Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Got a bad bunny problem and thought I should get a new gun to deal with it. I ordered a 2300 from the Crosman Custum shop and put a goofy little red dot on it. Fired it for the first time tonight, at about 30 ft in the basement. The first 3 shot group I tried after getting it on paper was smaller than a pencil eraser. The red dot isn’t going to allow me to wring out the most accuracy from this pistol. I need something for use at roughly 25’-100’. Would like to keep the price under $250.

So you have any good ideas?

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Should be no recoil to worry about, any handgun scope should work. Nikon makes a nice 2X. Mounting it could be interesting.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Look on Crosman's site, I'ma thinkin that they have a scope mount the clamps on the pistols.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
J
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks for the help!
I don't believe that the mounting will be too bad. I got the long receiver and it is grooved just like a 22lr. There should be plenty of length for mounting a reasonable length scope. I was afraid that the red dot wouldn't be bright enough for outdoor shooting put it can't get much brighter than it is today and I can see the dot just fine. I tried it yesterday after the sun went down and it had a "scattered" look to the dot... The dot was surrounded by lots of tiny specks of light. Couldn't focus on anything.

The local Scheel's carries Nikon scopes so headed down there to see if they have a 2X in stock that I can peep thru.

Thanks again!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have NCstar pistol scopes mounted on a 2300T, modded 2240, several Beeman P17's and a Mrodair CP-1M. I like the fixed 4x the best but they are no longer available. The 2-7x32 also works well. My friend has a few in 2.5x30 and likes them. The biggest drawback is they are all set up to be used as scout scopes and the eye relief is a bit short on a pistol but they still work. Keep in mind that the parallax/focus will probably need to be reduced for an air pistol. The NCstar models can be easily adjusted by removing the objective lock ring and turning the lens cartridge to the desired distance.

My 4x models were found at gun shows for $20. One was missing the turret caps. A call to NCStar and they sent me new ones at no charge.

2-7x32 can be found for $40.

2.5x30 are around $35

Scoff at the NCStar brand if you want, but for an air pistol, they're almost perfect. I have no experience with one subjected to recoil.

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 22kHornet, 224th, 53 invisible), 2,055 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,069
Posts18,463,542
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.