Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
RANT...You pay, you pay and then pay more taxes. Live a conservative life, live within your means, pay taxes all of your working career and then during your retirement you have to pay taxes on your SS. You pay taxes on the money that you slaved to save. You pay taxes upon taxes! This pisses me the hell off! Helll!!!

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The IRS sucks???

Sherlock, is that you?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Amen brother. I fell the same way. In all fairness it is congress that passed the law. The IRS just does the dirty work. I spent near 30 years as a tax consultant. . Believe me, the IRS does plenty of dirty work. I intend to write my congressman and senator to see if they can do something about the social security taxation with the next tax bill. Even worse, my wife worked for the for a state agency for awhile in addition to working for the private sector and took early retirement. They reduced her social security benefit to which she was entitled because of her work with the state. That, plus paying tax on money we paid tax on when we earned it is a double whamy.

There was no greater freedom than when I would leave Holiday Park Fish Camp heading my airboat west toward the Big Cypress. Fuel for 4 days, a good machete, an ice chest. No phone, no radio. Just God and me and the Everglades.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MTGunner
RANT...You pay, you pay and then pay more taxes. Live a conservative life, live within your means, pay taxes all of your working career and then during your retirement you have to pay taxes on your SS. You pay taxes on the money that you slaved to save. You pay taxes upon taxes! This pisses me the hell off! Helll!!!

Don’t forget sales tax and your heirs getting taxed on their inheritance.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cost me over $200 a month to live in a house that's fully paid for. Then there's the 50 cents per gallon fuel tax, Between taxes and insurance there's not much in discretionary funds left.

1Minute
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It takes a lot of money run a bureaucracy!

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Posted by Bristoe
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
IRS= The Real Evil Empire

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Lots of gimmie dats need your money!!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 1minute
Cost me over $200 a month to live in a house that's fully paid for. Then there's the 50 cents per gallon fuel tax, Between taxes and insurance there's not much in discretionary funds left.

Try $24.66 a DAY in property taxes alone. When I do retire we will have no choice but to sell if I can't get out of this state before then.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When you buy a set of tires you pay a federal excise tax. Then you pay sales tax, in most states, on this excise tax.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I write on the memo of my estimate checks "To keep the welfare rats fat, sassy, and medicated!"

It's a joke. The faucet needs to be turned to OFF.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MTGunner

...to say nothing of paying your house and property off (free and clear) then having to rent it back from the government in the form of property tax !

Its not like the people that pay taxes see any return in the way of services. It all goes to programs that buy votes from the lower Socio-demographic sector of society.

We consistently fund our own demise.

.... like tears in the rain
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The IRS (along with the 16th Amendment and the Federal Reserve System) should have never been allowed to come into existence. They fundamentally transformed our nation from one where the privacy of citizens was respected by the government to where everything you do is the Federal Government's business, while you're not supposed to know what the Federal Government is doing behind closed doors. That's a 180 degree flip. After that, we ceased being the nation that was founded in 1789.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gladesman
Amen brother. I fell the same way. In all fairness it is congress that passed the law. The IRS just does the dirty work. I spent near 30 years as a tax consultant. . Believe me, the IRS does plenty of dirty work. I intend to write my congressman and senator to see if they can do something about the social security taxation with the next tax bill. Even worse, my wife worked for the for a state agency for awhile in addition to working for the private sector and took early retirement. They reduced her social security benefit to which she was entitled because of her work with the state. That, plus paying tax on money we paid tax on when we earned it is a double whamy.
It was congress and Clinton that started taxing SS benefits.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
PS Even by the words of the Amendment, income was deemed by our Courts to refer only to profit/gain, not to mere wages. Wages aren't income. If wages were meant to be taxable, so would a business owner's gross earnings, but only a business owner's net earnings are taxable as income. Since a wage earner's salary always exactly equals his gross earnings, with zero net (the value of one's wages equals exactly the value of one's labor investment), none of his salary is taxable as income, and this was the ruling of the US Supreme Court.

At a certain point, the Federal Government just decided to ignore these accepted definitions so as to implement the Marxist system we have today, where one's wages belong to the government , ab initio, and then the government determines how much of it you will need to support yourself, similar to the system in the Old South where black slaves were put to work on jobs in town ... his owner received the salary from the employer, and then paid the slave enough from it only to support himself (so he could pay for rent, food, etc..).

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
PropertyTax pisses me off to no end, along with inheritance tax, but property even more.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steelhead
PropertyTax pisses me off to no end, along with inheritance tax, but property even more.

Those two should have had their own articles in the original Bill of Rights, since property tax negates the very concept of property, and inheritance tax is double taxation on family earnings.

Tax on property should only be assessable at the point of sale, as in the case of chattel property, non-cumulatively. The idea of a regularly assessed tax on land holdings goes back to the times of Lords being mere holders of the land for the King, rather than actual owners of it. When we gave up kings and lords, that should have gone away right along with them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,114
Posts18,464,448
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.