Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I made a tonneau cover for my hunting/company truck and then started making additional mods for hunting and hauling stuff to the sports shows I have booths at. All my mods have to be easily removable because the truck will go from hunting to hauling firewood to building supplies to groceries to hauling all my products and booth items for sports shows I vend at.

A push/pull pole by repurposing a pool cleaner handle and I designed a 3D printed end for the hook.

Then I added storage solutions behind the wheel wells.

This truck has a 8 foot bed. After making the topper I needed lighting to address the darkness. I fired up the 3D printer and picked up lights dedicated for this purpose.

A ramp and block and tackle to aid in laoding deer and bear and hogs and other animals in the truck on solo hunts

The Homemade Tanneau cover

Then it can all be quickly removed to haul wood.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/03/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
GB2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Do yourself a favor and check the posts this guy has on here. Been banned as DiyGuy for the same disrespect of others.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by bigwoods
Do yourself a favor and check the posts this guy has on here. Been banned as DiyGuy for the same disrespect of others.

Yea that's a baby load of firewood, I would be ashamed to haul a little load like that.

NEVER GIVE UP
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thats as much as I cared to put in the 8 foot bed for that trip but this truck is one of those that are specially equipped with wheels and engine and such so I can make more than one trip. wink

Last edited by sharp_things; 05/03/18.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by BIGR
Originally Posted by bigwoods

Yea that's a baby load of firewood, I would be ashamed to haul a little load like that.

Doesn't appear it would haul much more without the wheel liners rubbing on his tires.

Last edited by bigwoods; 05/03/18.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by sharp_things

A ramp and block and tackle to aid in laoding deer and bear and hogs and other animals in the truck on solo hunts

A "Comealong" would make much quicker work of hauling stuff into your truck bed than does that stringy/pully thingy.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I use the 7:1 block and tackle for hoisting game in the field and its served me very well and its length works incredibly well for this purpose (and I already owned it)

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
SPAM!

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Ive hauled a lot of stuff in that truck but never spam. Dont care for it. Too salty for my tastes. wink

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by horse1

A "Comealong" would make much quicker work of hauling stuff into your truck bed than does that stringy/pully thingy.

That "stringy pull along thingy" is called a block and tackle BTW.

I disagree... you can leave a block & tackle anchored in front and run it without crawling into the box to use a ratchet hoist.

I clicked on the video expecting to see the stupid animal loading trick of pulling the animal on board by tieing the one end of the line to a tree and pulling away...

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I made a tonneau cover for my hunting/company truck and then started making additional mods for hunting and hauling stuff to the sports shows I have booths at. All my mods have to be easily removable because the truck will go from hunting to hauling firewood to building supplies to groceries to hauling all my products and booth items for sports shows I vend at.

A push/pull pole by repurposing a pool cleaner handle and I designed a 3D printed end for the hook.

A hard tined rake works well in my truck and it has multiple uses...

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Alright alright alright

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
674 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,639
Posts18,398,984
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.