Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
My wife and I spent this weekend in Sheridan, Wyoming. Sheridan is a beautiful town. They have many stunningly beautiful statues on public display around downtown. We saw lots of construction and new buildings and new infrastructure around town. Black Tooth Brewing has pretty good beer and we dined at several great restaurants in town. We are looking forward to retirement and, on a lark, we looked at a few homes for sale and were surprised that the home prices were much higher than we expected.

I thought I’d check with any of my Campfire friends who live in or close to Sheridan is it as great of a place to live as it looks, or has it already been Californicated? Colder than Aurora in the winter, I know, but cooler in the summer. smile

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
BP-B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Yes..it is as nice as it looks.

Dont tell anyone you are from Colorado.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
One of the few places outside Montana I would definitely consider living.

Sheridan is a great town. Great location. Spendy.

Lots of money in the region. Had my banker who grew up on the dry side of the Bighorns due west of there tell me there are more British royalty in that county than anywhere outside of England.

Montana MOFO
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Don't live there, my parents live in Ranchester, 13 mi west. Sheridan is pretty spendy, might check the outlying communities, Ranchester does seem more reasonable pricewise. Winters can be a 8itch, expect lots of snow.

If you get the chance go the PRCA rodeo there, the Indian Relay race is crazy. Airborne Indians wearing nothing but loincloths flying off tumbling horses, fights in the grandstands between bickering tribes, cops & EMS folks running everywhere.

Last edited by weaselsRus; 07/01/18.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
My wife and I took a field trip there a couple of weekends ago to check it out as our retirement home (my in-laws used to live there). We were surprised by how high housing prices were compared to Cody, which we're also considering. If you go about 30 miles south of Sheridan there is Buffalo, which is a beautiful little town practically in the foothills, and we found housing there more affordable than in Sheridan. We're staring to think about it.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by McInnis
My wife and I took a field trip there a couple of weekends ago to check it out as our retirement home (my in-laws used to live there). We were surprised by how high housing prices were compared to Cody, which we're also considering. If you go about 30 miles south of Sheridan there is Buffalo, which is a beautiful little town practically in the foothills, and we found housing there more affordable than in Sheridan. We're staring to think about it.

The wife has been looking on Zillow recently. McInnis, what don't you like about Cheyenne that you would consider moving "upstate"?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
there are some big money "California types" that are in the area. But overall, the town is nice, and Weatherby is gearing up to have an office there. It is quiet, very pretty and close to Billings for tax free shopping. Snowmobiling in the Big Horns is top notch!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

The wife has been looking on Zillow recently. McInnis, what don't you like about Cheyenne that you would consider moving "upstate"?

I bet... too many people in Cheyenne, too close to Colorado and a lack of Mountains! The scenery is better in Sheridan and the town is quiet. Most people living in Wyoming want to be away from a lot of people.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yes..it is as nice as it looks.

Dont tell anyone you are from Colorado.

Yes, they will call you the ph-ucking greenie after the green license plates.

When the billionaires kick the millionaires out of Jackson Hole, the millionaires move to Sheridan.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Is it OK then If one tells them how "that's not how we" did it in kalifornia? grin

Last edited by LouisB; 07/02/18.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Oakster
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

I bet... too many people in Cheyenne, too close to Colorado and a lack of Mountains! The scenery is better in Sheridan and the town is quiet. Most people living in Wyoming want to be away from a lot of people.

Ok thanks, people.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
My next trip up there, time will be spent in that country.
Battle sites, for one - and the King Ropes Museum, for another.
Quick trips taking delivery on cattle haven't left enough sight-seeing time - just enough to realize I want to go back,
Probably visit a few friends around there - Buffalo and Wyarno.

Last edited by mark shubert; 07/02/18. Reason: spelling

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LouisB
Is it OK then If one tells them how "that's not how we" did it in kalifornia? grin

This is how I do it in California...🤣

https://www.instagram.com/grizzskinner1/

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Love that vintage late 70’s early 80’s camo. Instagram? Really? Daughters keep pestering me to start one.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Love that vintage late 70’s early 80’s camo. Instagram? Really? Daughters keep pestering me to start one.

I hate the snobby status symbol camo of today.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by LouisB

This is how I do it in California...🤣

https://www.instagram.com/grizzskinner1/

You sure got a lot to complain about.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by FatCity67

I hate the snobby status symbol camo of today.

That digicamo crap is out of control. The previous generations slaughtered game some to almost out of existence in Buffalo plaid and dungarees.

BTW great pics.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
<<McInnis, what don't you like about Cheyenne that you would consider moving "upstate"?>>

BigWhoop, Oakster answered my question about as well as I could. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Cheyenne and it's a good place to make a living. But when I'll have the freedom from a job, then there's just better places if you like the outdoors.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
736 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 67 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,763
Posts18,401,397
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.