis.
We understood our customers work situation, as did Sony and we made it work.
Very few retailers would replace this type of product after this time period. That's what a warranty is for. Not only was it replaced but the warranty is starting fresh from now as we don't feel he should be penalized for the time he could not use the camera.
We will always have your back and do everything within our power to make you happy

Thanks
Joel

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000
[email protected]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ISRO

One would have thought you would have replaced the camera ASAP and dealt with Sony later.

Good things to remember when buying gear.

ISRO I see you've been a member for a couple of years with limited posts. Not sure if you're not active here or just do not post often. As a long standing supporting vendor here we make it a point to assist the members here 100%.

This situation started approx 5 months ago at which time Joel said he would get a replacement camera for the OP. Due to whatever reasons, unimportant, the OP did not send the camera back until a couple of weeks ago and at that time Sony was sold out. As soon as they had inventory again they sent a new camera to us to replace to the OP and we sent it overnight shipping at our expense. Not it's been months, not it will be repaired under warranty, not here's a refurb. A new camera. So, to quote you "Good things to remember when buying gear"

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Joel sent me the tracking info and my new Sony A7III will be here on Monday. I purchased this camera in May and had intermittent "quirks" that I originally chocked up to user error but had the auto-focus crap out in mid-June (Father's Day) and let Jeff/Joel know I was done with the camera. Joel said he'd take care of me and I've dealt with Camera Land long enough (multiple cameras, lenses, range-finders, scopes and spotting scopes) that I knew if Sony didn't do the right thing, Joel/Doug would. Joel PM'd me on 07/09 that Sony would most likely be replacing the camera and told me to send the camera back. As it turned out, I started a new job that day and was working 60-70+ hours/week and didn't respond to that PM until August. I also had to track down the battery hatch which I didn't realize was actually attached to the inside of my grip so that also caused a delay on my end. When I talked to Joel, he let me know about the hatch and didn't give me any crap about not getting back to him. I sent the camera back around Labor Day and he sent it in to Sony. They didn't have any Sony A7III cameras in stock and when they got a shipment last Friday, he shipped mine next day air (even though I told him ground would be fine). I feel Camera Land has stood behind me from the start.

Bottom line is that I have a new camera showing up on Monday, not a refurb, so I'm good to go. I've been a Camera Land customer for ~15 years and they've always taken the time to answer my questions, give me good advice and MANY, MANY GREAT deals. When I or any member of 24HCF calls them up, they're going to get good service at prices that can't be beat. I really appreciate everyone's support, and to Camera Land's credit, they said they'd be make sure I received a brand new camera whether Sony sent one or they took mine back as a demo and sent me a new one themselves and they delivered (Monday wink ) All that said, Camera Land is still my dealer and I'll be buying more from them yet this season and will continue to recommend them to anyone looking for cameras, lenses, or sports optics.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Looking forward to seeing some shots with the new gear!

Here is a link I saw with some setting suggestions for the A7III

https://kenrockwell.com/sony/a7-iii.htm#usage

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (163bc, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 1,115 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,729
Posts18,457,405
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.