Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Yondering, I examined 2 Gen3 G21's today. The Ghost Bullet Forward slide release does not stick out any further than what I was told was the stock Gen3 slide releases on those 2 guns. The Ghost version is, however, longer and gives me a better purchase from my index fmger on my left hand.

Interesting and good to know. Like I said, I hadn't seen that one so it's new info to me. Ghost generally makes good parts, although some of them are more suitable for competition than carry. Nothing wrong with competition parts either, when used in the correct role.

MOGC, to your point, I have actually considered cutting off the external tab on my stock slide locks for that reason, leaving just enough to catch with a finger. The stock Glock slide locks are pretty minimal though so I haven't had a need to do that. Only time I touch them is to lock the slide back intentionally; I never use them as a release.

Personally I see the extended Glock (not talking about the new Ghost part, again) pieces in the same category as their gen 3 extended magazine release - maybe helpful in gun games but a detriment in a fighting gun. I've lost mags to those extended mag releases several times in training, although some guys just love them.

Last edited by Yondering; 07/03/18.
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn! got the M-21 Gen 4 in today, FFL Guy installed the new extended mag release for me right there at the shop, he sold me a Blawkhawk Serpa holster too, hurried home, grabbed a pile of ammo and went to the bench, happy to report this pistol shoots to the sights with the 230 gr Gold Dot load at 963 fps, the 230 gr fmj-fp's at 950 also land with the gold dots in a snuff can sized group at a braced 20 yards.

Also damn glad to report all four 13 round mags are drop free, I heated her up pretty good running four full mags through it right quick, ran like a sewing machine, she's wiped off and on a cool down, jacking with the trigger dry firing it now, will take time to get used to that.

Overall very happy with fit, function and accuracy so far. smile

Trump Won!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Typical Glock. First one?

As for the trigger, it's easy (with a little practice) to get into the habit of bringing it right back to the wall after each shot, and then the break is rather like that on a single action auto. People mess up when they try to squeeze it like a double action revolver, sweeping it all the way through. You need to feel the wall and the break every time to get good accuracy, and with a little practice this can become a fast and automatic process. Before you know it, you will be accurately firing double and triple taps that way like a two or three shot burst subgun. Well, at least in a 9mm. I don't much shoot my 21, so haven't gotten to that point with a hard kicker like that, but who knows. Glocks are great guns, and will serve you well with a little well considered trigger time behind them.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Good to know, and No, I had a Gen 1 model 21 back in the day, carried it a hell of a lot more than I shot it, but, even back then with 230 gr XPT handloads with AA-#7 powder it never failed, even with my staggering and newly found handloading skills. grin

After I slow fired the first two mags for groups at 20, then ripped a full mag as fast as I could, I slow fired the last mag, but this time I kept my finger on the trigger as the pistol reloaded itself, came off the back wall to see if it had a short reset trigger like my P226, I'll have to admit, not bad at all for the Glock, I believe a man can fire pretty decent groups with that procedure as well.

I have to give a shout out too CHLInstructor [Neal], he sent me that new two tone [FDE lower] M-21 with Trijicon night sights, a brand new extra 13 round magazine, for a total of four mags, as well as a new Glock extended mag release, and all four grip backstrap pieces for 485 bucks, the pistol is flawless without a mark on it, though as a farm and work bang em up truck/tractor pistol it wont remain that way for long.

Thanks Neal! I appreciate the extra "above and beyond the call" my Friend. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks Buddy! Glad you like it!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
...though as a farm and work bang em up truck/tractor pistol it wont remain that way for long

That's where they shine best IMHO... The G21 is a great choice for that duty, as you know. I use my G20 as a pure working and woods bumming gun and it's super in that role.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good to know, and No, I had a Gen 1 model 21 back in the day, carried it a hell of a lot more than I shot it, but, even back then with 230 gr XPT handloads with AA-#7 powder it never failed, even with my staggering and newly found handloading skills. grin

After I slow fired the first two mags for groups at 20, then ripped a full mag as fast as I could, I slow fired the last mag, but this time I kept my finger on the trigger as the pistol reloaded itself, came off the back wall to see if it had a short reset trigger like my P226, I'll have to admit, not bad at all for the Glock, I believe a man can fire pretty decent groups with that procedure as well.

I have to give a shout out too CHLInstructor [Neal], he sent me that new two tone [FDE lower] M-21 with Trijicon night sights, a brand new extra 13 round magazine, for a total of four mags, as well as a new Glock extended mag release, and all four grip backstrap pieces for 485 bucks, the pistol is flawless without a mark on it, though as a farm and work bang em up truck/tractor pistol it wont remain that way for long.

