-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Husk and boil for a few or grill/roast inside the husk.

Don’t like husked corn grilled.

For seasoning, I like Johnny’s and butter.

Last edited by MadMooner; 06/23/18.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Real and fresh means you eat it raw. Slathered with butter and salt of course.

Otherwise you bring the pot to a boil, drop in shucked corn, kill burner and put lid on. 10 minutes later you are good to go.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The one and only veggie that I do not like though raw I can do. This from one that hauled piles of crates of corn in the Bay Area as soon as I could drive.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Elote, Mexican street corn. Like mine with a little chile powder, no cilantro and sour cream instead of mayo. Squeeze of lime, too.

Murphy was a grunt.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fremont
Elote, Mexican street corn. Like mine with a little chile powder, no cilantro and sour cream instead of mayo. Squeeze of lime, too.

Was wondering if someone was going to mention it.

Soaked in water, roasted in husk over lump charcoal until just light charring, when ready peel back husk and use as handle, rub with a fresh lime then a light coating of dressing made with equal parts mayo(extra thick deli style if you can get it), Mexican crema or sour cream(yup there is a difference), finely grated cotija cheese and cilantro. Then dust with pico de gallo chile powder or top with your favorite hot sauce like Tapatio.

Always have extra grated cotija, cilantro and lime wedges on the side to add over top of corn.

As an FYI that concoction above makes a great roasted cold corn salad.

Should kinda look like this...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by FatCity67; 06/24/18.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why are Y'all so determined to screw up corn on the cob. Get corn, shuck it, boil it, put salt and butter on it, eat it. Simple enough. If you don't like it, raise better corn. I prefer Incredible or Sweet G-90. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
What about roasting ears? My father used to talk about those. Just corn, picked at the best time to cook, and eat?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My Grandmother used to make the best corn of all from young field corn, cut off and fried in a cast iron skillet. Do not know the whole details, but sugar was added and it was good. Field corn is much different now, and I don't know exactly how She cooked it anyway, but is suspect that bacon grease played a part. That was back in the 1950's. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Miles, I think you are correct about field corn being different. The open pollinated varieties may have been more tender.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Always have extra grated cotija

Knew I forgot something; yes, the cotija is key. Also, we prefer crema to sour cream. And, we've gotten to the point of cutting the kernels off and making a salad. The problem is it's a lot of work and it gets absolutely hoovered by people. 20 ears of corn salad inhaled in about 7 minutes.

Murphy was a grunt.
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have not seen this one posted yet.Every time we fry fish,along with cheese grits and and thin sliced fryed heinz dill pickles,we use zatarains fish fry and cut the big ears in half season them and and fry them.The corn only takes about 5 min and with the fish fry season it turns out great.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fremont
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Always have extra grated cotija

Knew I forgot something; yes, the cotija is key. Also, we prefer crema to sour cream. And, we've gotten to the point of cutting the kernels off and making a salad. The problem is it's a lot of work and it gets absolutely hoovered by people. 20 ears of corn salad inhaled in about 7 minutes.

Yup

Originally Posted by leesway2
I have not seen this one posted yet.Every time we fry fish,along with cheese grits and and thin sliced fryed heinz dill pickles,we use zatarains fish fry and cut the big ears in half season them and and fry them.The corn only takes about 5 min and with the fish fry season it turns out great.

Damn I bet that tastes good.

Last edited by FatCity67; 06/24/18.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Never heard of that. Guessing cotija is a hard cheese?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Think hard feta cheese.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,166
Posts18,465,308
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.