Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Caught the last half of it. Watched him pull a calf off a range cow in the middle of the pasture. Diverted a river and retrieved thirty head of cattle with the aid of close air support.

What's not to like?

Calf jumped up and ran off dry as can be 3 seconds later. Cracked me up!

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DW7
Caught the last half of it. Watched him pull a calf off a range cow in the middle of the pasture. Diverted a river and retrieved thirty head of cattle with the aid of close air support.

What's not to like?

Me too. I've never pulled one that came out that easy either. At least they *brought* a pulled with them!

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Got it recorded. Havn't watched it yet.

This

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DW7

What's not to like?

me and the wife both laughed our asses off....calf ran off like it was 2 weeks old (grin)

I was hoping for a bit better show....Costner did real good in the Hatfields and McCoys..

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Didn't watch, for me, I could tell by the trailers a few weeks ago it would be nothing I would have the need to see.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Didn't watch, for me, I could tell by the trailers a few weeks ago it would be nothing I would have the need to see.

me too. I don't have much use for commie Hollywood of any kind. If I didn't have a mute button when the commie Juan Williams starts foaming at the mouth on "The Five" (right this moment actually) I would be out a TV screen.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
We watched it, started out a bit slow, then things picked up. But, I very curious as to where it is headed.....I’m sure it will take a “hard left”, by showing how “the white man” is an evil bigot that needs to be removed from humanity! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Nope but I did catch Joel McCrea in "Stars in my Crown".

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Nope but I did catch Joel McCrea in "Stars in my Crown".

lol

The wife was watching it. I thought it was stoopid. Agree with the others about the calf pull. Thought it was funny as hell how the son had to stop and put on plastic sleeves to pull the calf when it was supposedly time-sensitive. Vet-son is all wrought up about fitting in with a bunch of racist redskins that hate him because he's white. Funny as hell. What a [bleep] snowflake.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Taped it havent watched it tho!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by K1500
Originally Posted by DW7

What's not to like?

Me too. I've never pulled one that came out that easy either. At least they *brought* a pulled with them!

At least they brought a puller,but neither one knew how to use it.Not too impressed with the show,really kinda disappointed.

Last edited by baldhunter; 06/21/18.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
If you look at the actor line-up, DeNiro was in it. Played the part as one of the cows!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Reminded me of the series a few years ago "Sons". I was not terribly impressed ,but will probably continue watching it.Not much else nee on TV. That calf jumping up as soon as it hit the ground and running off probably impressed a lot of city folks

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by kenster99
If you look at the actor line-up, DeNiro was in it. Played the part as one of the cows!

I thought DeNiro was one of those piles of Cowshit in the field?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
At least the scenery was nice

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
No, but I watched the new “Death Wish” with Bruce Willis. It was pretty cool.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by joken2

Recorded it but haven't watched it yet.
The older Costner gets the more impressed I've been with his acting in the roles he's taken on. .

Me too. I used to think he was a one-off, but no more. But hey, I liked Waterworld.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I recorded it to watch soon. I’m not reading any more of this thread. lol

Ad was promising.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wife recorded it - we just watched the first 30 minutes or so, and I quit. Seemed quite contrived with too many cliches. Those who experience true western/ranch life probably will see it as hokey - I thought the stallion capture/unloading was unrealistic - not good. Didn't see the calf pull. I did like the mountain scenery, but don't need the show for that - we live in it.

Don't know whether she will continue to record/watch the thing (stupid gratuitous "F" word use by the hard-looking redhead and others). I have too many good/needy things to do - done with that.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I watched it a second time this evening.....caught several things in the story line that I missed the first time.

I like it

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.