-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My Razor manual says to never try to clean a filter. Why not? An air compressor can remove a pile of dirt from one and if you blow the air backwards through it, it won't drive any dust through to the inside. Is there some reason I shouldn't other than cutting into their filter sales?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, compressed air can blow holes in the filtering media and degrade the filter efficiency.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

just an FYI for parts...oil...stuff

good guys

yes compressed air can/will damage air filter

https://www.polarispartshouse.com/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
My Razor manual says to never try to clean a filter. Why not? An air compressor can remove a pile of dirt from one and if you blow the air backwards through it, it won't drive any dust through to the inside. Is there some reason I shouldn't other than cutting into their filter sales?

If ya gotta, vacuum it from the outside.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
thanks for the replies. As it happens, my Razor has an aftermarket filter kit. It has 2 truck filters, one inside the other. The outer one has wire mesh both inside and out. It's pretty sturdy. Last week we were riding in a very dusty area and it clogged up and stopped. I had to knock the dust out of the outer one to get going again. The inner one was still nice and clean. With the air having to go through 2 filters, it makes air harder to suck through heavy dust so it's more prone to choking out. I have to clean it out more often.

― George Orwell

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure which Rzr you have, I replaced the OEM filter on my 570 with a foam element Uni. It uses an oil thicker than snot and stickier than honey. The factory pre-filter is a mesh that sets behind a grill on the outside panel. I soak a rag with WD-40 and wrap it around the grill, it catches a lot of dust. The Uni seems to do a better job than K&N filters.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Mine has an after market filter kit. The outer one is one of these Donaldson heavy equipment filters with another smaller one inside of it. Almost nothing gets through them. It does clog up quickly, though. With the engine having to pull air through 2 of them, it takes less dirt on the outside to block it.

[Linked Image]

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you tried NAPA, Autozone, O'Reilly's to see if they could cross reference them to something they have in stock that is cheaper than your stock Polaris filter? Might be cheaper in the long run and you could carry a spare with you.

For example, I get the fuel filter for my sled ( 2014 Ski Doo Summit) from NAPA, costs me $12 whereas the Doo filter costs me $32 from the dealer and it's the same damn filter.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,079
Posts18,463,857
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.