Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice to hear from you Jon! I'm also a fan and have a number of volumes of the Complete Rifleman sitting on my shelves.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 7mmJRS
ruraldoc: Let me see if I can put a complete set of the Complete Rifleman together -- 1989-2011. I know I have only a few of the first couple editions, but quite a few of the latter years. However, in all honesty, I have no idea what to ask for a complete collection, or even individual copies for that matter. I've never been much of a businessman. Regards,

I want to get an autographed copy of your new book for sure,and whatever else you can scape together will be fine.

I also have a set of Patrick F McManus books autographed,but I'm not sure what that says about my taste or your writing. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BullShooter: If you give me your name and address I'll send you a signed copy of my 2008 Complete Rifleman. Gotta' take care of fans like you!

Jon-
A 24hroucampfire Private Message with my mailing information should be waiting for you. Thank you!

--Bob

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Jon Sundra, a true Renaissance man of the first order... cool

DF

Thanks, Dirtfarmer. I couldn't ask for a better accolade, though "a good writer" would come close. That's all I ever wanted to be.

Well, that goes without saying. You got that covered, too.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still have The Complete Rifleman volume 1 number 1 1989 and volume 2 number 1 1990 and one from 2011.
I'm going to order Sundra's book, Sure would like an autographed copy though.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cool....7mmJRS is on the site! Ordered my copy of the book from Safari a couple days ago, and look forward to reading it.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My copy was on my porch when i arrived home from erand running today. Ordered friday , incredibly packaged I must say.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks, guys, for all the kind words; they're much appreciated. They make me feel I chose the right path after all!

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
How about a brief synopsis of your sports car interests.

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
MD, I had no idea your gunwriting career didn’t start until you were in your forties.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Just ordered a copy. Looking forward to reading it.

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
kingston,

I sold a few gun articles before 40, maybe a dozen, but didn't start selling 'em regularly until around 40.

Sold my first magazine article at 22, and have been making my living writing since about the age when Jon started, my late 20's.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
kingston,

I sold a few gun articles before 40, maybe a dozen, but didn't start selling 'em regularly until around 40.

Sold my first magazine article at 22, and have been making my living writing since about the age when Jon started, my late 20's.

That makes more sense—not that I’m working on a biography, but I am in my forties...

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BullShooter
Jon Sundra wrote 25 posts on the campfire before his last visit five years ago. His user name was 7mm JRS. I'm looking forward to reading his book.

In a thread from about 2008 Sundra posted a photo of himself with his Lamborghini.
[Linked Image]
One hopes he didn't learn by experience about the need for padding in front of the muzzle on a car rooftop, especially on a Lamborghini.

If there is available a copy of his "Complete Rifleman" magazine, 11th edition from the year 2000, please contact me. My accumulation is otherwise complete. Thanks.

--Bob

Well, for what it's worth I used to own a Miata...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
My copy came today. It is very well packaged.

I read it tonight straight through. I did put it down during supper, but returned to it immediately afterward.

If I may, I was struck by the discussion of Sasha Siemel, whom I read about decades ago. At that time, I conjured him being at a NYC cocktail party and responding to a question of "What do you do for a living, Sasha?" with a reply of "I hunt jaguars with a spear." That would be hard to top.

I am just a little younger than the author, so I can relate to the magazines and authors that JRS brought back to mind from a different perspective. I appreciated them being brought back to mind.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Jon, I would say a great writer. Thanks to your writing I have 2 7RM's and 2 280's. 270 and 30-06 have not been shot for over 20 years but as they are from family I will always keep. The logic you communicated so well is why my other one is a 6.5 x 55. All are efficient at what they were designed for. Just want to say thank you. I have 3 of your annual editions and have read them several times. Moved more than once over 2,000 miles but they still are with me. Enjoy your life; you have given enough enjoyment to others to have truly earned it. A pleasure to find you are here!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Finished "Hell,I'm Still Here 50 years a Gunwriter" last night and I will say this,I enjoyed it immensely! smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
... Well, for what it's worth I used to own a Miata...
Pat-
I still own a 1968 Datsun Roadster 1600. It looks sort of like the one in the linked image below, but mine has large attractive patches of Bondo, stock wheels, and trim that most people mistake for rust. It does run, though.
--Bob
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pat-
I still own a 1968 Datsun Roadster 1600. It looks sort of like the one in the linked image below, but mine has large attractive patches of Bondo, stock wheels, and trim that most people mistake for rust. It does run, though.
--Bob
[Linked Image]

Small sports cars are fun - responsive and quick handling, like a nice lightweight rifle. It was great fun driving the Miata through the Sierra Nevada on a nice day, with the top down. But I swear that car halved the IQ of surrounding drivers. I had one incident after another where people either cut me off or otherwise nearly ran over me. A couple times it was obviously deliberate on their part.

I also went down Hwy 46 in California one time, and stopped at the memorial to James Dean, the actor who died in 1955. Dean was killed in his Porsche when another driver failed to see the small silver two seater at twilight, as the highways merged. Small silver cars blend into the road and are not obvious to other drivers, and yeah mine was also silver, just like Dean's.

I might get another, but it will be red or some other bright color. smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Pat-
--Bob
[Linked Image]

Small sports cars are fun - responsive and quick handling, like a nice lightweight rifle. It was great fun driving the Miata through the Sierra Nevada on a nice day, with the top down. But I swear that car halved the IQ of surrounding drivers. I had one incident after another where people either cut me off or otherwise nearly ran over me. A couple times it was obviously deliberate on their part.

I also went down Hwy 46 in California one time, and stopped at the memorial to James Dean, the actor who died in 1955. Dean was killed in his Porsche when another driver failed to see the small silver two seater at twilight, as the highways merged. Small silver cars blend into the road and are not obvious to other drivers, and yeah mine was also silver, just like Dean's.

I might get another, but it will be red or some other bright color. smile

Speed trap radar cops are attracted to red sports cars like bugs to a light... wink

DF

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,060 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,072
Posts18,463,743
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.