Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Based on several recommendations and a lot of positive reviews, I decided to make the jump from Canon to the Sony mirrorless platform this year which was a MAJOR investment. After receiving the new A7iii I picked out two of their top lenses (24-70 & 100-400) and added a grip so I'd be all set to see what this Sony could do. Unfortunately, I started having issues right off the bat and initially chocked it up to me being a new user on a totally different platform but, as it turns out, it wasn't user error - I ended up with a defective body! I've had non-stop issues with the camera and ended up having the auto-focus totally quit working last week so I missed taking pics of my son's out of town baseball tournament (were they went undefeated on Father's Day weekend!). I visited a local camera shop that Saturday in hopes of renting a camera and lens with no luck but the owner did confirm the auto-focus was out so at least I know it wasn't user error. I sent Joel a PM and got a call from Jeff. He said he thought I've had the camera too long for Sony to take back but would see what he could do. Considering that I've been addressing these issues since week one, I'd be surprised if they didn't take care of it (with over $6k invested) but we'll just have to wait and see. As a high-volume dealer I'm sure Cameraland NY has quite a bit of pull with Sony so wish them and me good luck!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Jeff,
If Sony stays firm, we will replace it at our expense and deal with your camera on our own. Service is what it's all about.
Our Jeff is on it

Thanks for your support

Joel

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000
[email protected]
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thanks Joel.....Nobody comes through like Cameraland NY!!! 👍

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I hope things can be resolved satisfactorily

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you decide to abandon the Sony platform, I’ve been shooting a Fuji XT2 mirrorless for about 6 months and it’s been stellar. It also came from Joel at CLNY.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What lenses does the Fuji use?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Fuji has a large selection of lenses for their X series. You can see them on our site, www.cameralandny.com

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000
[email protected]
N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Still trying to get this Sony A7iii handled.....Joel, have you touched base with Sony since we PM'd on the 8/20?

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Just buy from B&H and be done with it in the future, they don't play around.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Still trying to get this Sony A7iii handled.....Joel, have you touched base with Sony since we PM'd on the 8/20?

You’ve been w/o a camera this whole time? I assumed this was resolved months ago. This is a bummer and reflects poorly on Sony.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We and Sony are on top of this. Just need the camera and my rep will check it and get it taken care of.

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000
[email protected]
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by CameraLand
Jeff,
If Sony stays firm, we will replace it at our expense and deal with your camera on our own. Service is what it's all about.
Our Jeff is on it

Thanks for your support

Joel

Originally Posted by CameraLand
We and Sony are on top of this. Just need the camera and my rep will check it and get it taken care of.

2 Months later? This should have been taken care of ASAP

B&H is the answer to the question.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How is B&H going to help the OP get his camera fixed/replaced?

B&H is not the answer for me. They have dropped to my third/fourth choice now because I've gotten tired of being nickled and dimed by B&H with the "free" shipping.

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
I had issues with this camera from the get-go but at first we thought it might have been just a matter of getting used to a new platform so it got drug out awhile but Joel/Cameraland have always done great by me and are stepping up again to take care of this issue. I didn't want to drop all this money on a new camera platform and end up with a refurb and many other companies would've just told me it was my problem and had me send it in for repair but Joel/Cameraland stepped up and made sure to let me know they were going to take care of the camera regardless of what they had to do, even if it meant turning mine into a demo. The recent PMs were to inquire about purchasing a replacement battery hatch because I was using a grip and can't find the original. Joel gave me a call and told me "not to worry about it, just send it in"......now THAT is GREAT service!! I seriously doubt any other company would go to that length to take care of their customer..... wink

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Wonder how many camera sales Sony has lost so far due to this threads "recommendations"?

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks for the kind words.
Sony is still a great option. Just because someone has an issue with a product does not mean everything they make is no good. This is why every company has a service department. Things do happen. Thankfully, Sony has very few issues. For the entire 2018 they are the #1 selling full frame camera in the USA combining DSLR and Mirror Less.
Sony stands behind their products quite well. Sony still has the most Full Frame mirror less camera options and by far the most dedicated lens without having to use adapters.

I am always available if you have any questions.

Thanks
Joel

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000
[email protected]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any update on this Sony A7iii?

Jeff

N
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
N
Hi Jeff. After spending that kind of $$ and having the issues I did, a refurb wasn't in the cards but Joel at CameralandNY really stepped up to take care of me on this one. He just let me know that Sony confirmed that they would replace the camera which is excellent news!! I've been a loyal customer to CameralandNY for many years and they've always given me excellent prices on my optics, cameras and lenses and this is just another great example of their customer commitment! I don't doubt for a second that if I'd purchased this anywhere else, the best I would've done is end up with a hi-dollar refurb so make sure to keep that in mind with the holidays coming up!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good to hear! I've had nothing but great service from Cameraland as well. Hopefully, the original Sony was just a fluke, and your replacement gives you great service. I have yet to make the jump to mirrorless, but I'm looking at it.

Jeff

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Do you have the new Sony? Any update on field experiences?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,663
Posts18,455,732
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.