Thanks Neal! I appreciate the extra "above and beyond the call" my Friend. smile

Congratulations, gunner. Sounds like you.got a nicely configured, great shooting gun at a fair price.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by MOGC
...though as a farm and work bang em up truck/tractor pistol it wont remain that way for long

That's where they shine best IMHO... The G21 is a great choice for that duty, as you know. I use my G20 as a pure working and woods bumming gun and it's super in that role.

Thanks again CHLI.

You bet MOGC, it should fill that role with ease, I dumped another mag this morning in the fog, reloaded it and carried it with me today, I usually carry friction retention leather holsters for my 1911's and even have one for my P226, the Serpa is a different animal altogether, one ALWAYS NEEDS to remember to keep that trigger finger perfectly flat on drawing, I could see in haste or under stress it'd be easy to fu-k up with that holster. smile

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Damn! got the M-21 Gen 4 in today, FFL Guy installed the new extended mag release for me right there at the shop, he sold me a Blawkhawk Serpa holster too, hurried home, grabbed a pile of ammo and went to the bench, happy to report this pistol shoots to the sights with the 230 gr Gold Dot load at 963 fps, the 230 gr fmj-fp's at 950 also land with the gold dots in a snuff can sized group at a braced 20 yards.

Also damn glad to report all four 13 round mags are drop free, I heated her up pretty good running four full mags through it right quick, ran like a sewing machine, she's wiped off and on a cool down, jacking with the trigger dry firing it now, will take time to get used to that.

Jerry that totally doesnt surprise me. and speaking from personal knowledge..those gold dots will work for theire intended purpose as well

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Congratulations, gunner. Sounds like you.got a nicely configured, great shooting gun at a fair price.

Thanks Dirt, I missed this post, we must have hit the go switch about the same time, I'm still in stupor dumbass mode from getting a new gun, I meant to say "EXTENDED SLIDE RELEASE" instead of extended mag release, the one that came stock on this pistol is just fine and seems to be bigger than the old one I remember from my Gen 1.

Trump Won!
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Jerry that totally doesnt surprise me. and speaking from personal knowledge..those gold dots will work for theire intended purpose as well

Thanks G12, good to know about the Gold Dots, I've never used them on anything but water jugs and other homemade test media, they always expanded well and penetrated okay, good to know they work on meat too. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gunner, if you find you don't care so much for the Serpa, the Safariland ALS is a decent OWB gun locking kydex holster for not much money. The ALS rides comfortably, is intuitive and easy to release the thumb break lock, protects the gun and seems tough.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Thanks again CHLI.

You bet MOGC, it should fill that role with ease, I dumped another mag this morning in the fog, reloaded it and carried it with me today, I usually carry friction retention leather holsters for my 1911's and even have one for my P226, the Serpa is a different animal altogether, one ALWAYS NEEDS to remember to keep that trigger finger perfectly flat on drawing, I could see in haste or under stress it'd be easy to fu-k up with that holster. smile

Ever see the YouTube video of Tex-somebody shooting himself in the butt?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
With the Serpa, yes.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Gunner, if you find you don't care so much for the Serpa, the Safariland ALS is a decent OWB gun locking kydex holster for not much money. The ALS rides comfortably, is intuitive and easy to release the thumb break lock, protects the gun and seems tough.

Thanks for the tip on the Safariland ALS, if it has an inside thump sweep release or some such it would have to be a better [safer] design.

Dillonbuck, no, I haven't seen the guy shooting himself in the butt, did he draw from the appendix position or something?

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
With the Serpa, yes.

OOPS, confirms my suspicions with that design! grin

Trump Won!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Thanks for the tip on the Safariland ALS, if it has an inside thump sweep release or some such it would have to be a better [safer] design.

Dillonbuck, no, I haven't seen the guy shooting himself in the butt, did he draw from the appendix position or something?

thigh with an exit below the knee.

the ALS is a much better design

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Saw that video. I'm not so sure that one rubbed out.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Saw that video. I'm not so sure that one rubbed out.

he does a follow up video after the incident. it doesnt make hik look any kess retarded

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12

thigh with an exit below the knee.

the ALS is a much better design

SHEEITTT! if it crossed and exited the offside that would mucho suck, fmj would help it suck less too.

Trump Won!
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 22250rem, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,213 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,802
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.