Print Thread
Hop To
Kenlguy Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anyone ever used one of these before?
https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com/images/2017/medium/8466.jpg

You pull the mag follower down by pulling out that black part on the bottom and drop the rounds in one at a time.

It's put out by the Mako Group which usually has some pretty innovative parts and accessories.

Last edited by Kenlguy; 06/23/18.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
GB1

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I dont find that loading mags is difficult enough to want to add more moving parts to the mix.

And most of what I see from Mako is hokey, and largely lacking in quality.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
"Plastic" mag, no thanks.

Neil

Dong Ha Vietnam '67
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
plastic. LOL. So many things are plastic these days that are as good or better and longer lived than other metals its not even funny.

I'm amazed that the anti plastic thing is still out there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
agreed on the plastic comment. Must have never tried a Pmag?

But yeah, loading AR mags is pretty easy already; this looks like a solution looking for a problem.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
plastic. LOL. So many things are plastic these days that are as good or better and longer lived than other metals its not even funny.

Yep, that plastic p.o.s. Glock pistol will never fly.
Heck, it will melt in the summer. Why would someone
try to make a gun from "plastic".

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Kenlguy Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Yondering

But yeah, loading AR mags is pretty easy already; this looks like a solution looking for a problem.

The problem just might be a sixty two year old diabetic with just enough nerve damage to his hands to make shoving that #30 round in a slight chore.
That's why this mag caught my interest. However I don't think I would ever use one as long as I've got a LULA or two laying around.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Never seen the need to put more than 28 in a 30 anyway, but I get it.

The LULAs make loading Carolyns 10mm mags full much easier on the last few rounds though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Originally Posted by Yondering

The problem just might be a sixty two year old diabetic with just enough nerve damage to his hands to make shoving that #30 round in a slight chore.
That's why this mag caught my interest. However I don't think I would ever use one as long as I've got a LULA or two laying around.

That's fair, I guess it might make sense for you then, if the mag functions as well as a Pmag.

I'm with rost on only using 28 rounds (or 18 in a 20) in the mag too though; it's not completely necessary in good mags IMO but is a good habit for maximum reliability, and loading is easier too.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
easier and while I MIGHT change my mind if combat was on the ticket, anything else including self defense will not get a full mag.

That said I shot a LOT of rattle battle with full 20s as I don't like 30s... and I can't recall a full 20 ever giving me an issue, those days were all still surplus GI AL mags.

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I used to abide by the 18 in a 20 just so it would lock up easier with GI mags on a closed bolt. Pmags lock up with a full mag, 20's or 30's so I've been loading full mags for the last several years now. I keep my GI mags put up, though I've managed to give away half of them. I must remember to download if I ever break one out of retirement.

As for the "new" design, it's been out for awhile and I don't think they've been setting the AR world on fire. Get a good mag loader so you don't have to be limited on mags. I deal with swelled arthritic hands that go to sleep if idle for very long yet so far I can still load mags with them. I know my day is coming and I'll get a good loader.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
instead of a new magazine I would try to find a magazine loading device.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by rost495

Yep, that plastic p.o.s. Glock pistol will never fly.
Heck, it will melt in the summer. Why would someone
try to make a gun from "plastic".

Maybe not, but it is still plastic.

Plastic does make for good tackle boxes.

Take pride in your arms.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Stripper clips.

" It will be fine after the swelling goes down "

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 3,344 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,296
Posts18,468,010
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.